“Secluded and beautiful but forget lunch or dinner.”
Review of DD Ubud Villa

DD Ubud Villa
Ranked #91 of 585 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 7 days. The Villa's themselves are very beautiful/natural and DD Ubud is surrounded by beautiful rain-forest - very relaxing and beautiful setting.
Breakfast is provided, we had the local nasi goreng each morning and it was delicious as was the juice. however food joy ends there... the "room service" is actually a restaurant 20 mins away that they drive to and bring back to your room. the food is HORRIBLE absolutely disgusting. Cold and triple the price of anything in Ubud town. I ordered "satay prawns with veg and rice" tinest bit of rice, 2 tiny tiny prawns and 3 bits of veg. My boyfriend ordered pork ribs... it was 4cm X 5cm in size.

Other than that the place itself is very relaxing. The pool only has two seats, but is not often used so is fine. Just keep in mind it is 20mins from town - so if you want to eat/do anything other than relax you need to catch a taxi/the shuttle.

Room Tip: don't stay in the bamboo! stay in one of the two villa's nearest to the reception
2  Thank Gab F
There are newer reviews for DD Ubud Villa

Reviewed 28 July 2014

REFRESHED! This is how I would describe myself after 4D3N stay at DD Ubud Villa. The air was so fresh and energizing! The villa was interestingly rustic, especially the bathroom, and yet has all the modern amenities. It was altogether a very pleasant experience for a Singaporean like me who is accustomed to urban living!
The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating too! Prior to arrival, I emailed the hotel to inform them that I am a senior citizen, so I will appreciate a villa that does not require too much climbing, and they acceded to my request.
The service is very prompt and courteous! I will definitely stay at DD Ubud Villas again!

Room Tip: This hotel gives a "back-to-nature" feeling. No excitement, but very restful! Suitable for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WSC500
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The villa is set in the middle of the rainforest, which is nice. However, due to that, please be prepared for insects. I had a spider the size of my palm in the room and moths dive bombing my bath water. A chicken kept crowing at dawn and woke us up. The hotel does provide mosquito coils to keep the mosquitoes away.

The villa was set on a slope and we were placed at the lowest villa so every morning was a good workout to reach the entrance. The pool and breakfast area are midway up or down, and it's nice to meet fellow travellers. I was a bit apprehensive of the pool initially as the tiles were green, but had an enjoyable swim.

Service is good, but at nights it may be hard to find someone who understands English. We ran out of hot water while running out bath and had to call the front desk twice in 45 mins to get a new gas container for the heater.

Point to note with regard to the shuttle bus, it only runs twice a day each way and this place is really hard to find and some ways away from Ubud city centre.

I enjoyed my time at this villa and it was comfortable and clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PrisVivienne
Reviewed 21 July 2014

First of all, 2 things about this hotel.

1- It is not close to Ubud, but about 15 minutes away from Ubud center
2- It is on a hilltop, so expect local wildlife - that includes insects

Staff were very helpful and friendly, although some apologised very fervently for not understanding. Location was stellar, if you are able to deal with the fact that it is not a hotel. This means you will have to sleep with the mosquito coil, under mosquito netting. A little bit of preparation and anticipation will take you a long way.

Otherwise, the perfect quiet getaway, nestled on a hill. We had a splendid view of a valley with the sounds of the river running through. We had to take some steep stairs to the top as we were on the very bottom, but I believe our room was the most private of the 6 or 7 villas that I counted. The villa is constructed out of bamboo and wood, but nevertheless felt very sturdy.

Despite some minor complaints that my fiancee and I could overcome without much issues, nothing beats waking up to the fresh breeze.

Room Tip: Take the lowest room for absolute quiet, but remember to grab everything before you go up the stairs...
3  Thank JoshHuin
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I just visited this incredible villa about a week ago in July 2014. My husband and I landed at the Denpasar Airport, and we had previously arranged for airport transfer with DD Ubud Villa staff as we were unsure how to get there otherwise. We had a rather late arrival, approximately 7pm. So upon arrival, we were greeted by our driver Wayan, who was extremely friendly and helpful. As we hadn't eaten anything yet, he offered to stop us at a local restaurant on our way up to the villa for dinner because the distance from Denpasar to the villa is approximately 1.5 hours. We were given the Bintang villa, which is closest to the reception.

When we had booked, we were at first offered the Optimus Villa, but then just a month before our trip, I had discovered I was pregnant. I read that there are a lot of steps to walk up and down to for the Optimus Villa and had then requested to get one that's closer to avoid any strain. The villa's staff and manager Ketut was kind enough to arrange it for me and we were extremely grateful. Our chalet was made up of wood and it's a very spacious area. When you enter you'll see a nice cozy dining area on the balcony that's perfect for dining or just reading a book. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, water kettle, dressing table and chair, small wardrobe, tv and dvd player and a massive king sized bed already fixed with mosquito nettings. The bathroom is an open-air concept (but partially covered) and you are really just mesmerized by nature throughout the trip. All the staff at DD Ubud are incredibly friendly and you can always chat to them about anything you require, or any tips you'll need during you stay at Ubud. Just below our villa, there is an infinity pool and a massage area. It just gives you such serenity and soothing feeling. We were surrounded by such amazing greenery that it makes you forget about all the hustle and bustle of city life. Speaking of the city, the villa provides their guests with a free shuttle transport that goes to Ubud town centre which is bout 20 minutes away. They depart from the villa at 9am and pick you back up again at 3.30pm - perfect for those who just want to do some shopping in the city.

All in all, it was an incredibly relaxing experience at DD Ubud Villa. We were mesmerized by the greenery and scenery every day and loved the friendly approach from the staff there. Would definitely love to visit this villa again another time!!

Room Tip: Bintang and Bulan rooms are the nearest to the reception and lesser stairs.
1  Thank jamoca84
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went to this place last year Sept 2013, sorry i didnt have the time to review it, so i will try now. The place is kinda far from the Ubud crowd, around 20 mins or so. But the view is good, surrounded by trees and the design was very natural.

Great staff, attentive and helpful. Big and spacey bathroom (which i like).
But this place is not suited for all people. Since its located near forest, many bugs at the porched. sometimes inside the room too. the stairs u have to climb from room to main entrance is not suitable for old people. The breakfast is very simple. Fried rice, fried noodle or toasted bread.

Overall its a new experience, and again ... might not suitable for some people.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suhero H
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Although a bit far from the Ubud city, it was a great place to stay. Free shuttle provided by the villa would definitely make you easy to travel to and fro the villa and the city. Friendly staff will always ready to assist you. Give yourself a try and get away from the busy city, stay in cool, calm and relax villa. Enjoy the "Tropical Night" - A chorus of insects in the night air -the thrum of insect.
Stay for 6D5N from 7th May 2014 - 13th May 2014
Gray

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank xiaolong88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Villa Sarna Ubud
#103 of 585 in Ubud
Kanomayasa Ubud Villa
Kanomayasa Ubud Villa
#214 of 585 in Ubud

Been to DD Ubud Villa? Share your experiences!