Pertiwi Resort & Spa
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bisma Eight(Ubud)
View Hotel
All reviewsmonkey forestprivate pool villajl bismapool towelsnice gardenthe main streetrainy seasonoutdoor bathroomthe location is perfectubud marketrelaxing stayrice fieldspoolsspabalibuggysri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was a bit disappointed with Pertiwi. The rooms are well set out in beautiful gardens and there are new ones being built and others being refurbished but unfortunately, the ones my daughter and I were given were very much in need of updating. The walls needed painting, the sheets were stained, there were rust marks in the bath and around the hand basin and the toilet had not been cemented in, so it moved around while I was seated! You have to get up fairly early to find a free table at breakfast and the buffet was ordinary. On the other hand, the rooms were large and airy, the staff were nice and friendly, the rates were reasonable, the pool at the rear of the resort was lovely to swim in and I had it all to myself, and the hotel is very centrally located. We appreciated the complimentary umbrellas in the rooms, as it rained pretty much non stop while we were there. The room we were given for a late check out was much nicer - if I stayed there again, I'd opt for the rooms closest to reception.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Rooms ok but all a bit tired. Breakfast pretty poor: no muesli, no toaster, cold scrambled eggs, cold bacon and apathetic staff. Back pool divine but no service up there if you want a drink by the pool. If you're looking for convenience over style then this hotel might suit you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Pertiwi experience! I have stayed so many times we are welcomed back to our second home. I recommend the experience to those who want a genuine Bali experience - not 5 star, don't play cheap, you don't pay for that here. The hotel and its grounds have changed and improved over the years, including the breakfast buffet which is now always HOT and TASTY! If not call for Mr Nyoman the GM! Comfortable more than adequate good sized rooms [and beds] with excellent sized bathrooms.

The hotel owner is spending - an excellent sign - on complete refurbishment of all old room buildings. Plus adjacent "rooms with a Rice Field View" after a buggy ride! Try it!

Bottom line the staff at Pertiwi are really dedicated to making your stay as good as possible. I have always had excellent service from Mr Gusti and Puan Sri at the Front desk onwards. Anything that is not quite right [be reasonable] - it gets fixed - just ask.

Excellent value and welcoming service for those who appreciate it....

Thanks to all, and guests I always show my appreciation - do remember that!

Robert and Thomas
Singapore

Room Tip: Be reasonable - this is not a 5 star Swiss Hotel - but is excellent value. Choose a "new" room and you will get great value for $, Noise is not an issue - garden views galore, not like some expensive joints [next door] which look out on concrete! Excellent underlined - right next to the very best dining experience in Ubud - Cafe Wayan - 30 seconds on the left.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertSingapore
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed only one night. It was great. Everbody were really friendly and professional! The rooms were simple, but nice, and not expensive! Our room was far from the reception, so we were driven and picked up if needed. The breakfast was good. Its very close to the monkey forest, stores, spa +++. We will go again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed in Nov13, resort is in a great location on the main street. 5 min walk to the monkey foreset and close to restaurants and bars. Room was very nice and clean. Check in was a breeze. The only bad thing was the stairs at the main entrance that you have to lug your bag up and over. There is no lifts so you will need to be physically fit to carry your bags up and down. Breakfast was not buffet but nice. Pools were clean and grounds kept well. We stayed in room 104 which is at the very front of the resort so we didn't have to climb those hills at the back of the property. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that start with 100 as you wont have to walk as far.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends