Jawi House & Painter
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ubud
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Cinta Inn(Ubud)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthe laughing buddha barsim cardsuckling pigair concentral locationputunoiseairbnbbalitransportaccommodationsdriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I found Jawi through the owner of the Bayu guest house where I was staying at. I wanted to stay additional nights but Bayu was already fully booked so she suggested Jawi and I'm so glad she did! For the low rate, It was a beautiful clean, spacious room with a balcony, with a flower tree right next to it. This was my view every morning....it was a relaxing and serene stay. Putu, the owner, couldn't do enough for me...she was gracious and sweet. Smiling, she would serve breakfast (included in the rate) out on the balcony so I could enjoy a quiet and peaceful meal. As I was there during Nyepi (Bali's New Year), and Ubud was closed down for the whole day, Putu had prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for me. Jawi was a wonderful stay, not just because of how beautiful and calm it was but also because of its gracious hosts, Putu and her husband, who maintain the place with genuine care and provided amazing guest service!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank SheilaS-2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I found this place by accident, and was so glad I did! The I stayed in was spacious, clean and mostly quiet (you can hear some music from the Laughing Buddha Bar at night - but it didn't bother me - great music actually!). Putu has created a lovely environment - I felt relaxed and calm just being there. Putu is very attentive and eager to please. Incredible value for $30 a night, including breakfast. I wish I had have found this place earlier - I would have been happy to stay here much longer...

The location is great - in a lane right next to the Buddha bar, off the Monkey Forest Road. The sign for Jawi House is above the Lotus Bungalows sign. Walk down the lane until you come to a large door with the Jawi sign above the fence.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Traveller204674
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I can not say enough wonderful things about this place. I stayed here for 10 days while I was in Ubud. The family that owns this little piece of heaven were exceptional, kind and compassionate. The lady of the house is absolutely wonderful and I will miss chatting to her every day. They only have two rooms to choose from and no matter which one you pick it will be quiet, clean and relaxing. The location is also brilliant; easy walking distance to everything. The bottom line is you can not make a mistake spending your time and money here.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Coco B
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Jawi House may not offer you the typical Balinese architecture like carved and painted doorss, but I dare say that everything at Jawi House is 5 star - from the cleanliness, the amenities, right down to the genuine family who runs it. With only 2 rooms (with balconies!) on the second floor, it's as private as private can get and I just loved the ingenious wide, glass windows which let in plenty of natural light. Great location on Monkey Forest Road - 10-15 minutes walk to Ubud Market/Ubud Palace, but easily missed as pointed out by one reviewer, because it's on a small alley set back behind the main road. I'd love for you to experience the tranquility of Jawi House yourself, so here's some navigation tips - it's across the road from Cafe Wayan, and the alley itself is right next to Laughing Buddha, which is next to Cinta Grill (whose signboard is more visible). If you're still lost, ask around for Lestari Bungalows -they're on the same alley.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SpicyOlio
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We were walking around in Ubud to find a place to stay, untill we found Jawi House and Painters. It is in the side street of the Buddha Bar (nice food and good music in the evening) and we were welcomed with a hug and a cup of tea. The room we were staying in was massive, had a big bathoom, kingsize bed, a table with 2 chairs and a nice balcony so you can enjoy your breakfast outside. The jaffles, fresh food and coffee/tea are amazing and so are the couple who is owning this beautiful place. You can rent a scooter through them to go around the area and the lady who's owning this place has a small shop next to the Buddha Bar. Stay here, enjoy Ubud and relax!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple