“His service goes beyond being a tour guide!”

Made Di Bali - Private Driver & Tour Guide
Ranked #163 of 392 Tours in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Bali like you never seen before with Made Pering Sukadana. Secret journey to Bali, Spiritual tour around Bali and Yoga trip. Made Di Bali is based in Ubud Driver and Tour Guide will be very happy to assist you to recover and exploring wonder of Bali and its culture.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Made is one of the most wonderful person you could meet in this world. His service as a tour guide/ driver goes beyond that. I went to Bali with my yoga class on a retreat and he showed us such kindness, patience, and a open heart. Wonderful humor and very welcoming. A most genuine soul, taught me a few Balinese words and phrases. He has extensive knowledge of his home and culture, speaks excellent English and is always on time/early to meet us. I couldn't image our trip with any other tour guide/driver. I highly recommend his services, you won't regret it!

1  Thank AnaHernandezTalent

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Made is one of the nicest, sweetest, most informative guide and driver I have ever experienced.
I know Made since 2010. I keep coming back to Bali every year. and every time Im here, Made is always available and willing to explore new things.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Made is, technically speaking, a tour guide and a driver, but in truth he is far more than that. His kindness, smile, laughter, loving nature and deep compassion effortlessly emanate from him. His willingness to share his vast knowledge of the complex spirituality of Bali and her numerous temples is remarkable. His readiness to crack a joke is wonderful. He is a person you would trust your life with in an an emergency, and someone you would be honored to know as a friend. I wholeheartedly recommend his services as tour guide and driver. He also rents out space in his own home for a reasonable fee.

Kyra Kitts, California, USA

1  Thank Kyra K
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My son and I just spent a whole day with Made..what a treat. He was so incredibly knowledgeable and gave us great insight into the cultural of this beautiful country.
He arrived on time with a big smile and as the day went on we appreciated his humour, his kindness and his gentle nature.
He customized our day around the things we wanted to experience. Nothing was too much trouble.
I am a Hospice nurse so was very interested in how the Balinese take care of their dying and of how the funeral rituals they observe.
Made gave me lots of information about this and even took me to a cemetery.
I would totally recommend him and would definitely use him again if I return, which given the beauty of this place is highly likely

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I booked a tour with this company due to the great reviews on this website but unfortunately it did not live up to expectations. I don't think the driver we had was part of Made's team as he said he was a freelance worker and his picture is not on the website of people that work for the company. He was very hard to understand and didn't speak very good English, saying that he usually did tours for Japanese tourists. The car was nice and air conditioned, but unfortunately we could not use the air con much as we had to turn it off every time the driver spoke as we had to strain our ears to make out what he was saying and couldn't have any background noise. He couldn't answer many of our questions because of the language barrier. I had booked this tour months in advanced and had exchanged many emails with Made to create the perfect itinerary and to consider places like where to eat lunch (considering my special dietary requirements). Unfortunately Made had not passed any of this information on and the driver arrived with no idea of where we were going. I showed him the itinerary but he took us to other places that we did not want to go, like to a dance show which was expensive (100 000 rupiah each) and more than we wanted to spend on something we did not ask to see. He took us to other places we had not asked for and didn't tell us until after we entered that we would have to pay on the way out, which was frustrating as I had emailed with Made and got the prices of each place we were stopping so that we could budget accordingly. When he said we would have lunch up on the mountain I had to reshow him the itinerary and say that we were having lunch in Ubud, as pre organised so that there would be something I could eat, and he was annoyed that he would have to drive back into Ubud (if he had of followed the itinerary it would not have been out of the way). At some places he told us we would have to be quick and rushed us, also making me feel bad for wanting to stop at a nice shop I saw, which was annoying as if we hadn't of gone to the places at the beginning of the tour that we did not ask for, we would of had more time to enjoy the places we did want to see. On the good side he took pictures of us at each stop and told us some interesting things, which were good when we could get throughout the language barrier.

1  Thank Emily W
pering, Owner at Made Di Bali - Private Driver & Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Reading to above review I realized there mush be a mistake it seem that this review was posted on the wrong website, I speak quite well,have my own company, work alone to keep the quality and do not hire other workers, sorry this happened to this lady. if she still around in Bali and if she likes she can contact me ( my phone number is give on my website) and maybe we can find out when thing went wrong.

Regards
Made pering sukadana

Been to Made Di Bali - Private Driver & Tour Guide? Share your experiences!