“very good value and nice restaurant”
Review of Alaya Resort Ubud

Alaya Resort Ubud
Ranked #44 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Berlin, Germany
“very good value and nice restaurant”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

this hotel ist just what we expected from the website. we felt very relaxed and the reastaurant had a really modern and nice design, so was the food.

- nice modern design
- very spacious rooms
- lovely ricefield view
- very good breakfast
- professional staff
- free shuttle to ubud area

the area was a bit away from the hustle (near arma museum) but still central and everything was in easy reach especially wiht the free shuttle service

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vanessa w
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Vanessa W,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Alaya Ubud is perfect for guests looking to experience the village of Ubud and all of its attributes, because it is within easy walking distance to the Monkey Forrest. People can opt to enjoy Ubud’s vibrant area or simply relax in our secluded area and surrounded by lush paddy fields.
Appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud.

Alaya Resort Ubud Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is an unqualified recommendation!
Great location. The quieter junction of Hanoman Street and Monkey Forest Road.
Great resort with hotel style accomodation but still retains an essence of integration into the prettier aspects of Ubud.. Every room looks out onto a rice field. We stayed in the Alaya Room with a stone bathtub and we had a private terrace.The beds are so comfy too.. We sure enjoyed our slumber.
A large hotel that feels intimate and homely.
Excellent helpful staff. Every staff member seemed to be an Ubud local and exhibited great knowledge about Ubud.
Petani Restaurant is located next to the lobby and is most convenient and a great hub. Chef Made Siharta created new twists on the local dishes. We enjoyed each and every one of his many delights with amazing views of the lush rice fields. How romantic. The fabulous La Marzocco coffee machine makes the best coffee we found in Bali.
The inclusive Breakfast and Afternoon Tea makes this amazing value.
The pool was lovely with the outdoor day beds, bar area and attendant.
We treated ourselves several times to the DaLa Spa, which is located at the far end of the Alaya. It is a most calm, very spacious and relaxing area. The DaLa Spa offers a diverse range of treatments for both Men and Women. The spa treatment rooms are beautifully presented and extremely clean with A++ hygiene with wonderful products. The welcome jamu drink sure went down well as did the yummy hot tea and ginger biscuits after treatments. A divine experience.
We are already planning our trip back to the Alaya Resort.
For those planning a trip to Ubud we thoroughly recommend The Alaya Resort.

2 Thank honeybougie
Dear Honeybougey,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We can’t thank you enough for your abundant praises, reviews like this are what make our effort worth while.
All our property facilities, including Petani and DaLa Spa was designed to take the experience of staying in the heart of Ubud to the next level, nestled in a serene setting yet still connected to the surrounding environment. Each details has been designed to create a memorable journey for each guest, from our delicious cuisine, rejuvenating spa treatment, and staff hospitality.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud and hope your next visit will be just as memorable as this one.

Paris
Reviewed 18 May 2013

... and then prices will most likely increase! What we had for what we were charged was just amazing value for money, no doubt it won't last.

Frankly, this is as great as a central hotel can be. You may want to pay more in a different hotel to get, say, a private swimming pool, but then you would not be centrally located.

The rooms are perfect, with amazing views towards rice paddies. We had a room with shower (no bath tub) and it was just beautiful. Our room was quite at the back, so perfectly quiet.

Service is just perfect. My wife was sick and the guys were wonderful to help me to get the right medicines, driving me in shuttle first, then by scooter, to the large chemist and then to the loca hospital. All for free, and the guy seemed honestly surprised I tipped him. Service in general was just flawless.

Nice swimming pool in front of the rice paddies.

The hotel is 5-10 min walk away from the Monkey Forest, 15 min walk away from Ubud Palace and Ubud Market, and right next to the popular Yoga Barn.

