“Authentic Ayurveda in Ubud”

Amrtasiddhi Ayurvedic Health Centre
Ranked #11 of 35 Food & Drink in Ubud
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Authentic Ayurveda in Ubud”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I signed up for a 5-day detox retreat and was delighted from the moment I arrived. Accommodation onsite is modest and comfortable. Dr Sujata Kekada is a thoughtful and experienced ayurvedic practitioner. She is very committed to individual treatment and she checks in daily with clients and adjusts programs according to each of their specific needs. She administers some of the treatments herself. The daily treatments are nurturing. The food served on the program is fresh, cleansing and rejuvenating. I did not expect to spend so much time onsite but that is the nature of detox. Daily yoga sessions with Leah were an important part of the body-mind detox. All the staff are so welcoming. I would definitely consider a longer panchakarma program next time. It is possible to do any of the programs and stay at other nearby accommodations. Amrta Siddhi is a short walk from the center of Ubud.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank DDP_hotmail

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Growing pains perhaps”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I had two visits to the centre - one for a consultation and one for a treatment. The consultation was fine but the doctor's young daughter kept coming in and out of the room to talk to her mother. Once is fine but the fourth time I finally said something to the child. When I returned for a treatment a few days later there was loud construction, as well as loud conversation, going on right next to where I was being treated - and as the walls do not go up to the ceiling, they may as well have been on the bed with me. Given the relatively high cost of treatment at the centre, I hope they can iron a few of these things out. Perhaps the service is better if you are getting a full multi-day treatment. I appreciated the offer for a reduced charge when I brought my comments to the attention of the manager. They do seem committed to delivering good quality care. As such I gave a rating of average vs poor.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank urbannomad69
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A little piece of Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My husband and I spent a life changing 10 days at Amrta Siddhi in December last year. We did a 10 day Panchakarma and although we had no expectations other than hoping we would come away feeling rejuvenated we found that we have now got a new lease on life and are trying to maintain the good feeling now we are back at home. We cannot recommend the treatment here highly enough. From the owner Dr Sujatha Kekada and all of her staff and the wonderful Sharada (yoga and meditation teacher) they treat you with such kindness and professionalism. The treatments were sheer bliss and we cant wait until we can go back again. This is an opportunity not to be missed. If you want to feel alive and vibrant and radiant then you just visit Amrta Siddhi.

Visited December 2012