“We miss this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bayu Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bayu Guest House
Ranked #82 of 529 Ubud B&B and Inns
“We miss this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We were staying in Bayu room and Rama room for 6nights in April 2013, it was a wonderful stay and felt so much like home, we could easily spend 2 hrs for breakfast at the upstairs terrace and enjoy the surrounding, so relax until we didn't feel like going out sometimes, the minibar item is abt the same price as convinient store, we dropped our laundry in the basket in the morning, it's clean and folded on the bed when came back at the evening. Ibu Kadek and her team are so wonderful in giving us the best that they could. We will come back to Bali just to stay in this wonderful place again.

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This stunning guesthouse is perfectly located on monkey forest road with numerous great restaurants (cafe wayan is a must) and spas (kayma spa) within walking distance.
The common areas and grounds are beautiful and very well maintained.
We stayed in the bayu room - the bedroom was very large and clean, with a king size bed and good quality linen. Room is well apponted with a coffee/tea station, DVD player and dvds and a functioning aircon unit. While the bedroom was great the bathroom left a lot to be desired. While large enough we found the cleanliness to be well below par. The toilet and jacuzzi/shower were very badly stained and the grouting around the jacuzzi was severely discoloured. There was also a terrible stuffy odour in the bathroom which could be due to the open drain in the floor which was fed by effluent from the sink. We communicated this to Kadek the owner and she was very polite and understanding, promising to attempt to try stronger cleaning chemicals. She even advised that if we were unhappy we could find alternate accommodation without any penalty fee! The next day she managed to clean the toilet and promised to address the other areas of the bathroom upon our checkout.
In terms of breakfast there is a set daily menu of fruit, main and coffee/tea. Unfortunately if you are not happy with the main meal, the only option is toast.
On the whole we had a very pleasant stay at bayu guesthouse which offers good value for money. Kadek is a fantastic host and all her staff are very helpful. If it weren't for the state of the bathroom in our room and lack of breakfast options, I would have rated the establishment 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed in the Rama Room for 6 nights. It was a pleasant stay. The breakfast each day was delicious - Good serving of fruits too. Kadek and the people who stayed with her are very friendly and helpful. The Wifi, Bathroom, A/C, DVDs are all good. Good about staying in a guest house is that you get to do things in a flexible way - You can plan your breakfast time, book driver etc. The room service is excellent, the room is well-serviced 2 times a day and things are neatly arranged in the room. Kadek's cousin is nice too and we hired him to be our driver around Bali. Rama room has a balcony that oversee the paddi fields and it was a good day to start having breakfast with the view of the field, if you are lucky, you may see chickens running around the green paddi. The guest house is situated at the end of a quiet lane but safe. For yogis: I did Yoga classes at Yoga Barn and it was a 15 - 20 minutes walk from Bayu to there. I like walking, so it is okay for me. If you rent a bike, it will be definetly faster - say 5 minutes? There are lots of nice cafes / restaurant around there such as Cafe Wayan, Juice Ja Cafe, Bali Buddha, Three Monkeys, Dirty Duck - all within walking distance. 5-20 minutes walk at most. Naughty Nuri's BBQ pork ribs are abit further but Kadek is nice and give us free bike rides to there. It was a 10 minutes ride. Jaens Spa is also nearby, free transport within Ubud if you are considering a massage. If I am coming Ubud again, I will definetely be a return customer to Bayu guest house.

Room Tip: Choose Rama room if it is a couple / solo trip. Paddi Rice Field view here in this room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tangotan7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at this great guesthouse. The rooms are spaceious and clean. They decorate your bed with towels and flowers every day. The room had AC but was very loud. That didnt realy bother us as we just used it a half an hour before sleep. The bathroom is big and rather clean. The bathtub / shower comby could use a replace. A normal shower in stone would be great. Breakfast changes every day, but besides thea or coffee there is no choice. (Altough I think if you ask they might try their best to suit your needs) Wifi is available in the room and on the rooftop terrace. The family was very helpfull and friendly. Also we liked the location, in the middle of Jl. Monkey forrest at the end of an ally. Very peacfull there. I would reccomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

One of the many good things about this guesthouse is the location! Perfect as it is located right smacked in the center of Ubud, just a walking distance from the Monkey Sanctuary and on the opposite side is the Ubud Palace.
The Rama room where I stayed has the view of the ricefields. Its clean, airy, bright and with very comfortable beddings. The sorroundings is very peaceful, since its a guesthouse you are actually living with a Balinese family, Kadek the owner is a very kind and pleasant host.
I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I am a student and i went to bali for a short trip with my friends. We stayed in Bayu Guest House for two nights and it was simply fine and nice. We traveled in four people so we booked Rama ad Sita rooms.
My friend and I stayed in Sita room while my another two friends stayed in Rama room.
It was quite sad because during the time we traveled, they just harvested the paddy field.
So we got no paddy field to view for. But in the morning, we saw bebek on the harvested paddy field and we feel excited over it. Maybe it is due to we are kids from the city.

bayu Guest house kadek is very friendly and nice.
The breakfast prepared is simple and freshly prepared.

We went out in the morning and came back at night, so i was unsure about the noisy kid that mentioned by other people.

For the toilet in Sita room, it was big and clean.

I love the bed of the room as it was big and comfortable.

so basically, i think it worth for the money we paid.

Will definitely go there again when i visit bali again....
=D

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The place is small and presentable with I think 4 guest rooms. My room was the sita room. I felt the aircon was not big enough for the gigantic room. It took a very long time to cool the room and the aircon itself was very noisy. My room also had a very terrible wifi signal. I basically had to get out of my room and go upstairs to get a signal. The bathroom was nice with a bath tub but the bath tub was old and had lots of the "scaly" stains on it. If they could either replace or clean up this, it would be great.

So with all these complains, I was quite unhappy and wanted to give a low rating, but then I thought about how much I paid. It is super cheap! It includes breakfast and the owners are extremely friendly.

So this is why I am giving the excellent rating. Simpl because for the price paid, this is better than expected. :)

Room Tip: I think the other rooms looked much better than mine. Mine was the Sita room, so maybe choose other...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends