“Geat Place for Real Italien Food”

Spaccanapoli di Ubud
Ranked #262 of 789 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Step into the cozy dining room of Spaccanapoli, and you immediately feel at ease, as the walls are painted in warm tones, comfy cushions adorn the chairs, and magazines and newspapers rest on nearly every table. Grab a seat at one of the wooden tables under black and white photographs of famous Italian actors, and peruse the extensive menu, which features traditional Italian dishes that you won't find in other run-of-the-mill Italian places in Ubud. Got questions? Not to fear-Napoli-born owner Piero and his wife Enung are always on hand to assist or simply engage you in warm and welcoming conversation. The food at Spaccanapoli has its roots in Southern Italian cuisine, so the menu features plenty of handmade pastas, wood-fired pizzas and vibrant dishes with fresh seafood, herbs and vegetables. Start your meal with the light Insalata di Polpo for tender chunks of octopus marinated in olive oil, lemon, parsley and garlic, or sample the Crocchete di Patate, which are crispy and golden on the outside and smooth and creamy with potato, mozzarella and ham on the inside. Once your appetite has been whetted, move on to the Gnocchi a'la Spaccanapoli with bacon, mushroom, zucchini, basil and cream, or the Penne e' Siciliana with fried eggplant, house made tomato sauce and fresh basil. All of the dishes at Spaccanapoli are bursting with flavor, however, their true strength lies in the pizzas, which are made from scratch with fresh ingredients and cooked in an authentic wood-fired pizza oven. Favorites include the Vesuvius with tomato sauce, mozzarella, olives, pepperoni, Napoli chili oil and basil, or the Positano with a white base, mozzarella, provolone, rocket, shaved parmigiano and olive oil. Craving authentic Italian but don't want to go out? Lucky for you, they do delivery too.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

this was one of my best meal ever.This is a really neat place with great atmosphere, diverse menu, great food and friendly service.The owner (Italien) are very friendly. It has a nice decor and it's very clean.The restaurant offering a choice of Italien cuisine. I found the prices to be very fair and not over the top like some restaurants you find in this area.Good wine selection at (unusually for Balli) reasonable prices.I tried many time pasta and pizza ,the taste was really like a Italy.I would like to go again.

4  Thank abc367
Enung, Owner at Spaccanapoli di Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

thank you so much for aprreciate our food and our place...hope see you soon again here..

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were recommended this lovely restaurant from Italian friends who have lived many years in Ubud and we just loved it. We felt like being back in Italy for a couple of hours.... Warm genuine hospitality, delicious pizzas and some really good wine at affordable prices - for Bali at least. Our son rated it 11 out of 10. So, we'll certainly be back and we recommend it to others who need a change from tofu and tempe.

1  Thank Jerry w
Spaccanapoliubud, Owner at Spaccanapoli di Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

thanks so much to be at Spaccanapoli and like our cuisine. we hope see you soon again ...all the best ...regards ...Spaccanapoli di Ubud

Reviewed 21 October 2013

the worst pizza i ever had.We order the 4 cheeses and the primavera.

The first was not an off cooked and try to find the cheese. The second one was better but not off cooked and poor vegetables.

i dont think is that true...only one restaurant review and just here...like the others suspicious review...i know what served here for the clients . thanks y

Reviewed 18 October 2013

well, it's a perfect place and food. really authentic Italian food. I promised to Piero to come to visit him a long time ago. that's why when I have time I decided to extend in Bali before I conduct Java-Bali Overland Tour again. I ordered for Margherita and Gnocchi. I like Italian food and have been eating in some 'real' Italian restaurants. Spaccanapoli di Ubud Ristorante offering different cucina. the genuine taste from Napoli even for the same menu in other Italian restaurants, it's the first time I ate Margherita in very different taste and its performance. molto buonooooooooo!!!!!

1  Thank whenytrulla
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I understand that it is important to be honest and balanced when writing reviews on any business - restaurant or hotel.

I often find that negative reviews are often emotional and can come across as quite personal. I will just rely the facts of my dining experience here.

Walked in at lunch time with my girlfriend and ordered a pizza. Waitress took my order and then came back after 5 minutes to tell me the pizza oven was not hot enough to make a pizza - ok no problem - I ordered some pasta.

My pasts came 10 minutes before my girlfriends. The portion was quite small. it was a zucchini dish that had about 4 pieces of courgette in it.My girlfriends pasta came after I had finished mine and was meant to come with bread- we reminded them of this and them did bring the bread, after my gf had finished her meal!

Good coffee is hard to find in bali but there are places that do it. This is not one of them. I ordered a cappuccino but only took one sip as it had been made using condensed milk. It was not very nice at all.

Sorry for a bad review guys but these are the facts.

2  Thank sirtravellotLondon