Dear Olivier_Reiz,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are genuinely pleased that you experienced our warm hospitality.
We strive to set ourselves apart from other boutique hotels in Ubud in terms of our great location, right in the midst of Ubud’s bustling scenery, yet still maintain the option of seclusion and relaxation which Ubud is famous, for each of our guest. All our staff services come from the heart, as they consider and treat each guest like a member of their own large family. The wellbeing and satisfaction of each guest is our priority.
Much appreciate for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud on your next visit to Bali.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I adored everything about my 5 night stay at the Alaya. I arrived mid afternoon having had a 2 night stay in Seminyak that was mediocre.
From the moment my driver pulled up in the driveway at the Alaya, I knew I was in for something special. The reception area is spacious and completely open from the street .... there are no doors! The lovely cafe/restaurant sits alongside reception so it is all one big open space.
The check-in process was seamless. A wonderful warm greeting, a refreshing tasty mocktail presented and a cool towel. After an easy check-in, I was taken to my room and given a full-tour of the room features and how everything works by a wonderful staff member.
My room was on the ground level and my spacious undercover patio, complete with ceiling fan, included a table and chairs and a day bed! One morning I got up at 5.30am to lay on the daybed to watch the sunrise ... just beautiful!
The room overlooked rice paddies and ducks and was just gorgeous.
My room was an Alaya Room and did not have the bathtub that other reviewers have mentioned that features in the Deluxe room type, but this was not missed. My room was just perfect. It was very spacious and the bed was huge, incredibly comfortable and beautifully appointed. The bathroom is all open ... a basin within the room next to a large rainfall shower. The toilet sits behind a matt-glass door.
Large flat screen TV sits on the wall in front of the bed, and above a large built in desk. The addition of a chair within the room, at the desk, would have been a great addition - but that is the only thing that was missing.
I was told the bar fridge is set to only keep drinks cool - not cold.
Breakfast and afternoon tea were included in my package and both were fantastic. The breakfast is a la carte as opposed to a buffet, which was a welcome change from what most hotels of this class are offering. There were plenty of options as well as three choices of set menu breakfasts - all massive servings. The italian style coffee was great.
I loved the pool area and spent quite a few hours during my stay lounging by the pool. There is a bar and staff member there at all times so drinks and food can be ordered and delivered to your lounge. I did note that umbrellas were not there which if the weather had been really hot, an umbrella for some sun protection would have been required.
The day spa is located at the back of the property and is one of the highlights. Although not cheap (not Bali prices ... but certainly not Australian prices either) I visited the spa twice .. once for a complimentary one hour Balinese massage that was included in my package that I had on my second day and was just wonderful. My second visit was on my last day after I had checked out and before I flew back to Sydney. I booked in for the 4 hour package which included a lunch or dinner at the spa restaurant. Beautiful tables and chairs are set up overlooking the lush surrounds and the YogaBarn next door. The three course food was light and delicious and the spa treatments were out of this world. After a total of 5 hours at the spa ... I floated out of there feeling amazing!
The location of the hotel is fantastic. Although on quite a busy street ... you would never know once you pass the restaurant and head to your room. So tranquil and quiet. It was easy to walk everywhere and lots of great restaurants nearby, as well as a big supermarket.
One of other great features of the hotel is the complimentary driver and car available to take guests to local spots around Ubud. I used this service twice - once to get to the Palace for a dance performance and another time to take me to a place just outside Ubud (a restaurant I wanted to go to called Fly Cafe) which I was told would be a charge of as it was outside of Ubud. This only cost 50,000rp each way which I was more than happy to pay. When I was finished at the restaurant, I called the hotel and the driver came to collect me. Couldn't ask for more!
The staff at this hotel are wonderful. So friendly and professional and made me feel so welcome. I loved that they all seem to remember my name and I was often greeted by name every time they saw me.
This was my first time to Ubud, my first time to Bali actually, and I will never forget my stay at the Alaya. I highly recommend this hotel and I am already planning my return for a holiday next year where I will most definitely return to the Alaya.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LeeLahLah
Dear LeeLahLah,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We can’t thank you enough for your unending praises, comments like this are what we are constantly aiming to receive from every guest that stay with us.
Alaya Ubud simply seeks to offer the complete Ubud experience, starting from the time the guest enters our lobby, and throughout their stay with us, until leaving. all the minute details in our property are designed to bring together an journey to be remembered away from home, not just merely staying in a hotel room. Our ideal location, helpful staff and the complete property facilities is what we hope can put Alaya Ubud on the map of best hotels in Bali.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud on your next visit to Bali.

Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The Alaya is a new hotel that recently opened. It has an open style lobby and restaurant. Though it is at a busy street once you are "inside" it feels quiet. Behind the lobby and restaurant starts the long row of three floors of hotel rooms. Ours featured a big round bath tub next to a large shower. The room also had a balcony facing the (small) pool and a rice field. Room and bath area where one, no separate bath area, toilet is closed of by a matted glass door. Room has a large flat screen tv and you can get a DVD player installed (first come first serve base). Movies you get from reception you can choose from thirty titles or so.
Reception is fast and efficient in arranging anything you ask. We had breakfast included, you choose from a menu and you get quite a lot. Hotel is close to a lot of the attractions in Ubud, we walked almost everywhere.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louwarnoud
Dear Louwarnoud,
Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad you had a great experience staying with us.
As many of your guests have shared, Alaya Ubud is perfectly located to combine the experience the village of Ubud with all of its vibrant shopping, art and health environment, because it is within easy walking distance to the Monkey Forrest. While maintaining a secluded and private setting for guest who simply want to sit back and relax while enjoying the green scenery and fresh air.
Thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud.

sydney
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Words cannot describe this hotel. You must experience for yourself.
It was the first place we looked at in Ubud before looking at other hotels, we finally decided on Alaya it turned out to be gold.
From the moment we stepped off the plane and into the heat, Alaya looked after us. We were met by the very friendly Janik our driver with cool refreshing towels and water. We paid and prearranged for a driver. We recommend you do this as it makes it a very easy transfer to the hotel.
Upon arrival till the moment we left the service from everyone was fantastic. All so friendly, caring and extremely attentive.
The pool was great! We loved our room, the view across the rice paddy and pool was very pleasant and peaceful. The fan on our verandah was refreshing. It was nice to be able to open the doors and have a breeze. The airconditioning works very well too. The room was large and the bath shower area was very pretty. Our bed was extremely comfortable and large.
Mosquitoes were not really an issue.
The complimentary breakfast each morning was great, as was the afternoon tea. All meals we ate at the restaurant were delicious. The service was always friendly and excellent, no request was to much trouble.
The location is excellent, in the middle of Ubud town. It is a short walk to the Monkey Forest , shops and supermarket. Although on a busy street, when you enter Alaya and are in your room it is very quiet.
We will certainly stay here again it was a wonderful experience. We are now staying in Seminnyak, although nice we are already missing Alaya and Ubud.
Our only regret is we did not finish our stay in UBud and Alaya.

Room Tip: We requested a room at the back on the top floor I think a deluxe suite. Quiet and close to pool. Go...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Debbie I,
Your heaps of praise are the best reward for our efforts and attention to details for each guest stay. We strive to serve the best and customize our services according to each guest personal needs, from the moment they arrive in Bali until leaving. Alaya Ubud prides itself as an exclusive boutique located right in heart of Ubud, close to all the shopping and cultural activity, yet still maintain a sense of seclusion.
We truly appreciate your compliments and looking forward to welcoming you again to Alaya Ubud on your next visit to Bali.

El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This hotel opened the first part of 2013. The rooms are nice, the staff is attentive and there is free shuttle service around Ubud. We stayed there two nights and enjoyed the ease of moving in and out of this location. Highly recommend it

Room Tip: The room we had was right over the pool, good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Gaspusher,
Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our staff’s hospitality.
Being a new hotel in Ubud, we strive become an icon of boutique hotel, with the ideal location right in middle of Ubud, yet secluded enough to enjoy the lush green scenery if you prefer a hide-away holiday.
We truly value your praise and looking forward to welcoming you again to Alaya Ubud on your next visit to Bali.