“Alam Jiwa Resort in Bali”
Review of Alam Jiwa

and 1 more site!
Alam Jiwa
Ranked #55 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband, my son and I stayed at this resort in Ubud and absolutely loved it! We felt like we were in a dream world! The attitude and feel of the resort is so peaceful and relaxing. The staff were amazing and very accommodating. Our room backed onto rice fields and was also a backdrop of peace. Our room was out of this world complete with ceiling to floor mosquito nets. Close proximity to Monkey Forest Road and the town of Ubud. Highly, highly recommend anyone to stay at this resort. When we re visit Bali we will definitely stay here again. LOVED IT!!!!

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms back onto the rice fields but I would recommend booking a room that does. It...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2014

For 6 days in late April, early May 9 of us made Alam Jiwa our home base in Ubud. Because of its close proximity to Monkey Forest Road we regularly wandered into town to indulge in Ubud’s abundant joys individually, in small groups or collectively. Whilst we enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the town all of us looked forward to returning to the tranquility of Alam Jiwa’s setting and to the care and attention shown to us by the outstanding staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I go to Bali many, many times, and this is the worst hotel/B&B I stayed at.

When we arrived at 1am, we were shown to our room, but not given the proper check in procedure. No wifi password, briefing on where the free water is, etc. Then we found out the air con is not working. People came and checked but to no avail.

When I expressed frustration on it, the manager shrugged and told me this is Bali, if I am not happy with it I could stay in another hotel. When I asked why the shower is trickling, and very weak, they provided the excuse that it's on the second floor. Come on, I've stayed in other B&Bs in Bali with strong shower on the second floor. Is it their excuse assuming travelers are ignorant of Bali's development. And oh, they put that excuse on the weak wi-fi too!

And " you can leave now (at 1am even!) and stay in another hotel" is the worst thing a service-oriented staff could say. Thumbs down.

It was only when I said, don't use your third-world-Bali as an excuse, I've been here countless times, and this is the first time it has happened, then he was apologetic.

They asked someone to fix the next day, it got cooler a bit, but still very warm.

Too bad, the room is nice and so is the view.

I used to stay in another place in Ubud and I regret not staying at my other place.

They graciously apologized after, and gave us 10% discount, but service recovery was late.

Needless to say, I will never go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bankergirl1016
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My friend who visited Bali more than 10 times recommend me to stay in this resort because she is always stayed in this place if she travels to Bali, and now I understand why.
The resort is not far from the center (15-20' to walk). A beautiful rice filed view, quiet and amazing place. The time we spent there to look at the rice field just so peaceful like on paradise!!!
The room is clean and nice design. The staff is superb friendly. We will back here for sure. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

What a gorgeous place this is. Located in the village of Nyuhkuning, away from the crowds in Ubud (but only a short walk through the monkey forest away) we felt really at home here with our 2 small children. The location is perfect, and a short walk down the road are several places to eat. We liked the Laka Leke restaurant which was about 5 mins walk away, food was great and the kids loved the dancing which happened most nights (ended up eating there a few times in our short stay!)

We had the Jatayu Room which was beautiful (and enormous!). A separate bed for each of the kids, mosquito nets and it's own amazing terrace and garden. Perfect for our family. It doesn't have the rice paddy views of some of the other rooms, but makes up for it in so many other ways. We'd choose this room again.

Great pool to flop into after a day exploring, our son finally learned to swim here (hurrah!) so it will always hold really fond memories.

The staff at Alam Jiwa are some of the loveliest we've met on our travels. Amazing friendly service meaning you can just relax and enjoy this really special place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in the Cendrawasih suite and Wow!!! It was like a palace. Traditional Balinese at its best. Indoor/outdoor style accommodation complete with outdoor shower. Hospitable staff who made you feel welcome and couldn't do enough for you. Easy walk through the monkey forest to the centre of Ubud. Delicious breakfast and afternoon teas served to your villa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

If you want to avoid the hectic central-Ubud scene, but still be within walking distance, then Alam Jiwa is a great choice.

We stayed in the Merpati room, which I'd highly recommend as it's on the top floor looking through the tree tops to the rice paddies/ducks, distant volcano, and river just below. (Though there probably isn't a bad room location - it's a small hotel in a wonderful location). You are in the countryside, so there are some ants that may join you if you leave out crumbs, but that's pretty much the only inconvenience I noticed... And that's classic Bali, so enjoy them :)

The staff could not be nicer /more helpful. Breakfasts were excellent.

We would definitely stay there again if we're ever back in the area.

Stayed: March 2014