Alaya Resort Ubud
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,240 results
All reviewsdala spayoga barnpetani restaurantmonkey forestriceafternoon teabeautiful hotelyogurta la carte breakfastrain showerthe ground floorlocation was perfectrooms are spaciouspaddy fieldsdeluxe roomour honeymoonthe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I traveled with my 7-year girl and stayed at Alaya for 5 days. We both love it and feel very safe and welcome as women travelers.
The location of the hotel is superb, eg. a nice 5-min walk to the Sacred Monkey Forest, 1-min to "Yoga Barn", and plenty of shops and restaurants close by.
For me, the best part of the day is its SPA center, world-class luxury! It is relatively expensive, but you get a nice discount after the 1st treatment. It is totally worthy it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lakes_mama
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Lakes_mama,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. We are located in the central of Ubud with paddy field view from each room; an award winning DaLa Spa perfectly designed for the guest to enjoy the true Balinese relaxation with the menu inspired by age-old Indonesian healing and beauty rituals.
Once again thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

At the Alaya you will find yourself both in the center of Ubud, in walking distance from all the great sites, and in a tranquil retreat. Cleverly designed the Alaya furnishes its guests views and character of the countryside, while giving them access to the main street of Ubud. Ducks wander through rice fields followed by the farmer as you watch from your balcony and when the sun sets the mountain ranges are dark against the sky.but as soon as you feel like it you can be among the markets and the fascinating side streets enjoying a lively time.
The Alaya staff are courteous, their menu so reasonable for a hotel and their overall attention to detail makes them a highly recommended place to stay.

Room Tip: Room s at the far end of the hotel have the best views, though all views are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kaytype

Dear kaytype,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had a lovely experience during your stay with us. Alaya welcoming all the guests with personalized services and complete facilities from each side, all the rooms overlooking to the paddy field with private balcony and our details decoration from the room to public area made for the guest convenience during stay at Alaya Ubud.
We value your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at Alaya for two and a half weeks and had a wonderful time there. It took a couple of days to adjust to the noise levels, especially at the front of the hotel on JL Hanoman, but my spacious room was quite a long way back and much quieter, overlooking the lovely pool and rice field beyond. The standards in all areas of the hotel were consistently maintained and what really stood out for me were the staff who were exceptionally warm, helpful and friendly. Most of them knew my name and I was welcomed back to the hotel after I'd been out which was lovely. At my request, I learned a little Indonesian each day at breakfast, and the location was perfect - for doing yoga at the Yoga Barn which was virtually next door and Radiantly Alive, another yoga studio about 20 mins walk away - and for all the main cafes and shops in the centre of Ubud. The hotel shuttle wasn't always available for longer trips and it would have been good if they could have offered a freelance driver as an alternative - the regular taxis were OK but not great. The food was good quality although more vegetarian options would have suited me but overall this is an excellent hotel with high standards in a good location in central Ubud that I would be happy to recommend.

Room Tip: The hotel stretches back away from the road so the rooms at the front are likely to be more noisy than those at the back. Mine was about 2/3 of the way along and I didn't hear much noise from the road although be prepared for music from the Yoga Barn on Fri night (doesn't to on too late) and Sunday lunchtime!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Julia101_10

Dear Julia101_10,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. Alaya located in a vibrant area filled with specialty shops, art galleries, cafes and many tourist destinations. We aim to provide a personalized service, convenience, and facilities to each guest yet still able to keep the Ubud ambiance.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is currently one of the best hotels/resorts I have been to. Service is excellent, amenities are very good too but I guess the very reason I love this resort is the peace and tranquility it somehow made me feel. Aside from the beautiful rooms -spacious, nice and sturdy furniture, aromatic bath amenities-, the view of the rice fields just literally a few meters from your door is really really very nice. Early in the morning, the scent of the fields and the serenity of the place makes you thank God the more for his beautiful creation. Breakfast is okay although it is not the usual buffet. You have to budget some time though because it takes a while for the food to be prepared.

I was not able to try the pool because it is almost always full at that time but lounging around the pool area or just outside your room is good enough. I guess the only thing if your room is near the pool is that it can get noisy at times if the pool is busy.

Getting around is no problem. You can walk and enjoy the view and observe the activities around you or you can also ask for the complimentary shuttle to take you to the town center. The monkey forest is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel and a grocery and money changer is also nearby.

Ubud is highly recommended for those fed up with city life, with malls, with heavy traffic and pollution, etc. It's laid back in its own way and very culture rich. Don't leave Bali though without trying the Balinese massage complete with flower bath!

I would definitely return if given the chance. Stayed for 3 days.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, ask for a room far from the pool. It can get noisy at times when the pool is full.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank I-benget
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear yusil,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. All the rooms at Alaya with private balcony overlooking to the paddy field, we provide various facilities for the guest to spend a lovely time at the resort from Balinese dance, making offering, yoga class, spa class, cooking class and weekly live entertainment at Petani Restaurant.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel is one of the best I've stayed at (and I've traveled a lot!). This was close enough to Ubud places (walking) but yet far enough out not be bothered by noise or excessive tourist. Was 50m away from YogaBarn! And right next to the rice paddies. throw is 5 star luxury and an infectiousnessly happy staff and this hotel is certainly one of my world favs.

Room Tip: All the rooms I tried (2) were good. the ones nearer the front are a quicker walk but have a so-so view of the rice paddy....ones at the back are a trot but have a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tmaharaj,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. Alaya is a boutique hotel with each room overlooking to the paddy field and private balcony. We located in downtown Ubud next to Yoga Barn which is perfect choice for Yogis and easy walking to a lot tourist destination in Ubud.