“Sint' amme uagliu'”

Ranked #268 of 828 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Step into the cozy dining room of Scappanapoli, and you immediately feel at ease, as the walls are painted in warm tones, comfy cushions adorn the chairs, and magazines and newspapers rest on nearly every table. Grab a seat at one of the wooden tables under black and white photographs of famous Italian actors, and peruse the extensive menu, which features traditional Italian dishes that you won’t find in other run-of-the-mill Italian places in Ubud. Got questions? Not to fear—Napoli-born owner Piero and his wife Enung are always on hand to assist or simply engage you in warm and welcoming conversation. The food at Scappanapoli has its roots in Southern Italian cuisine, so the menu features plenty of handmade pastas, wood-fired pizzas and vibrant dishes with fresh seafood, herbs and vegetables. Start your meal with the light Insalata di Polpo for tender chunks of octopus marinated in olive oil, lemon, parsley and garlic, or sample the Crocchete di Patate, which are crispy and golde
Reviewed 6 December 2013

When in Ubud and are Mee-gorend-out and longing for a real good meal, don't forget to stop at Spaccanapoli di Ubud. Piero and Gung and great hosts and make you feel at home from the get go. The home-made pastas are superb as well as the appetizers and salads. Highly recommended is the Parmigiana di Melanzane and pretty much all the typical neapolitan dishes. Piero is eager to continue the best his hometown traditions with real italian imported ingredients and it shows. Oh, did I mention they make the best pizza in Ubud?
Piero mo' tene pure wi-fi e facebuk.

Enung, Owner at Spaccanapoli di Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

thank you for your kind review, hope see you soon again..ciao

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I never eat Italian food abroad. I am an Italian chef. but at spaccanapoli of ubud I stopped because I saw the wood-fired oven!!! So i tried the pizza!!believe me! in the city where I live (Venice), a pizza so good I've never eaten!try it!
after having tried the pizza came back because I saw that on the menu had the "orecchiette", a typical dish of the country where I was born.this time I was very happy. the prices are very affordable. The owner "Piero" is very welcoming! so if you go to ubud make a pause in spaccanapoli and try the real pleasure of cooking and tradition of Southern Italy

1  Thank Affatati N

thanks for your nice review, and maby next time if you so strong like it try to give us a full response, we need it , beacuse we are new between the few italian restaurant in ubud, so our competitors play so bad at us. thanks lot anyway.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

this was one of my best meal ever.This is a really neat place with great atmosphere, diverse menu, great food and friendly service.The owner (Italien) are very friendly. It has a nice decor and it's very clean.The restaurant offering a choice of Italien cuisine. I found the prices to be very fair and not over the top like some restaurants you find in this area.Good wine selection at (unusually for Balli) reasonable prices.I tried many time pasta and pizza ,the taste was really like a Italy.I would like to go again.

4  Thank abc367

thank you so much for aprreciate our food and our place...hope see you soon again here..

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were recommended this lovely restaurant from Italian friends who have lived many years in Ubud and we just loved it. We felt like being back in Italy for a couple of hours.... Warm genuine hospitality, delicious pizzas and some really good wine at affordable prices - for Bali at least. Our son rated it 11 out of 10. So, we'll certainly be back and we recommend it to others who need a change from tofu and tempe.

1  Thank Jerry w
Spaccanapoliubud, Owner at Spaccanapoli di Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

thanks so much to be at Spaccanapoli and like our cuisine. we hope see you soon again ...all the best ...regards ...Spaccanapoli di Ubud

Reviewed 21 October 2013

the worst pizza i ever had.We order the 4 cheeses and the primavera.

The first was not an off cooked and try to find the cheese. The second one was better but not off cooked and poor vegetables.

i dont think is that true...only one restaurant review and just here...like the others suspicious review...i know what served here for the clients . thanks y