“Relax and enjoy”

Ranked #73 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Australia
“Relax and enjoy”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hubby and I stayed here at the end of the March for 5 nights. It was our first time in Bali and I think we picked a great place to stay. We were here during the spirit festival so it was nice to be able to retreat to a place without the noise. It took about 45 min to get here from Denpasar Airport and we arrived at midnight. The resort was quite and our room was lovely, considering it was only costing us around $60 p/day. Breakfast is about the only time we really saw others staying at the resort, generally there was only 1 or 2 other couples you would see down the pool area. It felt like you had the place to yourself. Breakfast is from 7.30am and has 2 types of fresh juice, some pastries, fruit, salad and a hot breakfast (Indonesian style) I generally had a fresh omelette made.

The shuttle service runs every 2hrs from 10am. Going into Ubud was fine but trying to get picked up was unreliable. So we either used a taxi ($5) or walked. However the nice thing is if you are the only ones in the shuttle you can ask for a few things ie: can you stop at a money exchange or Monkey forest. These are on the way to the centre of Ubud so isn't a problem.

Taxi's - Standard cost will be $5 or 50,000 rupiah. There are plenty of guys on the side of the road who will offer you a taxi. They are perfectly fine to accept and you will be surprised at how clean and nice they are. **TIP** Take a photo of the map of Ubud from your room/resort book and have it with you. This way the driver will know where to go. This came in handy so many times.

Walking - Not as scary as I thought it was going to be and very easy. We generally took the shuttle in and walked back. It takes about 30-40min from the centre of Ubud. But it's not hilly and a very easy walk. If you need supplies you can easily take a 20min walk towards Ubud and there is a big supermarket on the right with a lovely bakery. It's also where lots of great cafe's and restaurants are. Just be aware there aren't really footpaths in Ubud, but we never had a problem walking on the side of the road and felt totally safe.

Scooters - we didn't do it this time because we didn't know about Bali roads. But when we come back next time I would not hesitate to get a scooter to use around Ubud. It's super simple and costs about $10 for the week.

Day Spa - I had 2 massages here, both Lomi Lomi for 90min. Cost was $20 each which was fairly standard outside of the resort. Both were divine, Although I found out about a place called Bliss which is in the rice paddy's. $100 for 5hrs of spa treatments with pick-up to and from the hotel. Next time I'm going here!

Hotel Restaurant - people have said the menu is limited. I thought it was fine with enough to work your way through over a week of dinners. We didn't spend out whole time in the resort. If we did, then yes you would get sick of the menu very quickly.

24hr Movie Channel - This I really loved! It's called Lotus on channel 10/11. Totally awesome when you are back for the night or chilling out.

Service - Very attentive, friendly.

Overall this was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had 218 which was upstairs at the end of the resort. Beautiful view over the rice paddy's.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LDMAustralia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
bali
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked this hotel with my friend, to be closed the Bali Spirit Festival, but to be quiet in a rice field.
The location is beautifull, the garden very clean.
From the reception welcome to the check out, all the staff is very nice and non intrusif.
The room are big enought, and the view is beautifull on the rice field.
The bedding and linen are good quality.
The bathroom is ok, not luxury but simple.
We do not tryed the breakfast because we left to early morning so cannot comment.
I think i will book again for my next trip in Ubud.
Good value for monney.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Finland, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 March 2014

all of staff is very friendly, but one of them he is Putra. the suttle bus is didn't come to pick me up from the town, but he find me there, than he call to the the hotel to pick me up.
I didn't remember him, but he can remember us. than he know how to make the guest are enjoy.

Thank you very much Putra, it was nice to meet you

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had 5 nights stay at this hotel and had a very pleasant stay...excellent hospitality by all the staff including the gardeners...i felt so welcomed each and every day during my stay...my stay was very complete and great with excellent room and people...

The service would be even excellent and fantastic if there is more choice of food for breakfast buffet..only matter which made us slightly bored was the same menu every day while we were there for 5 days (fried rice and fried noodle)..i would highly suggest that the hotel prepare different types of meals each day from Monday to Sunday which will add value to the excellent hotel and hospitality service being provided currently..it could be any other Asian choice of food or western choice, not necessary daily, maybe one or two days in between would be great..

I felt so nice being treated with the excellent hospitality...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Bhavani R
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at Bhuwana for 2 nights. The hotel beautifully surrounded by trees and other flowers and plants. The room overall was really nice. Spacious and tidy. And like the other reviewers said, yes, the water heater took about 10-15 minutes to be heated up. The management and staff were really really nice. There's also a shuttle per 2 hours to take you to the central of Ubud. The breakfast was okay and the room service meal was superb. I also enjoy the swimming pool. They also have access to the rice fields behind the hotel. Next visit? Definitely.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Sarah G
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel is very quite and surrounded by lush vegetation and rice fields. A welcome spot to relax and get away from the busy streets in town. A 5-10 minute drive into Ubud, with a regular shuttle. The timing of the shuttle pickup in town was a bit off, but that's the traffic and not the hotels fault.

The hotel was very quite, although there seemed to be only about 10 rooms occupied when I was there so it might get busier in other seasons. I thought the pool was great, nice temp and prefect for relaxing. Staff was very friendly.

The room looks like most hotel rooms, clean, comfortable, and the bed had a wonderful wood carved frame. Room as a little dark but nothing to worry about. Bathroom was clean and functional, maybe a bit plain but again not a problem. The hot water in the shower took maybe 3 minutes max, so not an issue.

The wifi was strong in my room. My only complaint would be no in-room safe. There is a safety deposit area at the lobby, which has a bank style double key safety deposit box for each room, so things are certainly secure once in there but a little inconvenient to go down to the lobby and get a staff member to open it up with you when you want to access your valuables. But a minor inconvenience at most.

Room Tip: Booking on Agoda had a much better rate then booking direct.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CWYYC
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in Ubud and one and a half hours car ride from the airport. The fare to hotel from airport is USD30. It's low season when I was here and only 5 rooms were occupied. Rooms are big, but bathroom needs improvement. The hot water takes about 10 minutes to reach the bath room in the morning thus wasting a lot of water. Breakfast was good (ala carte) though it's supposed to be buffet. Staff are very friendly and the hotel operates a shuttle to Ubud town every 2 hours which is good. Overall, my wife and I had a great time in Ubud.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple