“Everything and More”
other travellers have booked this property
Main Lounge - tropical living Bale area - poolside
Bedroom - #3- queen bed and large balcony
En suite Bathroom with Goddess statue shower
New bathroom - added February 2015
Main Lounge Day Bed
Yoga platform - designed to catch the breezes
Magical atmospere at Villa Damee at night
Large pool - ideal for lap swimming
Water feature entrance to Villa Damee
Pool and Day Bed Platform area for relaxing
Local rural scene
Local temple dancing - 3 minutes from the Villa
Ducks in the rice field
Waterfall - 15 mins from villa  at Gunung Kawi Temple
Rice Fields and walking in the village is a true delight
Rice fields - 15 mins from villa
7 mins from the villa - The Pakerisan River .  Fishing trips organised from the villa.
Ubud is surrounded by mountains - this is Mt Agung -  Pejeng Village
Our lovely staff- Kadek, Wayan, Yanik
The Villa Damee Team receiving their Certif of Excellence - 5 Stars
Village Ducks in Pejeng
Beautiful Balinese Artwork
Local Pejeng temple ceremony
Munduk Waterfall - a day trip from Villa Damee
Local Village School - English Teaching Programme Volunteer -  Assist the teacher
Mt Agung, Pejeng Village, Villa Damee
Villa staff - Nuoman, Wayan, Yanik
Ubud Ricefield Walk - Campuhan Ridge Walk located in central Ubud at old bridge
Local village activities - making the Penjors for festival celebration
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Wendy F
Sarasota, Florida
“Everything and More”
Reviewed 18 July 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Villa Damee is all it is written up to be .... and more. Close to ancient temples and archeological sites, beautiful nature walks along the river, room to spread out, and a very friendly and accommodating staff. The bustling village of Ubud is not far from this home in the countryside....you get the best of both worlds.

17 Oct 2017
Thank you Wendy for your lovely review. See you next time
Claudio D
“A corner of paradise”
Reviewed 3 March 2017 for a stay in July 2015

I stopped for a few days at Villa Damee during my visit to Bali. A taxi picked me up at the airport and drove me straight to this amazing resort in the heart of the island. Entering the villa you get immediately the feeling that you're living your problems behind. The place has a special energy, it's extremely relaxing and with a very friendly atmosphere. I spent 3 nights there, enjoying all the facilities that the Villa offers including swimming pool and a massage.
The room where I stayed had a beautiful view over the pool on one side and over fields on the other. The service was some of the kindest I've ever experienced. I can only recommend this oasis of peace and relaxation to anyone interested in having an authentic and comfortable Bali experience.

7 Mar 2017
Thank you for staying with us. The villa does have a very peaceful and relaxing energy - many people comment on this. Its a truly tropical and rejuvenating Bali stay. Your lovely comments about the staff will be passed on to Wayan and the team. They are all so kind and hospitable and its always the people that make the place. Please come back and stay again. Stephanie.
Richo N
“Ubud's Villa hidden gem”
Reviewed 20 January 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Just outside of Ubud (around a 15 min drive from Ubud Square) is this hidden gem! If you are in search of peace, quiet, tranquility and avoiding all the hustle and bustle of some of Bali's more "tourists-friendly" places like Kuta or Seminyak, then this is the place for you and your family! Highly recommend it if you are planning on going with a big group of people or with your family. The staff were very welcoming and hospitable, the facilities (pool, lounge area, rooms, rooftop massage area, dining table area, koi pond, etc. are very well maintained and clean, and lastly, STRONG WIFI CONNECTION (first world problems, I know) but this is extremely crucial if you have work to do over the holidays sending emails and whatnot in the middle of the kampung (village). There are a lot of activities to do in Ubud so please plan your days accordingly or you'll run out of time!

Transportation is quiet difficult (if you are ordering an Uber or taxi) it may take a while. So I would suggest renting a bicycle or motorbike to cruise around the area. The food served at the villa is not great, more prepared for a Westerner's tongue and the only real complaint I have is that I didn't stay longer. Will definitely pay Villa Damee a visit sometime in the near future!

Your age range 25-34
20 Jan 2017
Thanks for your review. Yes, please come back and stay longer. We have so many wonderful village activities around us especially if you like to visit remote temples, stop and have coffee at Wayans house and meet Grandma and make coconut oil together. A very cultural stay with many bells and whistles. See you again . We look forward to it.

