“If you are looking for a real massage - look no more!”
Review of Ida's BodyWork

Ida's BodyWork
Ranked #51 of 208 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have a Problem with Injuries, Stiff muscles, Sleeping disorder, Frequent headache, Sciatic, Shallow breathing, Emotional and stress??? By intuitive detection and diagnosis, by manipulating the energetic point using various kind of techniques, by strengthening and regulating the energy flow and helping it to circulate smoothly throughout the body, while reliving symptoms of discomfort and help you to restore the harmonious relationship between body, mind and spirit. To compliment our therapy, an assortment of contemporary beauty treatment are available including Waxing, Nails care, Facial,Eye lashes and brows coloring and more.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you are looking for a real massage - look no more!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Didn't get a chance to get a treatment from Ida herself but other ladies were truly knowledgeable and gifted at what they do.
I did a little research on TA before going to Ubud and came across this place, we went there straight away but didn't have a booking and they were booked out so we ended up going elsewhere up the road, which was a joke. So we made sure we've made our bookings for subsequent massages at Ida's not to miss out.
It certainly wasn't the most tranquil or modern setting but if you are after a quality massage, this is your place.
Thank you ladies, we will definitely come back when in Ubud.

Visited March 2014

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best massage... Ever”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Body n soul doesn't look like the place you will get the best massage of your life, but it is. Very, very, very good!!! They dig deep and relieve you of pains you didn't even know you had. I've had a few massages in Bali and this was the same price for 30 minutes longer, I would have payed a lot more. Amazing!

1 Thank Oliverc111
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Just passable”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Okay the massage was borderline good only and that is fine but I do mind the hard massage bed , oily floors and the moldy curtains .It certainly has no ambiance as the room is sparse ,the walls cracked and needs a paint and it's dinghy .Its not cheap either for an hour and a half it cost 250000 rupiah/ RM 69.00 .

Visited December 2013
1 Thank asjahstrina
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Deep-tissue massage virtuosity!! ”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

There is a reason the massage at this place is double the price of many of the other modest massage places in Ubud - it is doubly as good! I mean to say, it is one of the greatest massages you will have anywhere on the planet!!

As I lay there in exquisite pain, I couldn't help but think that she was 'playing' my body the way a virtuoso violinist would play their violin. Completely and totally attuned to my body's every response and nuance.

I opted for the 'special deep-tissue massage' - I don't know what the regular deep-tissue massage is, but they are quick to talk you out if it...
And special it certainly was! Honing in on any and every area of stiffness and pain - she worked her magic, and when she discovered how tense my back was, suggested the 90 minute version. So I upgraded from the 1hr for 175 000 (Aus$17) to the 90min opus for 250 000 (Aus$25).
And it was worth every penny!

Normally that sort of money gets you a real upmarket massage place in Ubud, but this is not upmarket. Sure it's clean, and the room had a shower, but the reason it's that price is because they know they are offering something unusually special and therapeutic.

Suffice to say, this is not a sensual massage (certainly no 'incidental' contact with the Crown Jewels!) - it is deep tissue in the truest sense if the word - you will writhe in pain, but will feel like a new man (or woman) by the end if it!

Ps they have Wifi!

Itala, Italy
“Professional deep healing massage.”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The healing arts can be bluffed for the sake of an income sometimes; I have been to Body'n'soul and can assure anyone who is considering where to find a truely healing massage that Ida and her family are definately authentic healers and expert massage practioners. Their discrete and sensitive manner make one feel at ease. The salon clean and orderly. I was fortunate to have been told about them, this is why I hope that my words here on trip advisor will inspire others to go there. I consider it a must if you are in Bali. If you hadn't planned to visit Ubud then you should visit specifically to meet with Ida. The cost honest and you will be thrilled with the results. Thank you Ida (and your sister) for sorting out so many things I thought I would have to tolerate for the rest of my life.

Visited October 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Been to Ida's BodyWork? Share your experiences!