“A very bad experience”

Pertiwi Resort & Spa
Ranked #135 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I cant imagine I stay there in the first night is without blanket and freezing air conditioning without temperature control. Toilet door and curtain are broken. Then requested to move to another room and black faced by the bell boy. Another room is more terrible with black ants everywhere on bed and floor. After spray, it is still the same. We begged for moving again... A room took you walk for 10 mins from the entrance. Very good and new condition but they forgot to move our suitcases from the "ant room" to the new room on the next day even though I requested and reminded.

No wifi. Bad breakfast. Bad service.

During the negotiation, only a guy and the sales manager lady is good to us. No one remind us there is golf car to the room instead of walking. The hotel manager is very unfriendly and not willing to help.
I really cant understand when they insisted their rooms are fully occupied but I can get a nicer room finally without ants.
I cant understand why they dont know the room condition is that bad and still recommend us to stay there.
I cant understand why the bell boy is in such a bad attitude but the manager did not manage him better.
I cant understand why they always say "NO" more than "YES"

Very bad experience in conclusion.

Room Tip: Only choose new wing rooms near the front desk started with 1xx. Never stay in the room started with...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank titiHk

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed four nights in a pool villa and found this an excellent hotel for the money and star rating. The outdoor bathroom took some getting used to and the breakfast was basic but the staff were lovely and the location is good. The pool villas are at the back of the property and it is quite a hilly hike from the front desk but the setting was beautiful and the road running along the back of the property (Jalan Bisma) was a world away from the frenetic activity of Monkey Forest Road. I would highly recommend this property for those not expecting 5 star luxury and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The pool villas are worth the extra $$.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Pertiwi Resort & Spa is set in beautiful gardens in central Ubud half way up Monkey Forrest Road. You can walk everywhere from here. The property is quite hilly in parts so not great if you have mobility issues - if so request a room at the front of the resort. Rooms were clean - we stayed in a private villa with a pool and in the superior rooms at the back of the resort. Remember this is a 3.5 star resort so don't expect 5 star. The beds were quite hard even by Asian standards and the linen was clean but a little musty smelling which is to be expected in many Bali hotels. Staff were lovely and always obliging. Breakfast was good in that you weren't overwhelmed by the enormous buffet breakfasts on offer in some hotels. However an amazing breakfast for 2 can be bought from Wayan Café and Bakery next door for under $10. Try the omelette and the pancakes. I would recommend a private villa with a pool if you planned a lengthy stay and wanted lots of pool time. We had 4 days in Ubud and after 3 we had well and truly seen what was on offer. We opted to upgrade to a villa to really enjoy relaxing by the pool. Whilst the communal pools were lovely there weren't lots of lounge chairs and the pool at the back of the resort had no pool bar. Whilst they would deliver to the pool this could have taken awhile. I would certainly return to the Pertiwi Resort & Spa again. Cinta restaurant directly across the road was amazing. Have the Mahi Mahi (fish). Pundi Pundi (head out of town towards the Tegal Sari) was delicious and served icy cold beers.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for a Villa with a private pool. If not we preferred the Superior rooms at...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fishbowl08
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family found the Pertiwi good value for money. It is in a excellent location on Monkey Forest Road with lovely gardens and two pools. The breakfast could have been better but there are heaps of places to eat right by the hotel. The hotels gardens are lovely as were the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very disappointed with this place. Was expecting a beautiful private pool villa. That we did not get. For starters the bed was so uncomfortable it was hard to sleep. Bitten like crazy by multiple different bugs mostly in my sleep. The shower didn't drain. The linen wasn't clean. The only meal we had here was breakfast which was extremely poor. All in all I was very disappointed with my stay. After all I wanted a quiet romantic getaway. I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank BGS91
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I went there with my family in february 2013, we reserve 2 room. When we arrive there there was a problem with a room or maybe it was already taken, so without asking or saying anything, they upgraded us to the Villas. That was a great luck, of course, but the way that the personal manage this situation was amazing! Thanks a lot to you all, I had my best nights in Bali in your Resort. Also the resort have a perfect location, right in the middle of Ubud, 3 min walking to the Monkey Forest, and a superb breakfast. The atmosphere is the best.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Definitely NOT HIGH END!

BED BUGS IN MY ROOM! Omg! When we rang reception at 11.30 the first night .... They seemed disgruntled that we had inconvienced them! ROOM 210 ppl DON'T GO THERE!
MOTH BALLS DONT KILL BED BUGS , there was a stink of mothballs in our room.....so pungent...we turned the mattress over....this was after my partner had been bitten...moth balls everywhere.
They moved us to another room 209. This room had a huge hole in the ceiling ! All this dirt, bugs and crap was falling through on to OUR BED! So we moved the bed.
In the morning the manager asked our group HOW WAS EVERYTHING?
I told him......everything.
His pleasant smile dropped, never said sorry, I will change it for you....... Nothing,

My friends in our group had rotten wood in their bathroom, the bedding was FILTHY! Pillows stunk!
Pools were slimy, tiles coming off, not maintained at all.

On the upside the gardens were beautiful and the most beautiful resturant WAYMANS next door.

Room Tip: Not rooms 210, 209, disgusting
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends