“Hidden Wonder in the Center of Ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bayu Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bayu Guest House
Ranked #80 of 523 Ubud B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Hidden Wonder in the Center of Ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I originally booked a 2 night stay at the Bayu Guest House, but was so enchanted by every aspect of this place - the huge, comfortable room overlooking the rice fields, the central (yet quiet!) location, the warm, impeccable service - that I decided to stay a third night. And, if you need a pickup at the airport or a driver for the day, her cousin will take you wherever you want to go. The charming Kerak and her staff run a five-star guest house at one-star prices, which I would highly recommend for anyone staying in Ubud.

Room Tip: Ask for the Bayu Room if it's available: second floor overlooking the rice fields, with an adjac...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was in Bayu guesthouse from 24th Mar - 29th Mar 2014 and i've to say everything exceeded way out of expectations. I was really shocked by the room standard and the surrounding of the guesthouse has to offer. With the price they are charging, it is totally the best-value stay i had ever stayed.

I was in Rama room during my stay. Spacious space and a very picturesque padi field view right outside. Room is constantly kept clean and tidy which is really nice action of them..

Breakfast was really good too with daily change to the menu.. simple and filling.
Something i really like is that they don't overcharged their beverages offered in the pantry. It is the same price you get from the supermart which is very sweet of them to provide such service.

Kadek is really helpful and sweet too.. attending to most of the requests and all. Very nice lady whom you will feel very comfortable and easy to be with. Kadek's cousin - Kadek who is the driver is very accomodative too, providing pick up to places upon request and charges reasonably.

I really enjoyed my stay in Bayu and certainly i will plan to re-visit Bayu again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were so lucky to have the rice field view. The family who own this homestay are so friendly, helpful and lovely. They organised tours around Bali for us, at very good prices. Breakfast was lovely and different each day. Laundry was easy and fairly priced. Lots of food options in the room and again, fairly priced. Would recommend to everyone! Thank you so much! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BenjaminBreeg
Calangute, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed in the Rama room , which has a view of the Small rice fields present there. The rooms are clean, quite spacious, & also the bathrooms are big . Only negative is the shower area was too small & the bathroom had slight unpleasant smell. But the overall experience was great. The location is super, it is located in a quite alley just on the main happening Monkey Forest road. So you have a wide variety of restaurants to choose from just as you walk out & at the same time it is peaceful since it is located inside. PERFECT.
The breakfast was great, simple but tasty & well presented . Also the dishes change everyday .
Great Value overall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yograjt
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed in Rama room overlooking rice paddies which was very peaceful. The room was cleaned and towels replaced daily. There is also a selection of dvds for rainy Ubud afternoons. Location is very central, set back off the main road of Jl Monkey Forest so not too noisy but still very close to lots of good restaurants and shops. Kadek and her family are great hosts - she even drove me to the medical centre after I was bitten by a monkey in the Sacred Monkey Forest (watch out, the macaques there can be very aggressive!). She was not able to accommodate me for all the nights I requested as a last minute booking and so she arranged for me to stay at a neighbouring guesthouse for the remaining nights which was very helpful and much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed in this wonderful guest house for 2 days before Christmas. We usually stay in 5* hotels but thought we would try this little guest house as it had great reviews. We were not disappointed. The owners are very welcoming and accommodating, the staff diligent, helpful, friendly and detail orientated. The service and extras are on par with a 5* hotel and the place is decorated to very high standards and in a lovely location.

If any improvements could be made it would be to the breakfast which was tasty, filling but basic. I will definitely come back again…

Room Tip: Hard to choose - all different but good. The upstairs room had a nice Jacuzzi. The downstairs roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I would have preferred a more remote location in Ubud, but unfortunately didn't know before I booked this place. It is located in an alley in one of the busiest streets in Ubud. It was far away enough that it was quiet, but it was not far enough. The street was loud, crowded, dirty..again wish I knew this about Ubud before I went.

The place itself had a very nice view of rice paddies. The breakfast was limited but I really enjoyed sitting in the patio, it was so peaceful. I really liked the little temple/offering area in the complex. We were on the 2nd floor and the room was very large and clean. Comfortable bed and tv/dvd player to watch movies at night.

The bathroom, however, kind of smelled like sewage, and it took me 2 days to figure out it was coming from the fan..if you don't turn the fan on it smells okay. I really thought it was coming from the drains. They were very nice about it and gave us some incense but it really was unpleasant. Also the bathroom faces the eating area so you have to keep the shade down.

Overall..wouldn't stay here again, but I don't think I would recommend going to Ubud anyway. We ended up leaving a day early since it wasn't what we expected

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple