“Not worth your time”

Ranked #114 of 197 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not worth your time”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

All the spa in Ubud were fully booked when we were there and Kalangan Spa was the only free one. That should have rang alarm bells but we were short on time. Looks great at the reception, but once you go upstairs you see how old and outdated everything looks. Reminds me of the cheap spa places along the streets. We had a 90 min facial with neck and shoulder massage. Facial was ok. What was strange was that they did a quick massage and all of a sudden - nothing but whispering and waiting for that time to wash off the mask. Very uncomfortable. Normally, the massage would continue until time to cleanse the face. I don't think we got our 90 min worth. Felt that they were ready to go home coz of the big festival next day. Did not tip extra.

Visited May 2014

Karratha, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Wont be going back”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Next to the main road and so noisy that there is no way you can relax at this place.

The ladies were nice enough but listening to the traffic was unenjoyable. Also my massage lady and my husbands lady were whispering during the massage which was a bit annoying.

We just went there on a whim as the nice looking one next door was fully booked but I should have done my research.

Massage itself was average & exfoliating scrub was just kind of slapped on.

Not worth the money and wouldn't go back.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank myboyfriendsanerd
“Cold, dirty, uninspired”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Kalangan Spa is not at the level of other spas in Ubud. First, the place is not sufficiently clean (the downstairs bathroom is really disgusting. Second, the staff does not seem to have the necessary tools for manicure and pedicure (we were two people having it done at the same time and they had to wait one another to share equipment). Third, the upstairs massage rooms are in attractive, there was no music or flowers to distract me while I soaked in a bathtub. And above all I said I was cold and nothing was done about it: no offer of a blanket or something to keep me warm during the exfoliation process. The staff is very uninspired. But it is not their fault. The women do their best to be pleasant. The fault is the poor training and bad management. I will not recommend this place.

Visited July 2013
Kunming, China
250 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 358 helpful votes
“Pretentious spa”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Must admit that I had a good massage here and they even let me take a shower beforehand. I went one afternoon during the rain.

But by now I have gotten so tired of these pretentious massage salons where they want to give me spiritual harmony and karmic enlightenment and everything else under the stars instead of just a good, honest massage. My aura and chakras are fine, thank you, just rub my sore muscles.

Cost 200,000 IDR for 70 minutes of aromatherapy massage. I did enjoy it, but would have preferred a place with less frills for a cheaper price.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ZhongguoKM
melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Massage”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Perfect Balinese massage. Beautifully appointed spa rooms in a large modern building. Polite staff with excellent technique. Well worth it would be happy to return there again.

Visited May 2013