“A life-changing experience”

AmrtaSiddhi Ayurvedic Health Centre
Ranked #31 of 215 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I recently went to Amrt Siddhi Ayurvedic health centre for a 21 day Panchakarma (detoxing and rejuvenation) . This is the real deal if you want to get well and happy and maybe extend your life on this earth! What a fabulous bunch of people from Dr Sujartha to the ladies that cleaned my room. Thnks you all so much for the best holiday ever.

2  Thank Jeannieoz62

Reviewed 29 July 2013

After following Ayurvedic practices for about ten years, and feeling a bit off-track recently, my husband and I undertook a 5 day rejuvenation program at Amrta Siddhi in early July 2013 after a friend recommended it to us. Frank was most helpful with any questions in the planning stage, and fortunately the driver showed us to our simple comfortable room as the whole place was in darkness on our arrival. We were made welcome from the first morning, with a thorough consultation from Dr Sujatha Kekada, who is very astute as well as good humoured, and the warm staff offering quiet gracious service. Each day we had treatments on our individual plans from friendly massage therapists, followed by rest in the peaceful environment of the clinic, which is just far enough from the jangle of Ubud centre (about a 20 min walk). The few other guests followed their own routines and meal times were more animated periods of getting to know each other, while respecting the tranquility and people's privacy. Mosquitoes were an issue for me morning and evening, and I'd recommend a natural repellent if possible, with Dengue fever a risk. The food was simple yet tasty, with much grown in their own garden, and adjusted to fit our treatment. The whole centre was very clean and well looked after. Dr Sujitha spoke to us whenever we had a query, with a final consultation to review, offer suggestions and prescribe any medicines to help maintain the good rebalancing we had just received. These were made up on site, and paid for separately. All in all we would thoroughly recommend Amrta Siddhi and plan to make a return trip within the year if possible.

5  Thank Glenis T
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I participated in a 5-day detox retreat at Amrta Siddhi a few months ago. It was fantastic! I enjoyed it so much that I kept returning for the nourishing breakfasts & lunches for a few more days after I checked out. Dr. Sujatha is excellent, I felt very safe in her care, and the staff are all very professional and friendly. The yoga sessions were excellent, and the programs are comprehensive, the treatments divine. It was nice to get to know some of the others who were participating on retreats, and while we were all on our own schedules, it was nice to know that others were going through their processes as well, that we weren't entirely alone.

If energy permits, the 5 minute walk up to the monkey forest is well worth a stroll, and Ubud town centre is a brief walk away. Nyuh Kuning village is a lovely village away from the hustle & bustle of busy central Ubud, yet close enough to walk. I found the on-site accommodation very comfortable, clean, & private. If there is a large group on a retreat program then you might hear the guests during mealtimes as the rooms are close to the outdoor sitting/eating areas, however I was never bothered by it. It's a very quiet place after dinner, which made for restful sleeps.

Overall I had a great learning experience and there are books available to borrow to learn more about Ayurveda. The yoga teachers are excellent, too, and each with their own style/flavour, which added a bit of variety and different levels of understanding & depth of yoga therapy. I learned how intertwined Ayurveda & yoga are.

I highly recommend Amrta Siddhi detox retreats, and next time I would like to participate in their panchakarma program. For those who are not ready or do not have the time for participating in a retreat, Dr. Sujatha offers one-off consultations where you learn of your individual constitution (Vata/Pitta/Kapha), which is where I started first before deciding to try out the detox retreat a few months later. I'm very glad that Sujatha was recommended to me by a fellow traveler.

Do yourself a favor and check it out!

5  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I signed up for a 5-day detox retreat and was delighted from the moment I arrived. Accommodation onsite is modest and comfortable. Dr Sujata Kekada is a thoughtful and experienced ayurvedic practitioner. She is very committed to individual treatment and she checks in daily with clients and adjusts programs according to each of their specific needs. She administers some of the treatments herself. The daily treatments are nurturing. The food served on the program is fresh, cleansing and rejuvenating. I did not expect to spend so much time onsite but that is the nature of detox. Daily yoga sessions with Leah were an important part of the body-mind detox. All the staff are so welcoming. I would definitely consider a longer panchakarma program next time. It is possible to do any of the programs and stay at other nearby accommodations. Amrta Siddhi is a short walk from the center of Ubud.

5  Thank DDP_hotmail
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I had two visits to the centre - one for a consultation and one for a treatment. The consultation was fine but the doctor's young daughter kept coming in and out of the room to talk to her mother. Once is fine but the fourth time I finally said something to the child. When I returned for a treatment a few days later there was loud construction, as well as loud conversation, going on right next to where I was being treated - and as the walls do not go up to the ceiling, they may as well have been on the bed with me. Given the relatively high cost of treatment at the centre, I hope they can iron a few of these things out. Perhaps the service is better if you are getting a full multi-day treatment. I appreciated the offer for a reduced charge when I brought my comments to the attention of the manager. They do seem committed to delivering good quality care. As such I gave a rating of average vs poor.

6  Thank urbannomad69