“Beautiful, clean and friendly staff”

Gerhana Sari 2 Bungalows
Ranked #8 of 666 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Extremely clean, beautiful and spacious room. Friendly staff, attention to details. For me there is no doubt that this the place to stay un Ubud.

After 7 nights sleeping un different hotels (mostly shaddy) while crossing Java, Gerhana Sari was our second hotel in Bali, but the first we tried in Ubud. It was love at first sight. The garden is beautiful and quiet yet you're only a few steps away to Monkey street where everything happen. For the price this is a bargain!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hamé L

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at Gerhana Sari 2 Bungalows for 5 nights in July 2014. Where to start?! It's a fantastic place, very peaceful and quiet but in a great location on monkey forest road. The hosts wayan and made are really lovely, gentle guys. They're very helpful if you ask for help or information, and are lovely unassuming gentle people. They frequently replace your thermos with hot water throughout the day, so that you can make tea/coffee whenever you want. They also set mozzie coils outside your room nightly.

I stayed in two rooms while I was there, a superior (deluxe?) room with aircon for two nights and then a standard room (fan) for three nights. In between these stays I have one night at another place, which was similar price but nowhere near the quality of Gerhana Sari 2. Both the deluxe and standard rooms had a daybed outside the room, perfect for curling up with a book or ipad (wifi is great) when you want a break from ubud. This was the biggest difference between Gerhana and the other place I stayed...the other place had chairs and a table outside the room but it was not a spot you could 'settle in to', so to speak. Also, while I was in ubud it was a bit overcast and rainy sometimes... So I was very very grateful to have such a comfortable 'base' to return to at Gerhana Sari.

It wasn't hot while I was there, so I didnt mind not having aircon when I was in the standard room (I am from Darwin so am used to heat, I actually had to ask wayan for a blanket!). The only plus that the deluxe room had was that because it was on the second floor, there was more natural light later in the day, which was good for reading. When I was in the standard room, because it is quite leafy and green (lovely) in the surrounding courtyard, it did get a bit dark to read on the daybed in the afternoon. Not hugely, but one day at about 5pm I did think to myself... Ohh i could still be reading if I was an upstairs. (What a life!).

Also great is the location of Gerhana Sari 2 bungalows. About a 10-15min walk to the yoga barn.

All in all, a great little find. That's trip advisor for alerting me to it! It's an absolute gem.

Thanks wayan and made.

Cheers
Sara

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank daybed
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

+ Very clean room's (they are cleaned every day)
+ Very helpful and friendly owners
+ nice breakfast (you can make yourself tea and coffee the whole day for free)
+ location is very central but also very quite
+ it's cheap

- nothing to complain about!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a surprisingly pleasant stay that we decided to extend. The people running this place are quite probably among the best people we've ever met, and in a place like Bali, that's saying something. The rooms are squeaky clean, comfy, with good AC and well taken care of. They each have their own balcony where you can enjoy breakfast and chill out at the end of a day. The location is smack in the middle of everything and very convenient, yet it's off the street with a beautiful garden so it is still perfectly quiet and relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed it here, and can wholeheartedly recommend this accommodation.

Room Tip: We had a room on the upper floor, which is newer and offered somewhat better view, but I really don...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bojan T
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We had such an amazing time.
The two brothers owning this place are the most genuine and friendly people ever.
They both worked in high class hotels/company so they know what kind of standard to give to their guests.
The rooms were super clean, the new ones have everything you need to enjoy your stay, the 2 old ones are cheaper and are really good too.
The helped us booking a few activities, have us informations, and anytime we needed something they could provide it.

If you are in ubud, go there!!!cheap and fantastic!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I loved this place, was one of the nicest guesthouses I stayed at on my travels, the two brothers who run it are very friendly, considerate and engaging.
I know on reviews some have flagged too small a breakfast, now I am a big eater and felt it was sufficient. I will concede there are only 2 options but given its a 6 bedroom guesthouse I think its fine.
The rooms were well kept, very clean, good air con in my room.
I would say that paying extra for an upstairs room for view is not worth it though as the price difference is too big.
I would also flag that on many nights ( I stayed for 9) I could hear music till 1130 from a distance away (but I drowned it with air con)
But all in all really lovely place...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing Balinese hospitality!!!
Down a small alley off one of the main roads in ubud you will find this absolutely lovely, clean, peaceful and what could be, your own little, personal piece of paradise!
My partner and I stayed in the delux room with the AC (room 6) for 5 nights!
The room was gorgeous, spacious, cool, clean and tidy! It also had it's own little balcony that had a comfortable chair and coffee table overlooking the lovely surroundings, including a relaxing, blissful rice field! (A lovely view to wake up to and eat your breakfast and having a warm cup of tea!)
Now the room and the scenery are just part of this place, I can't write a review without mentioning the amazing staff who made out stay just wonderful!
On arrival we were greeted by Wayan and later we met Made both providing a level of service that surpasses any we have ever received! (Beating the amazing service we received previously in seminyak)
Together these 2 significant individuals improved the quality of our holiday in ubud through many actions! Too list a few:
-on arrival Wayan provided us with fresh hot tea to enjoy and help us unwind as we unpacked (also provided us with a map of ubud with places marked to see and do)
-on the first morning my partner notice there was fruit growing in the courtyard, before we knew it, Wayan had a few pieces picked and washed for us to enjoy with our breakfast!
-the day before leaving Made organised us transport to gili t for a price that beat all competition!
-the morning of leaving Made made us breakfast earlier than breakfast starts! 6:15am!
Might I add all the breakfasts were of high quality and We enjoyed then, EVERY morning during our stay
I could go on and on but let me just summarise with this;
I honestly feel the room/place deserve 5/5 stars
And the staff deserve the same!
If I could give 10/10 this place 100% deserves it!
You will love this place!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple