“Awesome service”
Review of Bhuwana Ubud Hotel

Bhuwana Ubud Hotel
Ranked #83 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived here on my birthday. I didn't tell anyone it was my birthday. That evening, when I came back from the Ubud Central, Putra, the porter who helped with our bags that day, greeted me Happy Birthday. I was pleasantly surprised and asked how did he know? He said he saw my birth date on my passport when I checked in.

My friend and I booked a cycling trip at the lobby. We found a cheaper alternative and decided to cancel the previous booking. The cancellation was done after 1030 pm. No questions asked, they obliged immediately.

Another very touching scene was that 2 guests and us took the last shuttle service from Ubud Central. On the way back, the road was very dark. The driver actually recognised 2 guests from the hotel walking back. He immediately stopped and asked them to get in.

I would say the experience with Bhuwana is very heartwarming. Lovely place to stay away from the buzzling city. I don't mind the walk out every morning for my yoga class.

Being out from the buzzling town and having a padi field, you will have some guests like insects. Daily rooster crowing and ducks quacking early in the morning is a common affair.

I will highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We only stayed two nights but loved this place. Initially we thought it might be too far out but the free shuttle service was great so meant we got to be in a stunning spot, with lush tropical garden amongst the rice paddies but could be in town when we wanted. It also has free bikes which we loved. Really recommend just going out the main gates and turning left. Stay off any main roads as these are crazy busy. We spent about 2 hours meandering through villages and rice paddies. Finally felt like we were seeing the real Bali.
Food and pool were lovely. We also had a massage which was more expensive than one off the side of the street but worth it for the serenity of the surroundings and quality of massage.
Our room was spacious and clean and looked over the lovely pool. Highly recommend this place .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie D
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and wished we stayed longer.

Positive sides:
+ Very beautiful hotel and surrounding. The hotel was very well designed, positioned and maintained. The view of rice fields from the balcony was astonishing, especially on sunrise!
+ Very nice and clean swimming pools. My sons loved it and keep asking for a little swim.
+ We ate lunch and dinner there and they had the best nasi goreng I ever ate in the whole Bali and Lombok, and pretty reasonably priced.
+ Modern room with everything my family would need.
+ Good service, but we had a bit of bad experience. We got very good bargain on one online promotion, so though my son stayed for free, the hotel 'forgot' to tell us that the baby cot wasn't covered in the price, so we needed to pay extra.
+ Free hourly shuttle service to the town.

And the negatives (most of them were minor):
- Though new and modern, there were parts of the room (especially bathroom) that started crumbling down. My guess that they rushed or tried too hard to save money on the construction.
- The bathroom's water flow was rather weak.
- There was no way you can take shower or bath without making the whole bathroom floor wet, especially with young children.
- No lifts to the upper level, so we needed to carry the baby stroller through the stairs everytime.
- Poor location, far from the town and there were nothing near the hotel (yes, we tried to stroll around).

Conclusion: We will come back if we have the chance!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank fbass
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Very calm and nice surroundings, had a view of the ricefields from our room. (220) nice pool and very good service! Need shuttle to get anywhere, but easy to get taxi, and the hostel have free shuttle to ubud center now and then.
The breakfast/restaurant was disappointing. Boring and not that tasty dinner.
But all together a good experience!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Therese K
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A lovely hotel for 2 nights on our Exodus tour. It's only 2 years old, set in beautifully maintained gardens and a lovely big pool with plenty of comfortable sunbeds to relax on. The staff were really friendly, very helpful and keen to please. The room was large with the most elaborately painted Indonesian four poster bed which looked fit for a king and very comfortable with lovely clean crisp cotton sheets. The bathroom was equally as good. We only had breakfast here which was very good.
There was a shuttle bus service in and out of Ubud every 2 hours which took about 10 to 15 minutes but we liked being just outside the busy tourist town if Ubud.
Ubud is a lovely town to explore with many temples hidden away and plenty of cool bars and restaurants to choose from as well as some very good shopping in the shops and the market.
We went to the Palace to see the Balinese dancing and music for IDR 80,000 (£4) per person which was good but a bit samey so we left after an hour as it's an hour and a half long.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PinkFloydCambridge
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff Tuty were polite and friendly. Answered our question patiently. The room was clean and cool, nice decorated, nothing else you would expect. Pool seems clean and breakfest by the pool was calm and relaxing. SPA was the best. We had a packaged covering facial and full body lasted three hours including a floral bath. Hotel provides free shuttle bus to ubud palace (booking in advance required) but make sure you find the place where the bus pick you up otherwise it's not as easy to get a taxi without hassles on ubud street.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank florencetw
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Bhuwana. The facilities were great to just spend a day poolside. There was an inclusive breakfast buffet which had enough choice. Their poolside menu was basic but adequate and reasonably priced. The hotel offers a shuttle to and from Ubud centre on a 2 hour rotation, which is more than most hotels offer. They were efficient and on time. The staff were friendly and welcoming (as are most Balinese). The room was large, as was the king size bed. The sheets were like new. Coffee and tea facilities as well as basic toiletries were provided.

The location is a bit out of Ubud centre (although the quiet was welcoming). The cleanliness of the room was good. A quick sweep behind the furniture would however have gone far. The bathroom is a bit outdated and could do with a revamp, but was clean and included a bath and separate shower.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple