“I dont feel like leaving.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jawi House & Painter
Ranked #127 of 529 Ubud B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“I dont feel like leaving.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

It took us a while to locate the exact location of the homestay (it's located at the back alley of laughing buddha bar) but Putu was waiting for us and greeted us with her warm smiles, and not to forget, her very nice welcome tea! All these kind gestures of Putu definitely lightened up our day as we were tired from travelling on road.

My fiance and I spent a good 4nights there and we decided to cancel our stay back to Kuta, wanted to extend another night to stay in Ubud with Jawi house. Too bad it was already fully booked. Putu was so helpful that she helped us to get another room for our extended night in Ubud and made sure that we were all taken care of. I travelled and stayed in homestays and I can vouch that Jawi House is the best by far :)

We stayed in the bigger room which is considered very big and comfortable for the price we paid. The room and bathroom were so clean without a speck of dust. Putu was always ready and concerned if we needed any help or guidance to roam around the town during our stay in Ubud. Her hospitaility certainly makes Ubud a better place to be in Bali!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MZoe7

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I wanted to stay at a guesthouse in Bali and have the experience the true balinese b&b (bed and breakfast) hospitality experience. I am 110% glad I did and I cannot recommend Jawi Guesthouse enough. When I return to Bali, I will definitely stay with Jawi once again. Putu (the owner) took me on her scooter whenever I needed a ride within the Ubud center. She was so friendly and helpful. I felt that she truly cared for her customers. I am sad that I only had two nights with her and had to leave. The room was immaculate and everything was brand new (I think the guesthouse is only a year or so old). From the sheets to the furnishing, tiles, and bathroom - they chose the best quality they can get. The location on Monkey Forest was quite nice - just 50 feet or so away from Laughing Buddha, a bar that plays live music and where I found myself at night. The alley to the homestay was well-lit and safe. Such a VALUE and AMAZING experience! Looking forward to my stay again one day. Thank you Putu and Family!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank traveling_jenni
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My 17 year old daughter and I spent 5 days with Putu and Jawi. Their large guest room with ensuite and balcony was wonderful. Our breakfast was always good and beautifully presented by Putu! Everything was clean. The suite was designed carefully and with much thought. There were privacy glass blocks high in the bathroom on two walls that let light in. The colour and choice of bedding, paint and furniture was so well cleverly done. The air con was excellent which is important in the centre of Ubud which is hotter than the surrounding countryside. It was a great central place to stay and explore. The taxi's are reasonable and probably a better bet than renting since the traffic is pretty frenetic. Putu was concerned that our stay was happy, she enjoyed talking with us. She and Jawi were friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them a bit. We would be happy to stay here again. Our favourite aspect of Bali was getting to know people. They are warm, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Putu and her husband have a very nice B&B in a perfect place. It is in the city, but some meters away from the main road. In the night it is quite and for the breakfest I recommend the Pancakes from Putu. The best in Ubud. We´ve stayed here for 6 days and we´ve rented a scooter from her sister. From rice fields it is 10 minutes walk or 3 minutes by scooter. Definitely best place in UBUD.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Jawi House. I was in the smaller of the two rooms, which was plenty spacious for one or two people...it was a great size and the bed was super comfortable. It was immaculately clean, had a lovely bathroom (also immaculately clean), and a small balcony to enjoy breakfast on each morning. There is a small refrigerator (mini bar) in the room as well. The air conditioner made the room nice and cool...and a welcome oasis from the humidity and heat outside. There's plenty of storage, an in room safe, and internet access.

Putu, the owner, is a charming and lovely woman. She makes you feel welcome and at home from the moment you arrive and she serves you your welcome tea. You have a choice of several breakfast items each morning, and Putu is a great cook! Try the pineapple crepes (called pancakes on the menu). Each breakfast is served with fruit that Putu beautifully cuts each morning. She will do everything she can to make sure you have a wonderful stay.

She and her family are involved in the community, and she even has a sarong/pashmina/handicrafts stall at the end of the lane next to the Laughing Buddha Bar...same items and similar prices as the market, with a lot less hassle. Cafe Wayan has great food and is right across the street from the alley, so it's super convenient.

I stayed here for six nights in June, and can't wait to return.

The location is perfect...you can walk everywhere...the main road, the monkey forest, dance performances, the Palace, the market, the Water Palace, the rice field walk...I never had to take a taxi unless I was taking a day trip outside of Ubud.

She also can arrange for a driver to pick you up at the airport. I used that service, it was reasonably priced, and everything went smoothly.

I can't believe how low the cost of this wonderful place is for the value and experience that you get. I am looking forward to my next visit with Putu at Jawi House.

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely...you will have a great stay in either one.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Lovesoul
Punta Gorda, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Beautiful little place, tucked away down a side alley from Monkey Forest Road. Quiet and peaceful, an absolute haven. Found this little gem by accident, and we were glad we did - we wished we could stay longer! The hosts were just wonderful, so kind. And the room was beautiful - large, light and airy and incredibly comfortable. We had a pretty little balcony where you can have breakfast. Great value for money. I would recommend this place 100 times over. We are hoping to return soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

The room was just perfect with the location, cleaniness and high standard. As soon as I saw the room, I knew this was the place for me!

Putu, the hostess is lovely and caring, gave me medicine and took me on scooter ride to different locations.

I didnt want to leave ubud and this sweet guesthouse after knowing the family and ubud.

The place was like a small paradise with lots of space and it felt like newly renovated and I loved the interior and the view from the terrace!

it gets my best appraisals not only for the guesthouse but also for the warm family and services!

• Stayed April 2013