Capung Sakti Villas
Travelocity
US$227
US$167
Agoda.com
All reviewsfair future foundationfree medical careevery morningricehalf hour walkvilla offersother guestsbanana pancakesbalinese coffeehome away from homeamazing placehot waterekabrahmaaccommodationtaxidriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Was looking for a non cooperate and typical hotel to stay without bumping into other guests.
We found CAPUNG SAKTI VILLA AND SPA.

We check in late, staff and the "manager", Alex and wife actually waited for us to arrive with 2 sleeping toddlers in tow. Most hotels would ask to fill up our particulars before proceeding to the room, this was not it!

Staff were concerned for our kids and directed us to the room immediately and took care of our belongings in the vehicles. You wont find this in a cooperate hotel!

After the kids were settled in, everyone waited for us before serving us wonderful sandwiches and hot drinks and proceed to inform us of the facilities that are available. And it was almost midnight!

The air was cool and aircon was not required even during the day.

Woke up with a view of paradise.

You have to come here to witness what mother nature has to offer.

Staff were helpful in finding us 2 scooters to roam around UBUD (and Bali) and introduced us a great guide (NYOMAN) to drive us around BALI.

A great place to stay and do nothing....SERIOUSLY!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Dragonfly and butterfly room with a swimming pool in front of our doors!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Just look at the pictures. In real life its even nicer. The infinity pool is situated above the green rice fields. You can have a walk through the fields if you ask the staff.

The rooms are nicely decorated and the staff (usely 1 or 2 for only 4 rooms) are always closeby. They helped us calling taxi's (you need one to get into town). I injured my leg walking through Ubud and a boy from the staff gave my girlfriend a lift to town and back in order to get a meal and some cash from the ATM. Excellent service.

Don't forget to ask for the free half hour welcome massage.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We will never forget our four wounderful nights of August in the Lumbung of Capung Sakti!

Since our first arrival we felt the magic of this place. Indonesian's cordiality and happiness are all over the beautiful villa and the Staff has been very friendly and helpful with us making us feeling at home since our first night. You can feel the peace and the generosity of the people which always bring you big and real smiles and cordiality.

Capung Sakti is the place to be in Ubud. You can rent a moped a drive thru the beautiful countryside down to the center of UBUD and the many sighting spots. After a long day visiting the area of Ubud you can rest by the beautiful pool in front of the rice terrace, the view is amazing! At night you can ear the sounds from the rice terrace which conciliate your sleeping and, surprisingly, we found no mosquitos at all (we were there in august)! In the morning the staff make you a delicious breakfast and if you want they bring it to you in the lumbung, so you can eat it with a tremendous view of the rice terraces!

Last but not least. I have had the best back massage of my life in Capung Sakti. I do have back problems but after that massages i felt having a brand new back, true story. Is Bali the real island of gods? I suggest it to you all, you wont regret it!

Ciao

We will definitely be back next time in Bali

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Le_Quattro_Stagioni
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I visited Capung Sakti Villa and Spa in June this year. Being a solo female traveller I was looking for a little bit of luxury for a few nights. Upon arrival I was surprised that there was only one very young staff member present. When I questioned whether there was any staff or security at night I was told that there wasn't any staff after 9pm at night. I then asked if I could speak with the owner (Alex) by phone, when I explained that I didn't feel very safe on my own, he got rude and aggressive saying that it would be a problem if I only stayed 1 night, as it "was too much trouble" and that 2 nights was the minimum which was not specified.

The pictures on the internet look very nice and the place has a nice view. I would suggest if you are a single traveller and don't want to be left stranded without any services out of town - then this probably isn't the place for you. Needless to say I left early the next morning and I won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
12  Thank Tigerjai99
Alexandre W, Founder at Capung Sakti Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write us...

Nevertheless, we would like to clarify this, in addition to your opinion which in no doubt, help us to respond effectively to your desires and expectations.

The young people (staff) are there from 7:30 in the morning until 9:00 at night. These are young people from the foundation, as you know. They are named Yoga Kimot, Putu, Nyoman, Eka, Wayan and Nyoman, They are the sweetest people I know. Capung Sakti is their home, the Foundation also.

Your insecurity: Dear Madam. There is no recorded case of violence in the nearby area, we are in Bali should be remembered! We are located in a village, surrounded by people who are our friends. Nyoman, a staff member lives in the house opposite, it ensures that all goes well at any time of the night. Less than 3 kilometres from Ubud.
Your insecurity is yours, it belongs to you. Nobody, neither I nor the other guests we've never talked as their concerns and fears. There is absolutely no reason to feel unsafe, absolutely no. By the way, Wayan Yoga slept that night in Capung Sakti, as his do it very often.

