“Great value, great service”
Review of Zen Bali Spa

Zen Bali Spa
Ranked #71 of 197 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great value, great service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited this spa twice - first when we were too late for the yoga class at nearby yoga barn. The staff went out of their way to accommodate the 4 of us for 2 pedicures (for the teen girls) and 2 shoulder massages (for the mums) with no booking. I think it was the best shoulder massage I had in Bali.
We then booked for a 1 hour massage, pedicure and 1 hour hair wash and treatment for our last day in Bali. What a great move !! There are showers available for before and after the massage so we got to the airport feeling relaxed and refreshed after our treatments. A fantastic finale for very reasonable prices !
The ginger tea and fruit was a lovely unexpected final treat.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank OzSallee

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Massage, great value.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

On an island, in a town, with hundreds of places to get a massage at any price point, how do you judge the difference between a $60,000 massage and a $500,000 dollar massage?. Well, you don't, because you just go to Zen Bali Spa, and spend $150,000. I received one of the best massages of my life from Pitri at Zen. Don't let her small stature fool you, she is a power house. My 1 1/2 hour massage involved accupressure (something new to me) and then a combination of deep tissue and traditional body massage massage. The establishment is off the main road, down the lane towards Yoga Barn. There is a very pleasant aura when you walk in with a garden and fountain, in fact, there are ponds that run through the whole place with fish swimming to and fro. Pitri was extremely professional, yet friendly. Half way through the massage it started to pour rain outside and it created such a nice and soothing environment. . . almost. Despite being one of the best massages I've ever had, the reason I cannot give it 5 stars is because of the noise. If it was only hearing the quiet goings on in the rooms next door, that would be fine. However, for about half of my 1 1/2 hours staff from the spa were talking very loudly and excitedly somewhere - it sounded like right outside of the door. This unfortunately put a slight damper on the experience. However, by the end, I was so relaxed having showered and drank my delicious ginger tea, I'm fairly certain I'll be back tomorrow.

Visited July 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“I've had much better massages, go somewhere else.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The place looks very nice, but that's about it. I did the full body massage with a milk bath. It started off with a shower with the spa providing disposable underwear and soap. After the shower the massage began. The towel that smelled like peppermint, which I enjoyed. It was nowhere nearly as strong as I would have liked even after I told her, so it just felt like someone was rubbing on my skin...no deep tissue action. Something that I wasnt prepared for was the application of the susu exfoliant to my chest. After the application of the exfoliant, there was a 20 minute bath with flower petals. The spa also provided ginger tea, which was good, and fruits. By the time I got to the fruits there were ants on them, so I did not get to try them. The bath was followed by another shower. Before I could finish dressing, the masseus came in and and started cleaning, so I had to finish changing in the bathroom. It wasnt worth the money. I wish I had gone somewhere else.

Visited June 2014
Flagstaff
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had a very good massage from a lady on staff. Very respectful, very professional. I liked the shower, towel, soap provided for before and after the massage. Unexpected bonus after was a treat of fruit kabobs and ginger tea. Very good value. I felt safe and respected. Good location in Ubud. Attractive entry and waiting area. The young man taking reservations and payment in the waiting area was delightful to talk with when I was enjoying the fruit and tea. I purchased a one hour massage but longer spa treatments are available.

Visited May 2014
Taipei
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The lobby is nice and with 'Zen' in it. We chose the Lulur Spa and it was great. The rooms were clean and nice. We will definitely visit here again!