“Magnificent batik made with natural process” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ikatbatik
Ranked #4 of 110 Shopping in Ubud
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Magnificent batik made with natural process”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

When i passed this shop, i couldnt help myself to walk in. For those who loves batik. This place is like a paradise. I feek some kind of euphoria when i was there. I awed by the batik pattern, but when the owner told me the process of how the fabric made, i instantly fell in love and i knew i wont walk out from there with an empthy hands. This store owned by husband and wife who will patiently and happily explain to you about the natural process of the fabric and teach you how to wear the batik.
I cant wait to be back. :)

2 Thank Sarah O

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Still Amazing - Unrivaled Hand Made Ikat and Batik - Location is Wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

So first of all let me say that I have been here twice. In fact, IkatBatik was so amazing, it influenced our decision to return to UBUD and Indonesia from the US. I will go on to describe more about this trip there, but let me just summarize - if you are interested in batik or ikat...there is no other place ON EARTH to go. This is a truly unique place with amazing, hand made, hand-dyed, hand curated items that you won't find anyplace else. The address is wrong on trip advisor, but don't give up, this will be the highlight of your UBUD city visit!

We brought toys for Kadek's family and sat down and played in the store while he told me about all of the amazing new developments in making quality textiles with local artists in their homes. His stuff is getting to be so famous that people are even buying his textiles and then RE-SELLING them in huge tourist districts such as Kuta, etc. I saw a few of his items in Kuta personally.

Kadek and his wife remembered us (in my first review of this place I spelled his name wrong!), such a great personal experience. He invited us back for dinner, and we joined in the store and had a Balinese feast, which his lovely wife prepared for us, together! What an amazing store - it was great to eat in candle-light with his kids, family, and ours and take in all of the textiles. As usual we bought a TON of stuff - it's so thick, high quality - not cheap chinese knock -offs. Completely handmade - it has irregularities in it. I can't say enough about this place. The only thing I need to warn everyone about is that THE ADDRESS IS WRONG ON GOOGLE AND TRIP ADVISOR. It's right down the hill on monkey forest road...almost all the way to the monkey forest. Don't give up when trying to find it...trust me it's worth it! So many people came into the store and said it was their best shopping and educational experience while I was there.

10 Thank hifimaverick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful fabrics and cool story!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The ikat and batiks here are unbelievable. Cool designs and prices are unbelievably low considering they are a fraction of what I have seen tiny pillows priced at in the states. Massive bed coverings and tapestry grade wall items. I bought a throw for our bed and a runner for our table last year that our friends always comment on when they visit. This year I came back and bought placemats, another queen sized bed batik piece for one of our bedrooms and a giant beanbag chair cover. Try one of theirs when you go.... Heaven!! The staff is wonderful, friendly and speak excellent English. Ask them for the story of their products - which are all still made in the traditional handmade, hand dyed, small scale, individual piece manner the Balinese have made it for ages.

4 Thank Tabitha A
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“the only place to buy textiles in ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

we have a villa in ubud and found this shop the best place to buy exquisite but affordable fabrics ,they have a good range of fabrics to use as bed throws , table runners, pillows , and light blankets .. lovely people, part of the price is donated to charity, all products are eco sound and non exploitative , the owner ( male ) was a carver in nearby nyuh kuning and she is a weaver ..
be aware that the tripadvisor map is wrong , this place is situated near the end of monkey forest road , on the left hand side , it has a small sign and a narrow corridor type entrance opening to a spacious showroom , take your time, it will be worth your efforts in finding it ...
enjoy ...

8 Thank blenddesign
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Lovely Batik Gallery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We came across ikat batik after our visit to Monkey forest. The shop is situated at the back of narrow walkway. The moment we entered the walkway the batik cloth were hanging on both side of the place and it was lovely. After that we came to a green garden before we entered the batik gallery. We were amazed by the quality of the fabrics there.The hand made batik were excellent quality. The staff were really good in choosing you the best colour. The price is reasonable for the quality you get. We bought a number of items from there. We love the art gallery. Worth the visit and the buy. Recommended for batik fabrics shopping at Ubud.

Visited April 2014