Your words: Dear Madam, I would highly challenging your opinion and introduce you my own story, which is the exact truth. Eka is assuredly the young woman who received you with his supernatural smile, incredible kindness and beauty of fire! Eka is the nicest and most respectful of the person I know. Eka also the co-founder of the "Bali Sari Foundation" (a humanitarian organization that provides free medical care) and is unable to be as you say! I know this!

Eka felt greatly abused by your words and hardness of them. Indeed, she called me in tears and took several days to get over it, really. I also note that two other young staff present (Nyoman and Yoga), were also shocked by your behavior and words profoundly unjust and limit the correction. It was, Madam, the first and last time this happened their.

Your stay: Dear Madam. Everything was wonderful and sweet! We have welcomed with open arms, you were in a beautiful, flowers everywhere, a room just for you with all staff smiling and you were all very happy to see you! I am sorry I realized that you were not able to see everything we offered you, including a discount of nearly $ 20 on the price of the room! You left without saying goodbye (which is very rude), when everything was beautiful, bright sunshine, a free massage and wonderful breakfast waiting for you! In the afternoon of your arrival, I took the time to teach you to drive a scooter, Wayan Yoga took over because I had to go to the clinic. It was so fun and you where smiling to us! Looking so happy! Me too by the way;-)

Minimum number of nights: Dear Madam. As is the case for most of the villas, we don't take reservations for less than two nights (three ont the high season) for practical and humane reasons. This is clearly stated on our website. in our "terms and conditions" page. We are not a hotel, but à Private Villa. For one night, most hotels can accommodate you because they have the infrastructure for stays as short. Nevertheless, I welcomed you with pleasure for one night, on your insistent request.

As the founder of two humanitarian foundation that concern us here in Indonesia, know that I also work in the context of health care facilities of the foundation. I can not be there all the time! Young people who are Capung Sakti are there to learn, you know we arrived home! This is the concept! For these young people there, life is sweet and simple! They give the best of themselves for all their clients.

Therefore Madam, I have nothing to reproach anyone. Neither you for writing what you thought, or the young to have had the good behavior with you.
For cons, I am very sad to know that people can disrespect and courtesy to those who are there to please you as best they can.

Dear Madam. I tried to answer with real words that come straight from my heart! However, I conclude by saying this: If young people made ​​a mistake, I beg you to accept my apologies on their behalf.

Warm regards and keep smiling.

Alex President and founder of the Fair Future Foundation

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Capung Sakti is an incredibly special place. That’s the only way I know how to describe it. It is a beautifully equipped, spotless villa – it’s clear that a lot of love and thought went into designing it; it offers a stunning view of rice fields; and everyone associated with Capung Sakti is absolutely lovely. They make this place what it is. My husband and I spent seven days in Ubud and stayed the entire time at this villa. It was by far the most memorable and meaningful part of our first visit to Bali, and that was because of Yannik, Putu, Kimot, Nyoman and Yoga, who are the lifeblood of Capung Sakti.

We stayed in the Praying Mantis, which is an open-air lumbung with a balcony overlooking the fields. We fell asleep every night to a harmony of sounds: crickets, frogs, a flowing river; and were awakened each morning by singing roosters. The breakfast provided at the villa is substantial and tasty – especially Putu’s banana pancakes! We often ate at the communal table in the kitchen area and had great chats there with other travelers.

The villas are about 2.5 km away from the center of Ubud, but we rented a motorbike (US$5/day) to get around everywhere, so the distance was not a problem. Plus, when looking for a place (and I searched for a long time), I didn’t want something in the heart of all the bustle of Ubud, and I didn’t want a traditional hotel. Capung Sakti is anything but that. It was a relaxing “home away from home” as one reviewer also described it – each villa, including the lumbung, has its own outdoor living room, and guests shared a GORGEOUS infinity pool. The overall atmosphere is so welcoming and peaceful. We always looked forward to returning to the villa after an outing (and on a couple of days, never leaving!) Meanwhile, there’s no front desk, but rather, everything operates on an honor system: there is a refrigerator with beverages that guests can help themselves to, write down how much they drink in notebooks that are provided, and then settle the bill at the end of their stay. Easy! Booking was also easy and Alex, the owner, was very responsive via email.

Thanks again to Alex and everyone at Capung Sakti – Yannik, Putu, Kimot, Nyoman and Yoga – we won’t forget you and we hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple