“Perfect for a short visit or long stay”

Taman Sari Guest House
Ranked #347 of 609 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had a really great experience here. There is lots of character to the place - from the lovely garden with bright blossoming flowers, to the lovely staff, to the special locally sourced furnishings. The landlord, Vicki, is great - very on top of things and helpful.

The bed was comfy, the accommodation spotless, the water hot. We were happy campers!

You can easily come here on your own, but this would also be a great place to rent out as a big group - if you had 3-4 families you could rent out the whole compound and have a really fabulous place to stay.

We visited for 10 days and were very comfortable. There were also two sets of longer-term guests there (including my parents!) who are very happy with their situation there.

We were very happy here and would definitely go back again.

Protips:
- Made's warung is just a few steps away. This is an excellent spot for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or drinks. Highly recommend the pork ribs!
- Abe Do warung is also very highly rated and is about a 10 minute walk down the hill
- There is laundry across the street
- Sugars hotel is a 5 minute walk away and has a very nice pool which you can swim at for a small fee.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My friend and I went on a 500km motorbike ride around the island of Bali. Taman Sari guesthouse was our second "pitstop". We reached the guesthouse after a grueling 150+km bike ride and we were welcomed by such great hospitality by the hosts, and their beautiful accommodation. We had the third floor of this guesthouse all to ourselves, and was awed by the view from our spot! It's nestled just far enough from the busy Ubud, but close enough for us to walk to town. We had an amazing stay, it's one of the best places in Bali to just relax and unwind. The couple of nights we spent at the guesthouse seems to fly by so quickly! We both wished we could stay longer!

Room Tip: Top floor is the bomb!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a lovely stay here! The place is very suggestive, not far from the center of Ubud, close to the rice fields. Our room was clean and spacious, and the view from the balcony on the third floor was unique
Vicky is a wonderful person, very friendly and helpful.
If you are looking for a place to relax, this is the place. The only regret is that we stayed only two days!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaia L
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed twice in Taman Sari Guesthouse and both times I enjoyed the stay so much, that I wanted to prolongue it. Taman Sari is a small property, pretty outside Ubud, yet close enough to be in the center within few minutes.
The hosts are super friendly, the cleaning is functioning properly and one had this feeling of being part of a family while staying there... even afterwards.
They have contributed so much to my stay in Bali. I am super grateful for their hospitality.
All the best Taman Sari!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Violeta1975
Tykissy, Owner at Taman Sari Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

We are very happy indeed to hear that we were able to offer you some comfort and support during your time in Ubud. From Taman Sari House side nothing could please us more. It was our absolute pleasure that you chose to share your time in Bali with us and we feel lucky to have felt your presence. Happy Travels and Keep Smiling :)

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was living at Taman Sari House on the ground floor for a month and: I loved it! The room was little but big enough to live there for a month – and actually I stayed most of the time, when I was not out, on the terrace. The Wifi was working very good and the view into the lovely garden made me work perfectly on the laptop. The staff members were very sweet and always want to serve you in the right way. Vicki is an amazing Lady, who cares a lot about her guests. She is very charming and I felt at home just by knowing that she was around. The driver Ricky were also asking if he could help with anything – once he helped me opening my bicycle lock (I lost the key), very kind man.
The way downtown is quite far (2 or 3 km), but with the bike it was quick to get there (and a good exercise!). Some meters up the road is a place called Sugar’s where you can join some nice time at the swimming pool.
The place is surrounded by colourful rice paddies… juicy green rice paddy fields… beautiful! And the Botanical garden is some minutes walking up the road.
Taman Sari House is a pieceful place to stay – and I loved the good energy which I could feel every day.
I will come back to Vicki’s place when I visit Ubud next time.
Many thanks to Vicki!!!

Room Tip: Choose either the ground floor room with the nice view into the lovely garden or the 3rd ground room...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Champey
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent value for money of this guesthouse, when I walked in off the street to check availability. I stayed for a month in the summer of 2012. It is set amongst paradise - nature all around. The view from my bedroom and from my first floor balcony was amazing! The bungalow was very spacious and had all the amenities I could wish for, including a bath! Vicki and her staff are excellent hosts and struck a nice balance between being very friendly, whilst also respecting my privacy. My bungalow was kept clean and tidy and I felt very safe there. I really felt part of a family while I was there. Vicki is a very warm host and I highly recommend this guesthouse. It's a home from home, set in paradise.

Room Tip: The bungalow on the first floor (first floor meaning one level up - as in the UK) has amazing views!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed at the Taman Sari for four weeks in July/August 2012. It is a quiet place with a beautiful atmosphere. The service is great, the room and bathroom is very clean and the view out on the rice fields makes you forget everything. It is two kilometres from the main road with the Botanical Garden next door and a swimming pool a few minutes up the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo