“Very good for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fresh! Spa

Fresh! Spa
Ranked #34 of 197 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Fresh! Spa is a quaint little natural spa located on the side of a river, and across from an ancient Banyan tree, right in the heart of Ubud. Fresh Spa treatments available include: Oil Massage for the Body, Foot Soak and Massage,Body Scrubs,Natural Facials,Ear Candling,Manicure & Pedicure,Hair Cream Bath & Blow,Hair Cuts,Keratin Hair Treatments,Complete Body Waxing,Far Infrared Sauna, and Alkaline Water Refills. We have recently renovated! What we created is a vintage inspired calm urban oasis with a friendly and service orientated vibe within the center of Ubud. It's the Freshest choice in Ubud!
Auckland, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very good for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Despite the fact that this was my first waxing I really liked it at the fresh spa. The staff is really friendly and you get tea, biscuits and lemon water. They were very careful with ripping the stripes and always asked me if I was ok. The quality of the waxing might not be a 100% but for that money its more than great! I will definitely go there again for a massage or a facial because I really liked the spa. It looks new, stylish and clean.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Ubud, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Full Leg Waxing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

After reading reviews for different waxing salons online, I decided to take a bit of a gamble on Fresh! Spa. It's cheerful aquamarine storefront & organic products advertisement drew me into the salon to pick up a brochure. I had already picked up brochures from Milano and SKIN spa when I decided to check this one out. This one was 170,000 Rupiah for a Full Leg wax as compared to the over 200,000 Rupiah prices for both SKIN spa and Milano. The shop looked clean, and the staff was very friendly. After weighing my options, I decided to go for it.

Several days later, I walked in, removed my shoes and inquired about making an appointment. The woman invited me to sit down & brought me some nice tea and cookies. Confused that they were giving me all of this just to schedule an appointment, I inquired again about making one. She replied that it would just be 15 minutes and then I could get waxed. This was not what I had in mind, but I decided to just roll with it.

The shop is very near to the street making ambiance void. There is also no A/C. When it was time for my full leg wax, I was ushered up stairs to a small, dimly lit room. Two balinese women followed me in & asked me to remove my shorts so they could begin. In the US, most aestheticians close the dor, or leave as I undress. They just stood there with the door open. So... when in BALI.... I complied. As I lied down on the table covered with a sarong-type material, I noticed that they had an antibacterial air filter running above me. The two balinese women tried to turn on another light, but it would not turn on. So instead of fixing it, they just proceeded anyway. They applied the caramel lavender wax with a spatula to my legs. They did not wear gloves, nor did I see them wash their hands (it is possible that they did, but doubtful). The small room was not very private, as the door was left partially open and other spa workers came in to ask questions. Again, I could hear the street noise. The two women each worked on a leg. The process was going rather smoothly until the only lady reached coarser hair on my upper thigh. This is not a region you want re-waxed if the first application failed. After holding my breath for several minutes to endure the pain, while the two women spoke in Bahasa to one another about the trouble the one was having removing my hair, they wear finally satisfied. I was in slightly more pain than I am used to during a wax. I also noted that the position in which they stood in order to pull the strips off was completely awkward. The aesthetician should stand in oder to make the arm motion most natural for quick strip removal. They stood at the end of the table trying to reach upper pats of my leg for much too long. I really wanted to show them how they should do it. Finally, one moved to stand at my side for a more efficient wax. Thank goodness.
ALso, at one point, the strips being used were not high quality. Several times, the strips left fuzz attached to wax still attached to my leg.

Finally it was done they ushered me downstairs. I tried paying right away, but they ushered me to sit down. They had provided some complimentary lemon water & a slight sweet and spicy cashew cluster. I welcomed it. One can never have enough water or protein in Ubud. As I sat, I notice several spots that they had missed.. most likely due to poor lighting. I showed them, I they took me back upstairs to fix the problem. Finally, I was ushered back downstairs and allowed to pay. The end result of hairless legs was achieved, but not in the most pleasurable way.

I only recommend this Full Leg wax to someone on a budget, not looking for pampering, and also has experience with leg waxing. Do not go here for a first time wax. Their other services might be nice, but waxing is not their specialty.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Wonderwaxwoman

Been to Fresh! Spa? Share your experiences!