“Don't book via email”

Eustace Place
Ranked #176 of 654 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hi everyone
Just wanted to let you know that if you want to stay here you should book via booking.com or agoda. I was in ubud already and booked a room via email and then when I arrived to check in I was told that they were full. Apparently inbetween my email booking my arrival they had received a booking via booking.com which took preference because they had paid already.
I had opted for the email option to save Eustace Place money (ie no booking fee paid to booking.com etc) but ended up with nowhere to stay. Be warned!

Also, the guy I emailed with wasn't there when I arrived to checkin. I felt overall they were unsympathetic of my situation. I didn't stay there, so can't review the place, but I wasn't impressed to say the least.

Also it's pretty hard to find down the lane way.

Cheers

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The location is ideal for the shops, Monkey forest and good food.
The room was clean and tidy with a queen sized double bed and fan. A full sized wardrobe was in the room that i did not use as it was only a stop over. The bathroom was a bit of a let down Yes it was a good size with a tub shower and sink with plenty of hot water and clean but could do with some sparkle or a good going over with a good lime scale remover. It was quiet with no traffic noise and a well kept garden. The chap who looks after things dose everything cook clean prepare the mosquito repellent and arrange scooter hire. The best restaurant in town is on the opposite side of the road in my opinion. My only regret is that we could not stay here longer. Next year we will stay for four or five days then go to Tulamben for Three weeks diving and return for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Four rooms to choose from 2 downstairs with garden 2 upstairs with balcony. I was downstairs and lov...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my girlfriend, and it was definitely a memorable experience. The balcony was lovely and stars were very visible in the area if you're into stargazing.

Kadek provides great service with breakfast every morning and he's always ready to provide information about things to do in the area.

Room itself is cosy and cool at night despite no AC. Bathroom is clean though some fixtures are showing signs of age. Water is heated though pressure is a bit low.

Location is excellent, right in the middle of the best parts of Ubud town.

Would definitely recommend for anyone staying in Ubud area!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stumbled upon Eustace Place online and am thrilled to have found it. It's located in a terrific spot in town, which was one of my criteria since last time I was a 20 minute walk away, and was familiar enough with Ubud to know the location was good. While it's just off a main avenue, it's down a lane and tucked away so it's totally peaceful. The garden is lovely and well kept. I had messaged the manager about the best way to get there from the Perama bus stop and got a prompt and thorough reply, which is impressive. (I ended up walking, since I knew the route and my bag was pretty light.) Kadek was expecting me, and he was always available to make sure everything was perfect. He's great at anticipating what you might need, but very low key so he's not salesman like either. The room is spotless and so well cared for. Good wifi in both the downstairs rooms- I know, because I came back a second time to stay! Breakfast is well made and satisfying, and all day coffee and tea on the porch is a welcome addition. The bed was also one of the best I have slept in in 4 months of traveling. Great hot strong shower, lots of storage space and hangers, and a fridge in the room. They can also help with transportation needs at reasonable rates. I loved my stay and plan to stay with them the next time I am in Ubud, which I hope will be soon! Terima kasih for your kindness!

Room Tip: Both downstairs rooms were great, didn't see upstairs tho!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nysurfgirl
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked this place due to the good reviews on TA and we weren't disappointed! Kedak, the very nice chef/cleaner/receptionist, welcomed us and gave us one of the beautiful rooms on the first floor with balcony.
He also helped us book a bicycling trip the next day and a sunrise trek to Mount Batur - two great tours aswell with amazing views.

The very reasonable price include breakfast and tea/coffee all day. It's hidden down one of the small lanes (Beji Lane) from Monkey Forest Road so it's very peaceful and quiet with small but beautiful garden.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Eustace place was a very peaceful, relaxing place to stay in the heart of ubud. the service provided was excellent: clean rooms and bathroom, bathroom amenities (toilet roll, soap, towels), breakfast was brought to the terrace outside your bedroom promptly every morning and there was always a flask with hot water available on your terrace, so you can enjoy a tea or coffee whenever you please. breakfast consisted of a fresh bowl of fruit, with eggs of your choice (boiled, scrambled, omelette) and toast.
There is no air-con and the fan doesn't really cool the room down that much. There is also no shower curtain, so you have to be careful not to spray water all over the bathroom. Therefore, for some people, the room and bathroom may not be ideal. However, the location is great and the staff are friendly. It is very good value for money. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank worldtraveller479
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was in Ubud for just one night and chose this place because of the good reviews on TA. It has been a great experience! The pick up from the airport was seemless, and the hosts/staff fantastic.
The location is super central and really tranquil which is so relaxing.
My room (3) was on the ground floor. Its really spacious and there is an awesome little balcony where i am sitting now typing this. I can't comment on the breakfast as I ate elsewhere, nor did I use the neighbouring property's pool.
Would have loved to have been up a floor as the room is very dark (even with lights on) and while I love the view of the vegetation would have been nice to see further afar.
This place is absolute value for money. The only negative for me was that the bathroom could have done with a bit more of scrub (in some of the tiles). Didn't bother me terribly but I know for some it would be an issue. Overall a really nice Ubud experience!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo