“Excellent Paddy fields view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Pranashanti

and 1 more site!
Villa Pranashanti
Ranked #319 of 526 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Paddy fields view”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Those who are looking to unwind the stressfull city pace and demands, this is the place to be.
Resort was well architect. If you are someone who is not concern and petty about quality of management service, i would recommend this. I still get what i ordered for my breakfast and service transfer to Ubud centre. For the kind of price you pay i hav no complains.

Room Tip: Get the rooms that is facing the ricefields. You need to check with the reception to arrange their t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jahaho

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

My stay here for 4 nights was bliss, if you hire a scooter it is great as you can zip into Ubud in around 10 minutes. The villa has rice paddies on one side and a spectacular river gorge on the other. Take some earplugs as the frogs make a racket at night. Polite staff and lovely breakfast...and inexpensive meals all day. Beautiful gardens and 2 pools !
A great place to lose yourself for a few days. Great room with 3 outdoor seating areas.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Tasrod
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Surrounding is very beautiful and architecture is gorgeous but it is run by poor management. They downgraded my room without me being informed while they still charged me price of the room I booked as their boss occupied the room. I had to sort out this matter with receptionist who can not speak english very well. I did not see manager during my stay.

The hotel is quite noisy during daytime as it is near by a busy road. I had to get up early because of noise from the road and could not take a rest much at room, either. It is not a tranquil place that I expected.(I could find a quieter place than this place in monkey forest road.)

I do not want to recommend this hotel because 1. It is too far away from main attraction 2. It is not quiet and tranquil place despite the location 3.Hotel management does not value guests at all

Room Tip: choose one bed room villa , can see rice field, Avoid twin deluxe
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank leon4351
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 31 August 2013

outstanding property, tucked away in the hilly forests, surrounded by paddy fields, the location was perfect away from the part mad main streets of Ubud, up a hill, one needs to hire vehicles to get around but that is hardly a problem, like all things in Bali, one has to "negotiate" the right price

Room Tip: great hotel, small extremely helpful crew and superb vibe
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank birdmanbombay
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Villa is beautiful set high up in the jungle area outside of the business of Ubud. The location is a bit far from town so it will cost you an inconsistent amount depending on the driver.We had a gorgeous view outside overlooking the jungle everyday and would have our breakfast served on our terrace. We stayed for 4 days and they do not vary the breakfast menu but I would really look forward to my refreshing freshly squeezed orange juice, scrambled eggs, banana pancakes, fruit salad and balinese coffee every morning without fail. Although there was a lot of confusion every day on the time of our breakfast to be delivered - it was either too early or too late. Things were often lost in translation as their English is limited. As well the staff are not too knowledgeable in tours and/or directions. Best is to find a tour/ itinerary that you would like to do and show it to them and they can call and arrange either a driver or a tour pick up for you. Regardless it was a sanctuary away from the bustling city life.

Room Tip: Get a room with a jungle view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vong_Choice
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We've just left the villa after only staying for 3 days. Yes the complex is beautiful and the staff were originally very accommodating, but on checking out today they attempted to charge us for food and drinks that we never had and on questioning the manager he was very rude and obviously abusing me in Balinese when he walked away. It took him 3 attempts at an invoice before he got it right. So make a list of all your drinks and food. As for the food, its worth paying the taxi money into Ubud town to eat nice food. The food was cold, and very small portions and when we questioned the staff they did not like it at all. On the upside the free breakfast was fine, but the same thing day in day out. Our villa (cocoa) was in need of some repairs. The toilet was constantly running hot water, the paint was peeling off the walls in some places. I asked for another pillow for my bed, (only one supplied) and they said they they had no more! The beds were really hard, but we had fresh linen and beds made every day. So basically, don't eat at the place, don't question the staff and your stay would be fine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nursielisa
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel has beautiful architecture. Balinese stone and wood carving can be spotted both inside and outside of our rooms. Room is clean and very spacious. The balcony on 2nd floor overlooks a rice paddy field, a good spot for chilling out.
Location is some distance from ubud centre, about 10 mins drive. Its not an issue for us as we had a driver/guide and were out most of the day.
A slight disappointment is that breakfast has to be in the lobby. It will be great if there is the option for dining at the front porch or balcony which I did in my previous hotel.
I arranged my airport transfer with the Prana Shanti and Wayan, the manager drove me. He's very knowledgeable about Bali and I learnt a lot from him during the 1.5hr drive. I will ask him to arrange for tours the next time I visit again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TanJH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Villa Saraswati
#4 of 45 in Gianyar
Rumah Sungai Villa
Rumah Sungai Villa
#45 of 523 in Ubud

Been to Villa Pranashanti? Share your experiences!