“Best stay in bali!”

Ranked #11 of 529 Ubud B&B and Inns
Verbier, Switzerland
“Best stay in bali!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We had such an amazing time.
The two brothers owning this place are the most genuine and friendly people ever.
They both worked in high class hotels/company so they know what kind of standard to give to their guests.
The rooms were super clean, the new ones have everything you need to enjoy your stay, the 2 old ones are cheaper and are really good too.
The helped us booking a few activities, have us informations, and anytime we needed something they could provide it.

If you are in ubud, go there!!!cheap and fantastic!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I loved this place, was one of the nicest guesthouses I stayed at on my travels, the two brothers who run it are very friendly, considerate and engaging.
I know on reviews some have flagged too small a breakfast, now I am a big eater and felt it was sufficient. I will concede there are only 2 options but given its a 6 bedroom guesthouse I think its fine.
The rooms were well kept, very clean, good air con in my room.
I would say that paying extra for an upstairs room for view is not worth it though as the price difference is too big.
I would also flag that on many nights ( I stayed for 9) I could hear music till 1130 from a distance away (but I drowned it with air con)
But all in all really lovely place...

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark J
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing Balinese hospitality!!!
Down a small alley off one of the main roads in ubud you will find this absolutely lovely, clean, peaceful and what could be, your own little, personal piece of paradise!
My partner and I stayed in the delux room with the AC (room 6) for 5 nights!
The room was gorgeous, spacious, cool, clean and tidy! It also had it's own little balcony that had a comfortable chair and coffee table overlooking the lovely surroundings, including a relaxing, blissful rice field! (A lovely view to wake up to and eat your breakfast and having a warm cup of tea!)
Now the room and the scenery are just part of this place, I can't write a review without mentioning the amazing staff who made out stay just wonderful!
On arrival we were greeted by Wayan and later we met Made both providing a level of service that surpasses any we have ever received! (Beating the amazing service we received previously in seminyak)
Together these 2 significant individuals improved the quality of our holiday in ubud through many actions! Too list a few:
-on arrival Wayan provided us with fresh hot tea to enjoy and help us unwind as we unpacked (also provided us with a map of ubud with places marked to see and do)
-on the first morning my partner notice there was fruit growing in the courtyard, before we knew it, Wayan had a few pieces picked and washed for us to enjoy with our breakfast!
-the day before leaving Made organised us transport to gili t for a price that beat all competition!
-the morning of leaving Made made us breakfast earlier than breakfast starts! 6:15am!
Might I add all the breakfasts were of high quality and We enjoyed then, EVERY morning during our stay
I could go on and on but let me just summarise with this;
I honestly feel the room/place deserve 5/5 stars
And the staff deserve the same!
If I could give 10/10 this place 100% deserves it!
You will love this place!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Setyadi88
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this place given I paid only 30sgd/ night but really - the service and rooms I got were probably worth more than that. I got the 2 air conditioned rooms and 2 non-ac rooms and they were really nice especially the ones in the new wing. Even for the older wing, still wasn't too bad given the charm and Balinese-inspired decor. Breakfast and service was superb given that there were only 2 male serving the whole resort 6 rooms). I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Ubud and is looking for a good, cheap and central hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Berryknots
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

By far the best place I've stayed at in Ubud. I stayed here for two nights and then came back for another three. If you're looking for quiet, clean, affordable accomodation with great location, this is the place. Rooms are spacious with a large bathroom with shower with hot water. They're simple, but extremely clean and you got everything you need. Bed is big and comfy. You can choose between a room with a fan or with AC. I stayed in both, equally nice. As I don't care that much about AC I prefer the room with the fan as the price is lower. The veranda had a comfortable couch to sit on, I was reading for hours here as you don't hear much of the noise of the busy road. Upper level is a bit more private, but all rooms are nice, new and clean. Right on Monkey Forest Road you can walk anywhere from here (or take a taxi if you prefer). If you're into yoga; Yogabarn is only a 10 mins walk which I really liked. Breakfast is simple but tastes good (toast or omelette + fruit). There's no safe in the room, but quite honestly the two brothers who run this place are so trustworthy that you won't have to worry. Also see previous reviews about this. I even left my whole backpack with them for a while. Always one of them is present, they're extremely friendly and helpful, they've helped searching for another location when they were fully booked and sorted out tickets to the Gili's for a good price. I felt super safe here as a solo female traveler and it was always nice to have a chat with them. This felt like my home away from home and would highly recommend this lovely little place!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Thailandl0ver
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Ubud for 4 days. Three days in a expensive hotel and the last night we stayed in gerhana sari 2. We didnt know what to expect but we were blown away by its quality.

Best value for money ever! Clean rooms, helpfull staff, aircon and a nice view over a hidden rice field in de middle of ubud centre!

It is hard to find if you walk down monkey forest road but ask your taxi driver or someone form Ubud and enjoy your stay!
It is near the three monkeys.

Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The place is lovely, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is very good, especially the omelette.

But most important, Made and Wayan, the 2 brothers taking care of the business, were extremely helpful, so nice and always smiling.

My mother and I had an issue with our credit card. The day we had to pay for our stay, we couldn't get any money from every ATM in Ubud (we tried to withdraw cash in almost 20 of them). Made took me on his bike to other ATMs a bit further from the B&B, just to be sure it was a card issue and not the ATM. Then they cancelled for us the trip to the Gilis (Wayan had taken car of the whole organization of the trip at very interesting rate) we were supposed to go on next morning at 7am. Thanks to a friend we got money via Western Union at 9 am the morning we were supposed to go to the Gilis (Made had once again driven me there).
Made and Wayan were very calm and confident during this crisis and we thank them for it.

I can only recommend this place, it's a piece of heaven ! We were very sad to leave

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family