“Great stay”

Pertiwi Resort & Spa
Ranked #133 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We have Just spent 3 nights in a pool villa, what a beautiful room, outdoor shower and bath were a good surprise. I can not rate the room enough. The grounds were beautiful as well, and the hill/valley between our villa and main road was steep, was not an issue for us. We had a late lunch and Bintang by the main pool... Service there was non existent... But the food was ok. Over all I recommend this resort to anyone, just eat and drink away from the resort.
Gordon and Darren
Brisbane Australia

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Gordon B

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Having booked this back in April as a romantic holiday with my husband, I found myself at the Pertiwi Resort with a 26-year-old friend after my husband unexpectedly left me a few weeks before our holiday. So it was that I found myself in a lovely private villa, with a private pool, in a part of Bali which is very couple-y and family oriented. Life can certainly be strange!

The resort is massive with many units and villas. It's quite a walk to the villas but the buggy will take you if you want, however we got really used to it and started to enjoy our daily stroll through the resort. It has the most gorgeous grounds, carefully tended every day by dedicated staff. I get the feeling the resort has been there for a long time as it has the feeling of faded glory. Our villa was lovely, with a huge king sized bed which the staff had kindly removed the middle section of, making two singles (room in the middle for our iPads and phones!). The bathroom is outdoors, with an outdoor shower, which is absolutely wonderful. The lights in the room could be a little brighter and it was hard to put make-up on when going out at night as the lights over the mirrors are really quite dull. But this is a small quibble. The room was very clean and cleaned each day around 10 am. The staff were respectful and friendly. We had room service one night, quite late, and had no problem with ordering or delivery.

When the lock on the villa door suddenly didn't work, it was replaced immediately, with no fuss. Likewise, our aircon didn't seem to be working and as soon as we reported it to management, it was fixed straight away. Room service was ordered one night and came in reasonable time. It's lovely eat in the outdoor dining area, overlooking the pool.

We enjoyed the breakfast each day, even if it was the same each day, with only small variations on a theme. The banana pancakes are wonderful!

The location is brilliant. Right on Jalan Money Forest, it is within easy walking distance of the many bars and restaurants, the market, the monkey forest and the fire dances. There are minimarts everywhere and several Guardian chemists if, like I did, you forget to bring your makeup bag with you!

We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it. It's quite pricey for Bali but worth it.

Room Tip: We were in villa 404 - extremely quiet and private.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and wish id stayed longer. I stayed at pertiwi close to the main road monkey forest in ubud. Everything is within walking distance. EVERYTHING. lots of day spas restaurants, taxis. Good shopping here too. lots of original pieces. Breakfast is average. nice room. but the tv had no english speaking programs. which was annoying as it rainned and I stayed in the room for a whole night just on my phone. thats my only fault. This hotel has the best location in town.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

In fact I was here by mistake.
I had mistaken the dates of Ubud jazz festival and thought it was organized this year by PErtiwi resort because of a website they had posted on a fringe jazz event. I booked a last minute flight and a room here. Strangely, non of the staff knew there was a fringe jazz performance at their cafe this evening. Hope I hadn't made a second mistake.

When I travel alone I would have totally avoided monkey forest area because it has sadly turned into a commercial strip with touts every 5 meters selling massage, souvenirs or offering taxi service. The movie eat pray love really killed the charm of Ubud. Head to the suburbs and stay there if u crave for the real Bali. Not the centre. Pertiwi is on monkey forest and laden with tourist at peak season. For usd 80 per night. I can get a better quality accommodation in Ubud that's aplenty from home stays to villa.

Well kept gardens and recently upgraded clean rooms is probably what u should be expecting and nothing more here. Service is average. The staff actually had their walkie takies on full blast while cleaning rooms which spoilt a little my quiet morning reading.

Breakfast is rather average. Perhaps I'm a tad health conscious and mass cooked greasy bacon and sausages, soggy scrambled eggs, white bread , syrup oranges juice don't appeal to me. I had made some special request via email bookings and was totally ignored. That's ok. When In Bali, u learn to release any negative energy real fast. I made do with whatever is on the buffet spread.

So, unless u absolutely have to stay on monkey forest road, u can give this hotel a miss...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tazawa
Reviewed 23 July 2014

arrived at hotel could not get room service. room to far from restaurant reason we wanted room service. rats had a great time at night running around room, until one poor rat died next to daughters bed on last morning. should have heard her scream when she found it.

Room Tip: try to get rooms close to reception . ones at back long walk up and down hill.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jamie o
cgmpertiwi, Manager at Pertiwi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Jamie,

On behalf of the team members of The Pertiwi Hotels , I would like to express our sincere appreciation for your recent stay at The Pertiwi Resort & Spa.

We highly value the constructive comment and will continue endeavoring our utmost in order to meet and surpass guests expectation.

It is our paramount commitment to provide genuine high standard of service and facilities to our guests.

I am delighted to know that you would like to stay again at The Pertiwi Resort & Spa in the future. All of the team members of The Pertiwi Hotels are looking forward to serving you in the not too distant future.

With Warm Regards,

Pande Suartaya
Corporate Operation Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Cons,
Breakfast is average. ( no egg station not much choice )
Pro,
Bright, clean rooms.
Two entry,s , one at money forest road with all the chops and restaurants, one at the back with direct acces to Rice paddy and little to non traffic.
Beautifull gardens.
Two Pools one in front one in the back.
Good price/quality level.
Good personal service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

After a horrible experience at Tanah merah Resort which I had booked through booking.com I was looking for a place to stay at the Monkey forest road.We were lucky to have stumbled across this gem of a hotel.The place has three most important attributes of a hotel Location,location and location.
It is situated midway between monkey forest and ubud palace and all the shops and restaurents and pubs are on the street so its very easy access .one can take a stroll and explore all the bars and restauerents.Ubud is otherwise quiet place and market place shuts down early.However stil many pubs on this stretch are open till late which is a great advantage from this hotel..
the staff is very freindly especially Aryana ,Sri and all others.the service is efficient and one is not made to wait for room service .rooms a re well maintiained and clean.Al in All a great Exprerience

Room Tip: modern rooms are better than classical ones
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family