Adiwana Arya Residence
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$288
US$168
US$539
US$508
HotelsClick
All reviewscentral ubudhuge bathroombreakfast was deliciousper daycomfortable bedcouple of nightsbedroom villalovely pooleach morningour honeymoonstayed here for nightsbalconyshuttlebalikadekretreatserenity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

It's serene, it's relaxing and it feels like home...
Now; it IS slightly out of Ubud (but I already knew that when I booked this place, and that is actually one of the reasons why I booked it in the first place! Central Ubud has been getting too crowded and noisy for my liking these days; the traffic jams and the sound of horns and all sorts of noise indicating a chaotic life that I actually want to avoid this time...so the location itself has won me over from the start...)
It's the little things that count, like the fact that the staff always seemed to know when guests are coming "home", drenched and soaking wet in this horrible Monsoon season, and they would rush out with umbrellas in hand...the fact that when you decided you'd have a dip in their lovely pool and it's a little late in the evening (although it's not dark yet) the staff would not only bring pool towels (yes two towels instead of one; cause you would want one to be lining the pool reclining chair and one to dry your body off after you finish swimming) but also burning mosquito coil for you...so sweet and thoughtful...they didn't have to do that!
Breakfast is wonderful; prepared almost-from-scratch right in front of you...more-than-adequate in quantity and exceeded expectations in quality... They are also flexible when it comes to breakfast, when you feel like having a fruit salad instead of the tropical food platter that was supposed to accompany your 'Indonesian Selection Breakfast Set'...
We needed a little bit more coffee than usual to perk up our morning and the staff gladly offered to bring an additional pot of freshly-brewed Balinese Coffee to our balcony instead, just so we could enjoy it at the comfort of our own private terrace...all the staff are so professional and extra friendly... and most importantly: SINCERE...you could feel it instantly, they take pride in what they do...and they are so warm and hospitable, they really made our stay here...
Now the room itself is incredible...we stayed in the 'Satya' room and it's gorgeous! It's located on the second floor facing the pool and the immaculately-well-kept garden...the cheerful-and-yet-tasteful-orange-colour wall added warmth and cozy-ness to this room...the beautiful paintings in the room, the extra-comfy bed, pillows, bolster and quilt, they work together to create a perfect recipe for a good night sleep... lurrrveee the bathroom! It's huge and cleverly-designed, with 'rattan' blinds to keep it open-yet-private...the bath tub is larger-than-usual and is a perfect venue for a long-hot-bath after a long day of sightseeing and walking around...
Last but certainly not least, the in-room massage was fantastic!!! (I had it in this wooden 'house' next to the pool to give my partner abit of privacy and quiet time while I indulged in a little pampering massage session...thank you Miss Made...I think you gave me The Best Massage ever! (and I go for alot of massage sessions, not just in Bali but Singapore as well...but nothing compares to your massage skills!
All in all, I would chose this place over any other place in central Ubud, cause it comes in a package...and this package is truly delightful! Thank you Villa Arya family, you really made our holiday extra-special! :-)

• Stayed: December 2013
villaarya, Manager at Adiwana Arya Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Daisukigo,

Thank you for choosing Villa Arya for your accommodation during your holiday in Bali especially in Ubud area also thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Villa Arya. It is with pleasure to read that you loved and get a satisfaction with all of our service offered and really glad to hear our staff were helpful and looked after you.

On behalf of the entire team at Villa Arya, we all look forward to welcoming you back to experiencing Villa Arya much more.

Best regards,
I Kadek Wartawan (Dek Wan).

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

After seeing this villa so highly rated on trip advisor, I was most excited to stay at this villa. However, I have to say I was disappointed. It was quite far away from the town centre, and not walking distance to anywhere really. This meant your only options for food was at the villa and the food was pretty average. The villa itself is quite hard to locate too as its so tucked away.

The staff while friendly, were not tremendously helpful.

The mosquitoes were the biggest issue for me. While having a massive outdoor bathroom sounds amazing, it wasn't in reality. There was one miserly mosquito coil there which did nothing to fend off the mozzies. Also, the staff guaranteed that you would not be able to see through the wooden screen walls, however when I came back late one night, I could see into my bathroom from the outside!!

The villa is very beautiful, so
I guess if all you want to do is chill out in your room and relax by the pool, this place will be perfect for you! This place just sadly wasn't for me.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Specopspaintball
villaarya, Manager at Adiwana Arya Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Tinyshoe,

Warmest greeting from Villa Arya a serene & relaxing home,

On behalf of The Management and staff of Villa Arya, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your recent stay with us.

we were taking your comments into high consideration. I have noted your comments ( The mosquitoes, food, wooden screen walls) and immediately shared with all the team for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Again thank you for sharing your experience and the gift (the review), because we think would not have been possible for us to get a success without your exceptional cooperation.

Best regards,
Dek Wan and all the teams.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here the 1st few nights of our honeymoon and loved the place Definitely recommend it, breakfast was delicious rooms were spacious and well finished and villa provided shuttle buses into town as it's to dangerous and far to walk

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Zizic
villaarya, Manager at Adiwana Arya Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Zizic,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers, we are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during your honeymoon in Bali especially in Ubud area and your recommendation is highly appreciate it.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,
Dek Wan & Team

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a delightful place. The place is beautiful, elegant and rooms are large. The staff is very kind and helpful.

My only caveat is that it is a bit far from UBUD center - about 15 minutes. They have a shuttle but the times are not always convenient, so sometimes you have to arrange alternative transportation which is not costly - about $5 each way.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
villaarya, Manager at Adiwana Arya Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear F JPro,

Thank you for staying at Villa Arya a serene & relaxing home and taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted that you had a lovely experience during your stay with us.

Also thanks for the feedback regarding our free shuttle to Ubud town, as you know if our free shuttle is every 3 hours (starting 9 am and last pick up will be 10:30 pm).

Once again thank you for the support given and we look forward to welcoming you back to Villa Arya - Ubud

Sincerely yours,
Dek Wan & Team

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed, unfortunately only for 1 night, in the biggest room, think it was called the Gedong room. WOW! Stunnign wooden house, with amazing fittings, 2 huge outdoor spaces and an amazing bathroom.

The pool area was great and the staff and service were fantastic, all for a very good price.

The hotel is a little out of Ubud centre but they run a shuttle back and forth and even give you a phone to call when your ready to be picked up!

Room Tip: The Gedong room was amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
villaarya, Manager at Adiwana Arya Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Jon G,

Greetings from Villa Arya a serene & relaxing home,

Thank you so much for staying with us even just for 1 night and we are so happy during your very short staying you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed with all of our service offered.

Again we thank you for all support given, hope we can meet and serving you again as soon.
Dek Wan & Team.