“Excellent! We could not ask for more”

Ubud Driver - Private Tour
Ranked #54 of 399 Tours in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Visiting Bali?it's Best to see the Island using an experienced personal Bali driver and Guide. There's so much to see and do,it's not easy planning your itinerary without some assistance from a friendly and well informed Balinese. I am the man for the job!
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Ari was our driver when we did the South Bali tour. He was so easy to talk to, considerate of our needs, talkative but never intrusive. We never had the feeling that he was pushing us to do stuff to make us spend money, like other drivers and tour guides we have met in our travels. He is also an excellent ambassador for his lovely island, a proud Balinese with a keen sense of culture and place.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you need a driver or tour guide in Bali, Ari is the person to contact.

My husband and I traveled to Bali in July with our adult daughter. We based ourselves in Ubud and Ari took on two full-day tours.

Not knowing what to see we suggested he take us on one of his standard tours as per his website. After a few hours getting to know us he suggested some changes to the afternoon's activities that better suited our personalities, he charged no more but extended the tour a couple of hours over the scheduled time.

The second day he worked a tour around our suggested activities including getting up before sunrise to catch photographs of the early morning rice terraces. He is very flexible, professional and easy to deal with and his English is excellent.

He is a fountain of knowledge about Balinese culture and the sights to see in Bali. Ari loves to impart his knowledge and learn from others as well. He knows where to send you to find a bargain and all the good places to eat. He is very funny, amiable and kind - just a really lovely man. He is a safe driver and maintains his vehicle to a high standard.

Ari assisted us with a transfer from Ubud to Legian. We asked Ari if he could transfer us from Legian to Lovina and return some days later. Even though he had other tours booked, Ari organised for his brother to drive us. Wayan is a very safe driver also and he loves to laugh as much as Ari.

We thoroughly enjoyed our drives with Ari and Wayan and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you contact Ari for your tours in Bali.

2  Thank Leap601
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Found ariawan at really late notice after my other driver cancelled. Had arranged for early pickup to take from ubud to uluwatu but during the night fell so ill with bali belly and had to change pickup time till later at short notice ariawan was so kind and was happy to pick me up at new time. On the way to my destination felt sick so ariawan recommended me a restaurant so that I could grab some fried rice...BEST FRIED RICE I HAVE EVER TASTED!!! Ariawan is such an incredible human being taught me so much about bali and was so patient highly highly recommend English was better then mine and I'm an Aussie:)

1  Thank Tarrarose
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just spent a few days in Ubud with Ari and wow, he is the best tour guide! I have been to 52 countries, and usually don't hire a guide because i like going it alone. But, in Ubud i needed to hire a driver, and boy was I blown away.

Ari is super intelligent, really kind and, more importantly, incredibly knowledgeable about Balinese customs, culture, and wants to share that with you.

He also speaks excellent English (and I mean excellent).

I highly recommend booking a drive with Ari. And, when he wasn't available he always sent me another driver (his brother Wayan is also really excellent, just FYI!).

He and his brother, Wayan, are also respectful of time and timing, are really flexible, and are all around nice people. And woah, he answers emails quickly!

ubuddriver@gmail.com

Thank you both Ari and Wayan for making my trip to Ubud so special and wish you both the best!

Sandi

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We booked Ariawan for a full-day trip and later a drop-off at the airport.
He picked us up at the hotel nicely on time in a comfortable and well maintained car.
The day trip was great. At every site, Ariawan talked passionately about the history and culture. Even during the transfers he shared he's knowledge about Bali.
He drives in a calm and defensive way and has all the necessary permits.
We will certainly book him again on our next trip to Bali.