“I want to go back everyday!”
Review of Ubud ArtVilla

Ubud ArtVilla
Ranked #126 of 615 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Artvilla for 3 nights for my visit to Bali while traveling around South East Asia. This place truly made an impression in my heart. Very intimate and beautiful setting and true work of art. Within walking distance to Ubud city center. A family runs the place along with the owner Bruce who are all very helpful and did everything to make sure my stay in Ubud was unforgettable. The driver (unfortunately I do not remember his name) was very friendly and on our last day he took us on an awesome tour. I felt like I was staying at the home of a close friend. Very clean, food was awesome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at artvilla 3 nights with my mother and loved it.Cant wait to return with my husband.If you need time out from lifes hectic pace Artvilla is the perfect sanctuary.Highlights would be sharing delicious breakfasts around the big table with guests from all around the world.Day tripping with our charismatic driver John.Watching the sunrise with the mountains appearing in the distance.Relaxing in the enormous outdoor bath.Exploring the neighbourhood and sampling the healthy organic restaurants nearby.I must thank Bruce the owner and Wayan the manager for their warm hospitality.Please remember when staying in Bali that the island can be unpredictable so relax and go with the flow.You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The ArtVilla website gave us a small preview, however , as we entered through the timber doors on our arrival, we knew we had made the right choice;an absolute sanctury! Private and quiet, in the arty and restaurant laden streets of Penestanan village, Artvilla is just 10 mins walk to the heart of Ubud. Choose to enjoy the privacy of art filled rooms or meet up with other travelers in the relaxing communal areas. Artist/owner Bruce and manager Wayan are the most generous and knowledgeable hosts, we'll be back, for sure!

Room Tip: We had the upstairs room, "Luxury Space" which is very private, with a lovely view and bre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ubudartvilla, Owner at Ubud ArtVilla, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for being with us and getting what we're about. So great meeting you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Ubud artvilla for 3 nights, it's a really awesome hotel.
Firstly, the villa itself is a beauty, a 10 minute walk from the centre, you can easily hire a motorbike for super cheap.
Secondly, the staff were extremely welcoming and lovely. The owner Bruce is a very cool guy and the others were exceptional too (their homemade breakfast is delicious).
Thirdly, our driver John who works for the hotel was the one who made our experiences amazing. John is the most amazing person, he was able to take us to all of the places we wanted explore and more! So if you want to make the most of your trip to Bali, you must hire John, you will not be disappointed, he's incredible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My daughter and son in law stayed at ArtVilla in January and adored it. They are both creative and love beautiful things, so they strongly recommended me to go when I set off alone to discover Bali. How right they were! It is perfectly located just outside of Ubud, down a lush quiet lane. It was 'love at first sight', the gorgeous layout and landscaping, the tempting pool overlooking rice paddies and on to the volcano, the warm and caring 'family'of staff who quietly see to everything, plus the stylishly decorated rooms with wonderful bathrooms, open to the stars. The style of ArtVilla is very much due to the skills of the owner/designer, Bruce McWhinney, a Sydney born architect and potter, whose eye for detail and exquisite taste is everywhere. Beautiful ceramics are dotted about, and most of the villa crockery is his work. I felt at home immediately, and when I left last Sunday with the staff lovingly following me to the taxi I said "No goodbyes, I promise I will be back soon!" and I will keep my promise, no question!

Room Tip: "Luxury cool" upstairs is a treat. Great view from the balcony. I felt very special having...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It's a place to be if you are looking from something different from the commercial hotels, the design of the villa is a combination of art and nature that is designed by the owner himself! So if you are lucky you get to chat up the guy behind this beautiful creation! Not to forget the breakfast are all homemade and tastes really awesome, especially the banana pancake...must try!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellyn E
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The welcoming staff coupled with the beautiful surroundings, made our stay at Ubud Art Villa unforgettable! We stayed only two nights but experienced a different side to the richness and diversity of Bali and its people.

The Villa is a special place. What I liked most about it was the ambience and the relaxed feel to everything; the mouth -watering breakfasts and freshly squeezed tropical juices were a daily treat! The rooms were clean and very comfortable, ours also having a glorious view of the volcano! Beautiful to wake up to! The numerous restaurants within walking distance are accesible and hassle free. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Crvenka
ubudartvilla, Owner at Ubud ArtVilla, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for a lovely review. We loved having you with us.