“The real deal..”

AmrtaSiddhi Ayurvedic Health Centre
Ranked #32 of 211 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This sentence comes up in a few of the reviews and it was the reason my friend and I chose Amrta Siddhi for our detox. Generous and genuine also fit! We stayed next door at Puri Asri in a little bungalow each - the cost of all the treatments (min 2 hours per day) the doctors appointments, the fab food and accommodation worked out to be around AU$130 per day. Awesome value that you wouldn't anywhere in Australia, trust me I tried! I loved it so much I'm going back again for the 7 day rejuvenation program in October. Highly recommended.

5  Thank AnkiGoldCoast

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The 19 day panchakarma program was a wonderful gift to myself for cleansing of physical and emotional toxins, calming my overworked nervous system. Before the program I felt my body and mind were all out of whack and I'd had a range of health problems. By the end of the program I felt energized, my sleep had improved and my skin was soft & glowing!
Dr Sujatha is an exceptional Ayurvedic doctor and intuitive healer, she provides a safe space for healing and learning about the wisdoms of Ayurvedic self-healing. The second doctor Dr Ramil is another well trained Ayurvedic doctor from Kerala who is caring, patient and very knowledgable. Both take the time to listen, understand and advise you without judgement. They even did a weekly talk & lent me books on ayurveda which enhanced my learning experience also.
The staff are all lovely accommodating and cheerful and you can feel their loving kind energy flow through the treatments and food. I particularly enjoyed the weekly ayurvedic cooking classes by Manik & Made, plus the shirodhara treatments are pure bliss!
The accommodation was booked out but I was able to find a quiet affordable room w wifi nearby at Ons Homestay (which makes it even cheaper if you're on a budget) so it worked out well.
I would have preferred more yoga and more frequent classes for daily meditation practice (only offer 3 evening classes/week) and pranayama techniques to enhance the healing process. My other suggestion would be for one extra chill out area with a few couches and hammocks as currently it's limited to just the dining area or reception.
Overall a wonderful cleansing retreat I happily recommend to anyone looking to restore their health and wellbeing :)

7  Thank Perns
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a small place in a lovely spot on the other side of the monkey forest from Ubud town. Staff are very friendly and helpful and do their jobs well. Although I left feeling more energised and got a lot out of many of the treatments, I had mixed feelings about the effectiveness of what was offered but there were two main issues.

There was very little information or explanation regarding treatments. Staff gladly answered any questions, and if you were hanging around the office area, they would come and see how you were. Otherwise you followed a standard program with little direction on a daily basis, so no one was explaining why or what to expect or things to look for, which is very different to other similar places I've been to. There's no information or resources around the place so that you can read up yourself and learn more about the treatments either. This all may be because the resident Doctor was away (which I had been told about before booking) as all the other reviews I've seen have been positive about the personalised care, but I found the consultations with the replacement Doctor to be very basic and the small amount of advice was very general and not particularly relevant to me, so the whole experience was very impersonal.

The bigger issue was the noise. There was building and gardening work on site so a lot of hammering, sawing and drilling right next to the accommodation making it difficult to relax. The compromise after my second day was that the builders would only do this work when we weren't around, but this meant they resumed during treatment time, so you could hear loud electric drilling and sawing while having a massage. There was also construction work either side of the compound and trees were being chopped down with an electric saw all day, every day less than 100m away, preparing the site for construction. Eventually the staff agreed to move me to a hotel up the road, and to come to the centre for treatments. This worked better, but I felt the owners should either close the retreat when making renovations or at least tell guests in advance so that they're accommodated elsewhere. Other guests shared these views and I found a general sense of disappointment with how the centre was being run at this time.

5  Thank Glyn W
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A friend recombined me this Ayurvedic retreat and I decided to give it a try. I completed the 21 day Panchakarma program and I cannot recommend it highly enough!
It’s a very cozy and small clinic with a personal attention. The doctor is very professional, intuitive and has a personal touch. Treatments rooms are clean and tidy, therapists are very kind and helpful. I’m not a big fan of yoga but there I went almost every morning as it was very insightful! The food was tasty and different and girls in the kitchen was always happy to serve you small special treats that made each meal even more pleasant.
It is a great place if you want to know yourself better and get well or happy. Thank you to everyone for creating such a great place!

Visited December 2013

7  Thank Gouzelle
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have seen pictures of other Ayurvedic Clinics, but this one was my choice because of its size, simplicity and personal service. It only takes from 6 - 8 people at a time (with some extras staying at the hotel next door). It is lovely to sit in the dining room, and see the cook come passing by, arms laden with produce from the nearby organic vegie garden!
The resident doctor is highly intuitive, and delightful. I completed the 12 day Panchakarma program iwhich was intense, but so rewarding - I really believe that miracles happen here every day!
Rather than being a resort with added Ayurveda, it is a basic place of healingI
All of the staff were pleasant and helpful.
I cannot recommend it highly enough!

3  Thank lilly1010