Bayu Guest House
US$214
US$178
US$139
Agoda.com
All reviewsmonkey forest streetriceour honeymoonramakadekguesthousecintadvdslaneway
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I decided to stay at Bayu Guesthouse on a hunch, because at that time there were only 4 or 5 reviews here on Tripadvisor. The thing is, ALL the reviews were extra-special. So, I realised this was a place tucked away, still undiscovered. Bayu is the best place I've ever stayed in. And this includes all the 5-stars I've stayed in. The room is huge, the bathroom is HUGE. It is spotlessly clean, almost obsessively clean. Towels are changed every day, and sometimes even twice a day! The breakfast was always top class, and the tea was heavenly.

But what makes Bayu really special is the service. When we were away from the room and came back after a while, we always found the room beautifully made up, everything arranged superbly, clothes folded, our charging wires all neatly laid out... My cousin's slippers were broken, and she had just left them in the room. When we came back in the evening, they were fixed! And we didn't even tell them that they were broken. I bought a pack of cigars and had left them lying around in the room. In the evening, there was a lighter kept on the pack of cigars, just in case we needed it!

Kadek was always helpful, lending us her two-wheelers, arranging trips and taxis, giving us unbiased suggestions on what to do, what not to do.

And all this at the most reasonable price ever! WHAT. A. PLACE!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mormondi
Reviewed 14 January 2013

By far this was the best accommodation that I stayed at during my entire Indonesian trip. The room was really clean and spacious and was set up like a 5 star hotel with everything that we needed, down to the bathrobes. The bathtub was massive and easily fit 2 people, the water pressure and temperatures worked perfectly. The breakfast was lovely, pancakes on the first morning and fresh fruit and toast and eggs on the second. We also had our laundry done there and we received every piece back washed and folded. The family was really nice and helped us in every way that they could including arranging tickets to a traditional show and a driver to take us back to Kuta at a reasonable price, I really appreciated their kindness and their hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank italiarose
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Everything about Bayu Guesthouse was wonderful. There is nothing that could be improved upon. The room was amazing, the setting picturesque, and the staff extremely helpful. This was easily the best place we visited during our trip.

The Bayu Guesthouse is down a side alley, and we had trouble finding it (it has a very small sign). Look out for Cinta (pronounced Chinta) Grill on the main street; Bayu Guesthouse is behind it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This was by far the best hotel I've chosen to stay during my 2 week-stay in Bali in the last half of december. Not only is this place gorgeous (the cheapest room felt and looked like a honeymoon suite!), this family-run guesthouse makes you feel like a part of its family as soon as you enter its beautiful door-way. I will always remember how amazingly pleasant and friendly they were. My room faced the rice fields, and it had been a bliss falling asleep at the chorus of frog-songs and waking up to a symphony of birds, cicadas, crickets and distant roosters. On top of it all, this place is but a few minutes walk away from the famed Monkey Forest. I highly recommend this place for travelers of all types, especially couples! Very romantic spot, even though I traveled alone during my stay :) The only downside I can think of is the sub-par wi-fi connection. But why would you let a thing like that bother you in Bali? :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed here only for one night but we had the most wonderful time sipping tea while watching the ducks in the rice fields. A really nicely done property that also has a traditional Balinese temple in the complex.
Kadek goes all out to ensure that your stay is comfortable - keep an eye out for her artwork - yes, she does fabulous cushions and couches and exports them all over.
Highly recommended. Although finding it may be a little difficult as it is located inside a tiny little lane next to the Cinta Grill restaurant.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple