“Great hotel”

Ranked #45 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Bendigo, Australia
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just returned from four enjoyable days at Alaya Ubud. We had a room on the ground floor outside the pool area.
The room was very clean, spacious and well furnished with a wonderful waterfall shower with good water pressure. Toiletries were of a high quality.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable (often not the case I find in SE Asia).
Breakfast was of a very high standard with a wide range of food choices. We particularly liked the complimentary afternoon tea.
We ate one dinner in the hotel restaurant and enjoyed that too.
The pool area is small but good.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a good location and an easy walk to everywhere. There is a shuttle bus which can take you to places within the town if you do not want to walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear longs2go,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. We aim to provide a personalized service, convenience, and facilities to each guest yet still able to keep the Ubud ambiance. All the rooms overlooking to the paddy field and/or pool view with private balcony and Alaya signature collection of bathroom amenities has been formulated exclusively for the resort using pure and natural ingredients.
Once again thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud.

Alaya Resort Ubud Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent three nights here enjoying the fabulous breakfast, great house keeping, kind staff, and great location. We also tried the famous Dala Spa though pricey but unique.

位於烏布非常便利的市區, 旁邊就是超市,距離著名景點猴林路和猴子森林均漫步可到。環境相當清幽,客房打掃非常確實整潔。相當實惠的選擇!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Heather H
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Heather H,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. Alaya located in a vibrant area filled with specialty shops, art galleries, cafes and many tourist destinations. All the rooms overlooking to the paddy field and/or pool view with private balcony, our daily Breakfast and afternoon tea served at a casual dining Petani Restaurant also with paddy field view and vintage decoration. An award winning DaLa Spa perfectly designed for the guest to enjoy the true Balinese relaxation with the menu inspired by age-old Indonesian healing and beauty rituals.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were in Bali for a trek up Mount Agung, so we wanted to visit Ubud on the few days that we were there. Having never been to Bali before, I had heard a lot about Ubud and the rice fields, perhaps rather naively I was expecting the hotel to be situated in a slightly more remote location with rice terraces surrounding it - it isn't quite like that. The hotel is situated in quite a busy area, there are other hotels either side of it so not as remote as I had expected. The location aside, the Alaya is a beautiful hotel, the bedroom are immaculate and extremely well designed, it was a luxurious hotel at a very reasonable price. The pool area was lovely. I had a massage which was excellent, it is definitely up there with the best massage I have ever had, the spa at the Alaya was exceptional. The food was delicious too. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HDBS123,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had a lovely experience during your stay with us. Alaya welcoming all the guests with personalized services and complete facilities from each side, all the rooms overlooking to the paddy field with private balcony and our details decoration from the room to public area made for the guest convenience during stay at Alaya Ubud. An award winning DaLa Spa perfectly designed for the guest to enjoy the true Balinese relaxation with the menu inspired by age-old Indonesian healing and beauty rituals.
We value your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaya Ubud.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel is located just out of the hustle and bustle of the Ubud market, but still walkable. Close to lot of good eateries, tour companies and massage places.

Good thing about the place is its absolutely pest, bug and insect free. A great hats off to the hotel staff who works on this.

Will definitely return and recommending to friends and colleagues visiting Bali.

Room Tip: ask for a room towards the end of the building and on top floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AlayaResortUbud, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Dbsydney2014,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had a lovely experience during your stay with us. Alaya located in a vibrant area filled with specialty shops, art galleries, cafes and many tourist destinations. We aim to provide a personalized service, convenience, and facilities to each guest yet still able to keep the Ubud ambiance.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have just returned home from staying at Alaya for six nights and seven days. I have had such a wonderful time. The rooms were spacious, modern, and very clean. I had a room with a bathtub, which was HUGE and very relaxing. Staff are friendly and very helpful without being intrusive. I stayed here alone, and this property was very safe for a single female. I walked everywhere in Ubud from here. 200 metres to the Monkey Forest, and right next door to the Yoga Barn. I was able to walk to Ubud Market in about twenty minutes. I had breakfast included with the room, and if I had to pick on anything, it would be to suggest that they include gluten free items in their breakfast menu. Despite this, I was very full every morning after having fruit, and yoghurt, and juice, and coffee, and also muesli or eggs or other dishes, and a bread basket was included. The dining at the hotel restaurant was also lovely. I had the Ubud Chicken dish there, this was on the room service menu, not the dining in menu, but the staff were more than happy to accommodate my request and it was divine!

Also, getting a little flustered at trying to book a tour at the many places outside the hotel, and being repeatedly told I need to have more than one person (I was travelling alone), I enquired at the front desk at Alaya. In ten minutes, I had organised a day tour with the hotel driver for the next day. And it was tailored to where I wanted to explore, not a set number of stops and locations.

I had a 60 minute massage at the DeLa Spa, and my only regret is that I didn't make it 90 minutes. Lovely staff there and a beautiful relaxing experience.

In fact, my whole experience at this hotel was blissful.

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my stay. If I return to Ubud again in the future, I would definitely stay here again. Definitely value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room down the rear of the property near the DeLa spa, away from the main street at the fro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Misc E
Dear Misc E,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. We aim to provide a personalized service, convenience, and facilities to each guest yet still able to keep the Ubud ambiance. Our rooms are inclusive breakfast and afternoon tea at a casual dining Petani Restaurant with weekly live performance schedule for the guests to enjoy the dining accompanied by acoustic, violin and Balinese dance. An award winning DaLa Spa perfectly designed for the guest to enjoy the true Balinese relaxation with the menu inspired by age-old Indonesian healing and beauty rituals.

Jakarta
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I adored this hotel from the moment I stepped in until the moment I left. We had a short holiday in ubud with the whole family, I'm so glad I chose this hotel. Location is very good, close to yoga barn, hanoman street and monkey forrest road.

Our rooms were located on the ground floor near the pool area. We love all the personal details that were prepared for us, it was as if the hotel knew you. The pool is not big- but a great area to just chill and enjoy your lazy morning/afternoon.

The view to rice field is another good value, I can just sit on the outdoor area of the restaurant while watching green rice field- very relaxing. Also, We enjoyed every bit of our afternoon tea- the coffee and tea are excellent- ahhhhmaziiing service.

We also love the toiletries in our room, they smell amazing! My brother and I couldn't stop raving about the pillow too, it's so fluffy and soft, make our stay even more relaxing. My mom also love the spa, it's a bit pricey but definitely worth to try.

Overall, we enjoy every bit of our stay here. Definitely will come back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Taridana,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. Alaya located in a vibrant area filled with specialty shops, art galleries, cafes and many tourist destinations. All the rooms overlooking to the paddy field and/or pool view with private balcony and Alaya signature collection of bathroom amenities has been formulated exclusively for the resort using pure and natural ingredients. Our daily Breakfast and afternoon tea served at a casual dining Petani Restaurant also with paddy field view and vintage decoration.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a lovely stay at Alaya Resort Ubud for 3 nights. The room, the balcony overlooking rice padi fields, the bath tub and the bed are all terrific. It's been some time since my wife and I last enjoy such a relaxing stay.

The breakfast at Petani Restaurant is excellent too with a huge variety of menu. We also had dinner at the Petani and the ambience and food are great. We also did spa but find that the price is on the high side given the experience we had. It could have been better.

Would also like to give a shout out to Indra our trekking guide to the rice padi field that we engaged to the resort. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the trek and the nice photos you helped us to capture. Special thanks to you to let us experience the nature side of Ubud.

Service at this resort is also impeccable with all the smiles and help rendered. Location is also great with a supermarket just beside and shopping along the streets (about 20mins walk to Ubud Market).

Would recommend this resort to everyone visiting Ubud!

Room Tip: Get rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor and slightly further away from the reception to enjoy the more pea...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Maxxy23,

Thank you for visiting Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had a perfect experience during your stay with us. We aim to provide a personalized service, convenience, and facilities to each guest yet still able to keep the Ubud ambiance.