“괜찮은 음식, 그러나 부족한 서비스, okay-food and slow serving”
Review of Kebun Bistro

Kebun Bistro
Ranked #57 of 894 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kebun, a charming Provencal-style bistro in downtown Ubud, offers authentic Mediterranean cuisine in a delightful atmosphere. Its informal ambience welcomes diners for lunch, afternoon coffee and cake, tapas, cocktails, dinner, post-prandial coffee and dessert and late-night light dining between noon and midnight daily. Our attentive, friendly staff is knowledgeable about the food and wines we serve. French-trained Chef Adi prides himself on elegant continental and vegetarian fare and his fabulous desserts. Bread and pastry is baked in-house daily. Centrally located and competitively priced, Kebun is a great destination restaurant for hotel guests, small parties and groups.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

약간 어둑한 분위기가 좋고, 음식은 환상적인 맛은 아니지만 괜찮습니다. 하지만 우붓에서 이 정도 가격을 치르고 먹기에는 서비스가 너무 기대 이하입니다. 서버들은 미소띄고 말하기는 하지만, 테이블이 꽉 찬 만큼 너무 바빠서인지 무엇 하나 주문할 때마다 눈이 마주쳐도 오지 않았고 여러 번 부르고 또 기다려야 했습니다. 음식 또한 너무 늦게 나오고, 애피타이저를 다 먹은 후 메인이 나오기까지 20분이 걸렸습니다. 가격을 생각하면 추천하기 어렵습니다. This French bistro has nice and unique ambience with Indonesian touch. The food was not as fantastic as many reviewers described, but tasty. However, their service is way too slow and missing something. The servers are not rude but pretentious. I could finally order my food after trying to contact the waiter for about five minutes, and waited for another ten minutes to get my drink. After finishing antipasti, I had to wait another 20 minutes for the pasta and steak. Money wise, and experience wise, would not recommend.

MeginBali, Manager at Kebun Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear divatina_la

Greetings from Kebun Bistro,

Firstly thank you for the visit and I am deeply sorry to hear that you didn't value the spread we provided.

Our team and Leaders on site always try their best to make sure everyone of our guest leaves feeling happy and satisfied. I do appreciate your feedback and always look to improve all aspects and keep people happy.

If you would like to get in contact and share more detail of your experience, please directly contact me on franky@balispirit.com

I do hope to welcome you back and elevate your experience.

Kindly Regards

Franky
FOH Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here a number of times during my stay. Amazing staff. Delicious food and beautiful coffee. Sat inside with ac and spend hours just watching outside and enjoy the atmosphere of the cafe. Lunch is quite but busy at night. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very romantic atmosphere, like being in Italy or France. I always order the same thing (one day I'll branch out more on menu... maybe! ) The escargot! So buttery and garlicy and cooked to perfection, Fresh bread to finish off the butter. The caesar salad is perfectly dressed and full of big bacon slices. Nice wine by the glass (thankfully a change from Plaga). These 2 items together are substantial enough for dinner and just leave me wanting more of same! Friendly staff.. inside our outside seating. Very unique concept for Bali and is a winner every time

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and despite being very busy the food was very well prepared and cooked. As there would be a delay between our entree and main course we were given a tapas, but it really wasn't necessry as the wait was minimal compared to some places.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very delicious food. I had the carbonara with chorizo. Great though a little to fat for my taste.
their tapas selection is really good but very pricey. Each tapas is Around 2/3 up to almost double the price of their standard main courses and given you will need at least 3-4 tapas per person, as they are appetiser-sized, it quickly becomes expensive.
Still very tasty and good quality.
Their dessert selection is good but I was not fond of the lemon tart, which had too much marenque and the strawberry ‘sauce’ tasted artificial and fabric made.
My girlfriend had the profiteroles with icecream which she liked.
Their espresso is also really good.

Overall a good impression, but room for improvement on sizing and/or pricing of the tapas selection as well as room for much improvements concerning desserts.