Paula S
“The perfect family Villa.”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Villa Damee was the perfect place for my family holiday. A total of 10 of us stayed at the villa and it was the best holiday of my life!
We had 4 adults and 6 kids staying and nothing was too much trouble! From the fresh juice on arrival (it was about 2am Aus time when we arrived) to the surprise traditional dance show, everything was incredible! I really miss the fresh fruit every morning.
Wayan our host was so amazing! She organised everything for us and nothing was too much trouble. She had some lovely ladies come to the villa to braid our girls hair so we didn't have to sit in a shop for hours! She also organised for two of the most gorgeous little girls to come and perform a traditional dance for us, they even taught our kids a few moves. The shuttle driver Ketut became our tour guide, he was amazing! We ended up hiring Ketut to drive us every day of our stay. He always made sure we were comfortable and he helped us find some hidden gems! A highlight was visiting the local school, it was so good for our kids to learn about another culture.
On our last night we invited all the staff including Ketut and his family to join us for a pizza night! It was so much fun! With no oven to use we improvised and ended up cooking the pizzas on the stovetop. It was hilarious and so nice for our kids to get to know kids from a different culture. Wayan says hopefully next time we visit there will be a wood fired pizza oven.
There will definitely be a next time! The villa is beautiful and so very comfortable, we had a week booked in Kuta after our stay in Ubud, after just one day in Kuta we all wanted to go back to Villa Damee. I'm already saving to go back!
Thank you to everyone involved in our holiday, It really was the perfect holiday!

Your age range 35-49
3 Jan 2017
Hello and thank you for the great feedback. We have indeed ordered our pizza oven - so do come back for that. So happy to got to see all the cultural things around the villa. Bali is nature, culture, relaxation - but its the Balinese people that make it special and I am glad to hear you are saving to come back. Kuta sounds a bit lacking. Ubud has it all, as you said. Thanks again for wonderful feedback.
Onwer.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect Bali experience ”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Our family of 8 stayed at Villa Damee for 3 nights. The Villa was perfect for our needs, Wayan, Nyoman and the staff were so friendly and courteous. We had a wonderful immersion experience with the Balinese culture. The highlights of our trip were once in a lifetime experience of attending a ceremony with the entire village (happens once in 30 years!), walks to the village, visiting with Wayan and her family. We highly recommend a stay at Villa Damee.

3 Jan 2017
Thank you for your lovely comments. Yes, the cultural immersion is wonderful and being in the heart of a village, a little out of Ubud allows for this. Please stay with us again.

Rongrong...
“Amazing villa with great caring staff onsite”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We just came back from our Bali vacation, we had two families to share this beautiful villa. I was so glad I made the right decision for picking Villa Damee, their onsite staff is very kind and willing to help you in anyway. Staff could even pick up your laundry everyday at super cheap price. People in general in Bali are super nice and feel welcomed.

3 Jan 2017
Thank you for staying with us. We really enjoyed hosting your family and yes, indeed, we charge local prices for all incidentals like laundry and meals in the villa and excursions. Please stay again with us.
Lina K
“A peace place to rest”
Reviewed 28 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I was staying at villa Damee for a week and I enjoyed it very much. I was sleeping in a nice and comfortable room on the second floor which the door directly open to a wide area for meditation in the morning (it used to use for yoga or massage). I enjoy my time to think and read on that place. The fresh breeze bring peaceful and calm feeling as the name of the villa, Damee means peace.
The cook was great, we ate very tasty food, cooked by a Balinese cook. I love the pumpkin sauce, very delicious and the fried rice was very yummy :)
My favorite is the pool, the water comes from the spring and you can drink the water while you swim, no chemical. I can spend hours to swim there.
Don't worry about transportation, you can rent a scooter, 50 thousands rupiahs (about 5 dollars) a day and the route is not difficult, you can find public places and main road easily, once I go out from the villa I just back without lost (while in my own hometown route is my big problem).
Well if you want to rest in a typically village places with a nice service, I recommend you to come to villa Damee.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
28 Nov 2016
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the beautiful natural spring fed swimming pool and the ease of getting into Ubud. Our cook is fabulous and I glad you got to try the food. We would love to have you back again. Stephanie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing