“Cheap and good!”

Ranked #192 of 592 Ubud B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Cheap and good!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Saimai Residence for just one quick night in Ubud before going out into the surrounding areas to find a more quiet and out of the way place to stay. However, we found this little guest house to be absolutely fantastic value for money. The family run business is clean, well kept, and in a really good central location in Ubud. We also rented a motorbike from the guest house.

Internet was a little sketchy in our room at times, but nothing serious. I think we just had the wrong password for the closer network (they have a few).

The room was clean and simple, with just one power socket. The bed was big and comfy and the location is surprisingly quiet given how close to the busy thoroughfare it is.

The shower doesn't have hot water, so be prepared for a very refreshing shower, but for the money this was easily the cheapest guest house in Ubud and the best value for money.

Room Tip: There was no hot water for the shower. So if that's a deal breaker, find somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jakarta, Indonesië
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and liked the way the staff was helping us when we wanted. The price was so good! Location nice and Ubud is a lovely place to spent a couple of days, because of all the hidden beauty's (temples, gardens, rice fields, etc).

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KevinMarrrit
United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights, got picked up by the owner and his son from the ferry terminal, we instantly liked them, they were both so sweet and friendly. Rooms are pretty basic, but all you need, comfortable bed in a peaceful surrounding meant we had a good nights sleep. Shower was cold but in the heat refreshing. Toilet did start to smell a little. Yes, no toilet roll, it it's cheap enough to buy yourself, it would have been good if there was another shelf in the bathroom, between two of us there wasn't enough room for the toiletries and our toilet roll kept falling on the wet floor! Brilliant breakfast served on balcony, but do tell her if there are certain fruits you don't like, I'm ellergic to pineapple and she questioned why I hadn't eaten it, when I told her she did say I should of told her (right too, it was a waste on my part...[sorry]. ) Staff always around and smiling, helped with trips and laundry. Fan room was supprisingly enough. In great location too. Wifi kept going but I think that's Indonisia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zobug3
vietnam
Reviewed 29 December 2013

amazing property- staff so very friendly and welcoming- had a sign with our name on it welcome pack with helpful information
rooms were largewhich with a small cieling fan didnt cool the room much and quite large bathroom.breakfast each morning was delicious and always served with a smile. small balcony to enjoy and evening drink or morning coffee
the location could not have been better just off monkey forest road. in a small lane is full of reallllly nice CHEAP restaurants also.
lovliest hosts all of them:)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank suuzyn
Shanghai
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed 4 nights and I highly reccomend this place. Great location 2 min from the Palace, clean and pretty comfortable. I stayed in a room in the second floor, pretty basic but clean and big. Try to get a bungalow downstairs for the same price. Both rooms and bungalows have a nice terrace, where they serve you breakfast every morning. There is a beautiful garden and family temple. Its really quite despite its central and convenient location. Try to bargain and youll get a really good price. The lady who runs the place is adorable. Just one problem... ants...dont leave any food inside the room or you'll regret...but I had the same problem in all the places where I stayed in a month in Indonesia.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CristinillaShanghai
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Arjuna guest house. The owner, Ketut, is very welcoming and helpful. I felt like at home from day 1. The hostel is located next to the Monkey road which is right in the center. Even being in the city center, the hostel give us the impression to be in the middle of the forest with all the trees and quite atmosphere.They have a family temple which connect us with the balinese culture as well.
I wish I could go back soon ! Ketut, thanks again for this amazing spending with you :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

In January I have shared a room with two oter people in Arjuna's guest house. The price is very reasonable and the breakfast is delicious.

The room is clean and quite big and so is the bathroom. The guest house is located quite central but peaceful and quiet. No noise from the traffic whatsover.

The price was about 100.000 for 3 incl breakfast and 70.000 for one incl. breakfast.

The staff is extremely helpful and I am delighted having to meet them. You can book tours against reasonable prices and try serve drinks during the day. (2.000 for a hot tea ( USD 0,20).

Recommended!