Lily Lane Villas
  • Pool
Naya Ubud(Ubud)
Gajah Biru Bungalows(Ubud)
View Hotel
All reviewslily padlocal communityprivate poolreal balicoconut pancakesfully equipped kitchengorgeous staffour home away from homethe staff were extremely helpfulrice paddy walkbooked villabalinese culturetropical gardenthree bedroomyoga retreatpiece of paradisefirst trip to bali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My first visit to Bali and Lily Lane in October 2012 was an absolute joy. The villas are charming, comfortable, relaxing and truly local. The LL team,led by Made and Wayan, made me feel very welcome and I was extremely well cared for. Small gestures like flowers on my pillow and a beautiful tropical floral arrangement on the verandah overlooking the river was another treat. The colonial-era Ducth light fittings create agreat ambience in the villas. balinese food is fabulous, inclusinf stratign the dayas with the hosue soecialty the delicious banana pancakes. The weather was fabulous, and a visitor can swim every day in a pristine onsite pool. Ubud is a fascinating place with a great mix of interesting things to do, see and eat. A highlight was the Writers festival and a vist to the Green school. Jillian is a gracious and genrous hostess and I plan to return one day very soon for . Gabrielle Melbourne Australia

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Gabrielle E
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us Gabrielle! The staff really enjoyed looking after you. And as I also have an education background, I look forward to my visits to nearby Green School - a place of innovative challenging ideas for children and adults to explore - the bamboo architecture is amazing! You certainly don't have to be a teacher to enjoy their school tours. My son also enjoyed the inaugural Soul Shine Music festival held last month at Green School. And I agree with you about the Ubud Writers' and Readers' Festival held in Sept/Oct every year - a real treat to be part of a contest of ideas! It's on this year in the second week of the Victorian school holidays so Lily Lane will no doubt have some Victorian based Literature/English teacher 'chalkies' here! They may skip a few sessions to enjoy the new Cantika Spa which has opened almost next door to us - you'll be pleased to know I have enjoyed some wonderful treatments there - purely to ensure they are suitable for my guests, of course!!!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

A beautiful place to getaway. I just chilled for a week and soaked up the local atmosphere. Fresh fruit, beautiful villas, a G and T by the pool, a chat with the locals. Lots of tranquilo, lots of nice memories.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hugh K
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Magnifico! Muchas gracias! We are very pleased to hear that you had a relaxing time at Lily Lane and we hope you will spend tranquilo time with us in the future. Hasta la proxima, senor
!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Because of the reviews, pics of villa and they called it is "villa", we were expected quiet, private and cosy place with nice customer service, like Nefatari (great villas and staff with similar price). Unfortunately these lovely things did not happen.

First, location.
it's located on dodgy part of Sayan village, just front of local volleyball court. So every evening, so many half naked mens showing up to play and watch, they are so exciting, shouting. We were not comfortable to pass this gaming place and we hear their loud voices in our villa.

Second, very noisy.
There was construction of new villas across from ours.
Very loud ceremony music from temple near by until midnight is daily. On Saturday night, very very loud trance music until sunrise! It was very hard to get sleep.
Our "one bedroom villa with private pool" is only 2m away from staff family's house. We couldn't sleep well because they wake up at 6:00, start to chat and small kid yelling outside, smash something, even fireworks at 7:00! Also their daily life noise stoped at 21:00, We felt like we had to be very quiet and try to don't make any noise for their sleep.

Third, customer service.
Villa cannot lock the gate from inside, so staff always came in our garden without knock, we didn't feel any privacy with that "villa" . Staff including owner, they didn't know what is hospitality.(it's not mean they were bad.) I felt like they are losmen staff.

If you know what is villa, you will be disappointing. I felt like i was staying losmen or homestay, though we paid over 100 dollars. We were very happy we could stay real-villa after this place. (The name is Villa D'uma.)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uron00
Jillian W, Owner at Lily Lane Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear guests
We greatly appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry we were not made aware of your concerns when you were staying with us. I am acting immediately to improve our service. The pool overflowed because of the torrential rain in our wet season so we have made a small alteration to the pool design to stop this from happening again. We also highly value the privacy for our guests so we have installed a doorbell for all villas so staff are extra careful to seek permission before entering the property. The small renovation is nearly complete but we have closed further bookings over the next few days so guests are not disturbed. The family will also be more mindful of making noise in the morning or evening; and they sincerely apologise for disturbing you. We are happy to be not far from our local community including the evening volleyball activity but I understand now that you wanted to be more secluded - we apologise for this. Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it helps us to improve the quality of our product and service.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have stayed at Lily Lane Villas several times, with family (teenage children) and without. It is a lovely place: very comfortable and has everything we needed. Villa 4 is fabulous for a family because it is so spacious and has the gorgeous pool area as well as the kitchen. Upstairs is delightful with great views of the mountain in the distance on one side and Balinese life on the other. I'd get up early in the mornings and just enjoy lazing on the verandah after a dip in the water. I also loved Villa 3 which has one bedroom but a large living room with an area tucked away big enough to fit a bed, suited my son and I perfectly. And then there was Villa 1, perfect for a couple or me just travelling alone with its gorgeous garden and pool.
There are also the people associated with Lily Lane which made it very special : Made and Wayan and their staff. They are delightful, helpful, informative and caring, fun people and showed us a great deal about Balinese life. And I have been there when Jillian, one of the Australian owners, was there and she is very hospitable, knowledgeable and lots of fun. You can interact with these people as much or as little as you want.
Lily Lane is in Penestanen Kelod, one of the interesting 'arty' areas of Ubud towards the rice fields, a 5-10 min taxi trip or a good walk into the centre of town. I love it and Lily Lane and will certainly return

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillian K

We are delighted that you and your family so enjoy our villas, large and small, and that the facilities suit your needs. We look forward to your return in the future. Thank you for your kind words - the staff and I greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This group of villas will cater for all your expectations...(couples or family groups), all with the local flavour and generous spirit one would expect from Bali. All villas are as private or as open as you would like, and we never felt invaded.
Rooms were clean and up-to-date, and nothing was too much trouble for the owner or the on-site Managers Wayan and Made.
The photos are accurate - no hidden surprises, and the location (just a short walk into the centre of Ubud) and on a quite, foot traffic only lane way means no noisy honking and only the sounds of nature to wake you in the morning.
Don't look past this Villa if wanting to stay away from the very centre of Ubud, but still be close enough to eat out every night and capture what Ubud is really all about.
Thank you - a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe5769

The staff and I were pleased that you so enjoyed your stay and it was also a delight to meet you. We hope that you will return soon to enjoy Penestanan Kelod and do more walks in the nearby rice paddies. Thank you so much for your kind review.