“Perfect place to start your inner journey”
Review of Anand Ashram Ubud

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Anand Ashram Ubud
Ranked #202 of 554 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect place to start your inner journey”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We were so happy to have stayed there for our first 10 days in Ubud! We could not have found a better place to start our journey here.. so calm, serene and quiet offering meditations, yoga and even simple but delicious meals at great rates! Herny and Ude were so kind and helped us with whatever we needed during our stay. We loved morning meditations and ceremony as well as the evening meditations. Now after having stayed some place else for a few weeks, we even more appreciate our calm and peaceful stay there and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank starfairy444

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

How does one receive good karma from having your money stolen? By not going to The Hyatt and coming here instead. I never wanted to leave and I will come back here for an extended stay. It is too lovely set among the villages and rice padi of outer Ubud. 6am 12 noon and 6pm there is chanting meditation. The chapel/temple to the Mother Goddess is sooooo beautiful overlooking sunrise and sunset and the verdant green fields all around. You join in the rites and rituals of a Hindu tradition which forms the layering over Bali's earlier animistic religion. If the caretaker chef is in residence, you eat well or visit the little shop down the road for fruit. It is a place to heal, revive and for me to survive the unpleasant experience of Pecatu.It is about 4 or 5K from Ubud proper and that may be not the thing for tourists. This is really a place for private retreat but the other visitors were all doing their unique thing as I was mine. Read all about Anand Krishna, the founder and enjoy the healing pool; and the great library that features Anand Krishna's books among which is a tribute to Michael Jackson. The most memorable experience of Bali and thanks to the person who robbed my money. I gained more than I lost - immeasurably! The gardens are lovely and if you want the hut which is separate from the main building and its standard rooms, book them.. They have a great outdoor shower set among stones and plants. I preferred the view from the cell-like room named after a Hindu goddess that was my haven. Sooooo peaceful and quiet I was sure I had died and gone to heaven. You also get to meet fellow travellers up close and personal at places like this was do not have all the drawbacks of backpackers but all the benefits. Dont go if you want action and shopping.PS There is hatha yoga after morning chanting. It's part of the spiritual practise so it's not paid for - you can always donate though!

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the padi fields or the separate huts with garden shower.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank NibbanAh
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Beautiful, peaceful place just outside of ubud on a rural lane. Simple, lovingly made rooms with nice views, inspiring open temple space for meditation and kirtan on Wednesday evenings. And my favorite: the small temple room above that honors the divine feminine in a number of forms. Not a new-age vibe--more grounded than that, while it welcomes those of every faith as well as those who find their spirituality outside of traditional forms. The staff is warm, welcoming, and loving. Worth a visit, for an hour or a week.

Room Tip: Check out the room at the top--amazing views.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dharma_wanderer
Armidale, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Ubud's newest secret....just a short ride out of town. Unlike many touristy spiritual hubs in Ubud, Anand Ashram is completely genuine - You can literally 'feel the love.'

I was fortunate to met Anand Krishna, the founder. A truly inspiring, dedicated spiritual activist who went out of he's way to make me feel welcomed.
The caretaker, Herny, is beautiful, very helpful and a great pancake maker!
My room with was clean and simple. With a spacious place to practice yoga, which I did and the morning meditation and devotion from 6:00 to 7:00 AM. It has a community kitchen and dining area, a glistening pool (which I unfortunately didn't get chance to swim in).

I only stayed for one night, but I'm looking forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo