Pertiwi Resort & Spa
US$168
US$539
US$508
HotelsClick
All reviewsmonkey forestprivate pool villajl bismapool towelsnice gardenthe main streetrainy seasonoutdoor bathroomthe location is perfectubud marketrelaxing stayrice fieldspoolsspabalibuggysri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I spent a week here when I first arrived in Ubud and found the location perfect for exploring the central core of Ubud. My garden room was quiet, allowing for restful sleeps after my sightseeing adventures. The staff were all surprisingly social and personable, greeting me by name after even the first night there, which is the hallmark of great service. The breakfast buffet was a great value - I spent every morning indulging before starting my day. All in all a great stay and introduction to Ubud, you really can't go wrong here. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a garden room so you won't hear any of the traffic on the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brad-Anthony-Bali
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The garden of this hotel is surprisingly huge, you need a small car to reach most of rooms.
BUT if you're close to main entrance it's a great hotel: staff very professionnal, hotel perfectly located, beautiful garden and swimming pool and quiet place

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lolo_on_tour
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Pertiwi's location couldn't be more ideal if you're looking to stay in the heart of Ubud! We were fortunate to stay in one of the new buildings, as I understand people have been very dissatisfied with the older ones. Our unit was clean (white tiles and walls), comfortable, and had a great view from our private balcony. Considering the modernity of our room I enjoyed how traditional the rest of the hotel grounds were. The hotel has an Indonesian feeling while also being fairly hip. I thought our complimentary breakfast options were great as well. Plenty of fruit and yummy banana pancakes for me! The one complaint I had was the front desk staff. The people working the grounds were extremely friendly and happy, but the front desk staff wasn't as helpful as some of the places we have previously stayed.

Room Tip: Request to stay in a new building!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taryn C
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Just checked in last night. Will update again later. We stayed in the old section of the hotel at the back of the resort. The view from the balcony is incredibly Bali. You can see rooftop and trees like staying in the mountain resort with the touch of Bali all around you. The only problem we have is the bathroom doesn't have ventilation system and the AC wall unit system is really noisy. The lavatory has both cold and hot water on separate faucets which make it impossible to mix the water temperature which rendered it wortless. Thank goodness the shower has a mixer of cold and hot water. The entrance of the hotel is hard to appreciate the size of this property.
Breakfast this morning is just Okay, but the staff are really friendly. Wifi system is very good all around the property including the room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Great location. We had a pool villa which could have been amazing except the room was so musky even incense wouldn't mask the smell. The only choice was to have the doors open for fresh air but then we got eaten alive by Mosquitos. Also many weird brown stains on the mosquito netting, walls and pillows.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sammy_LNW
PandeSuartaya, Manager at Pertiwi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Ms. Samara Wills,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to Pertiwi resort and spa . Your riview was mean to us. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and team. We certainly take note for the browns stains on the mosquito netting, walls and pillow. I had address it to department concern to take action. For sure your next visit will change the ambience and atmosphere of pertiwi resort and spa
once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Bali was most enjoyable.

With warms regards,