“Disappointed with the tour”

Made Di Bali - Private Driver & Tour Guide
Ranked #135 of 348 Tours in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Bali like you never seen before with Made Pering Sukadana. Secret journey to Bali, Spiritual tour around Bali and Yoga trip. Made Di Bali is based in Ubud Driver and Tour Guide will be very happy to assist you to recover and exploring wonder of Bali and its culture.
Perth, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Disappointed with the tour”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I booked a tour with this company due to the great reviews on this website but unfortunately it did not live up to expectations. I don't think the driver we had was part of Made's team as he said he was a freelance worker and his picture is not on the website of people that work for the company. He was very hard to understand and didn't speak very good English, saying that he usually did tours for Japanese tourists. The car was nice and air conditioned, but unfortunately we could not use the air con much as we had to turn it off every time the driver spoke as we had to strain our ears to make out what he was saying and couldn't have any background noise. He couldn't answer many of our questions because of the language barrier. I had booked this tour months in advanced and had exchanged many emails with Made to create the perfect itinerary and to consider places like where to eat lunch (considering my special dietary requirements). Unfortunately Made had not passed any of this information on and the driver arrived with no idea of where we were going. I showed him the itinerary but he took us to other places that we did not want to go, like to a dance show which was expensive (100 000 rupiah each) and more than we wanted to spend on something we did not ask to see. He took us to other places we had not asked for and didn't tell us until after we entered that we would have to pay on the way out, which was frustrating as I had emailed with Made and got the prices of each place we were stopping so that we could budget accordingly. When he said we would have lunch up on the mountain I had to reshow him the itinerary and say that we were having lunch in Ubud, as pre organised so that there would be something I could eat, and he was annoyed that he would have to drive back into Ubud (if he had of followed the itinerary it would not have been out of the way). At some places he told us we would have to be quick and rushed us, also making me feel bad for wanting to stop at a nice shop I saw, which was annoying as if we hadn't of gone to the places at the beginning of the tour that we did not ask for, we would of had more time to enjoy the places we did want to see. On the good side he took pictures of us at each stop and told us some interesting things, which were good when we could get throughout the language barrier.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Emily W
pering, Owner at Made Di Bali - Private Driver & Tour Guide, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Reading to above review I realized there mush be a mistake it seem that this review was posted on the wrong website, I speak quite well,have my own company, work alone to keep the quality and do not hire other workers, sorry this happened to this lady. if she still around in Bali and if she likes she can contact me ( my phone number is give on my website) and maybe we can find out when thing went wrong.

Regards
Made pering sukadana

Melbourne
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Private driver with good English and knowledge of roads”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Prompt response to email queries and booking. Happy especially when you are organising your trip whilst in Australia. Driver spoke good English and knew the backroads well to avoid the constant traffic jams in Bali. A full day booking is 10 hours for 500,000IDR. Although you can get cheaper driver (around 400,000 IDR) for 12 hours. But they might not be as knowledgeable about the sights, roads or have limited English.

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“An amazing guide”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We hired Made for a day to take us around Bali and he was great! We had a rough itinerary for the day but on the morning we added on Balinese Dance show which was no problem and he even took time out to take us to his lovely house and let us try out some local fruit. He really does make you feel at home and makes the day more enjoyable than just hiring a driver for the day. He is also a good driver which is welcomed in a country where a lot of the driving is pretty erratic! We had a great day out seeing the real Bali and that was down to Made.

Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We found out about Made while doing research for our honeymoon in Bali. From the first email to organize our tour he was so friendly and helpful. We met Made at our hotel in Ubud and he took us on a full day tour around Bali. He was full of information and answered all of our many questions. He also helped us transfer to another hotel in Seminyak for the second part of our trip, showing us a few things on the way. We can highly recommend a tour with Made. This is a great way to learn about Bali!

Visited August 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Showed me the real Bali!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Made is very friendly and safe driver and showed me the real Bali off the beaten track! He can tell a lot about people and culture and is an interesting tour guide not only Driver.