“Beautiful relaxing place + Extremely kind service”
Review of Pajar House Ubud

Pajar House Ubud
Ranked #15 of 538 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Cernusco sul Naviglio, Italy
“Beautiful relaxing place + Extremely kind service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The location is beautiful and relaxing;
the rooms are in a traditional balinese architecture complex, well designed and clean; nice bath-tub in open air, relaxing garden around, with little fontains, and open air comfortable spaces. The Service is totally lovely.
Perfect for relaxing romantic time.
We reach the place, north from ubud, by Motorbike, but you can also ask for a shuttle by the Pajar House.

Room Tip: Any room is ok!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 15 May 2014

this is definately a beautiful suprise i had during my short stay in ubud.they have 6 rooms and it is very clean and comfortable,very modern and private.food is great and the staff is very helpful ! i loved it .

the only regret is that i cannot stay longer,they are building a new room and a swimming pool now so hopefully i will be back again.

the biggest guestroom is the best so make sure if you can get that one if you are with your partner,they have an open shower and tub, this is the best ,cleanest,cosy guesthouse i stayed in ubud. the staff is nice sweet,very friendly family.it's fantasitc staying there.

some roasters at late nite and morning.but it's fine if you like it. i suggest them to build a small dining house for guests to come and eat,or just chill and catch up.

im coming back for sure! recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is 4km from Ubud center, however distance is not a problem: at any time you want they can take you and pick you up. Good air conditioner, TV, an awesome bathroom. Breakfast is simple but enough. It's served every morning at the time of your choice in your terrace. Honestly, these people go above and beyond to please you...it's a family compound and they make you feel like family. They arrange tours and laundry at an awesome price. They also invited me to take part of a ceremony at the village temple. It's pure and true Bali experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

It was clear from the start that all of the staff from Pajar would do their upmost best to make sure you are happy. We had a room with a kitchen which was an added bonus but there was a tiny negative with the room as there was a Rooster that woke us up very early but we had earplugs luckily. We came across a few small problems but the young efficient manager made sure that they were all corrected. The breakfast was nice but I would say that their food on the menu was too cold to enjoy unfortunately. As Pajar is in the middle of a rice field they provide you to the centre of Ubud on call which was great. You really do feel at home here

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steviekerr88
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was at four hotels in Bali and this was the best one I've been to in a long time. I am an experienced traveller so I usually don't rate places but I had to as Pajar House really surprised me. Not only price / quality. All the commodities exceed what you may expect. It is a rural hotel. That means you are near a city but in an actual area that is the real way they live in Bali. Only 5 min in car from Ubud in the middle of rice fields on an actual neighborhood. So there are dogs and roosters near by which I personally loved.
You see real beutifull houses all aligned. Inside it is all calm and with statues , family temple, a fountain and some bunnies. Then they surprise you with all these commodities. From a cell for you to contact them when they take you to any area of Ubud and back for free to any question. Also they have excellent wifi and best cable tv. Most hotels ( I went to 4-5 star hotels) had problems with wifi and terribe tv. The room is very big and smells of Teka wood from the beautiful furniture. Slippers / robe included. The bathroom has an open area, big and very modern with a pebble shower in the middle. Very private at the same time. The air conditioning is new and clean and not to close to the bed so you do not have currents. The sheets and towels which they change everyday and smell of vanilla. The bed is big and very confortable.
They have tours for you with a driver. I asked for typical things without tourist and they arranged a different tour! The best one of all my tours. I even was invited to a wedding of a family member as a guest. An experience I will never forget! The food is also amazing. So much variety and having breakfast in the private garden terrace is amazing. I had dinner in my spaciuos room most nights because I was tired from all the tours I took. Happy I did since later found out that the cook is from a 5 star hotel. Tea/ coffee kettle and mineral water included and a fridge like any big hotel.
I also asked for a Balian ( healer) and was an intresting experience. Still can't beleive he knew so much from just seeing me. A real one, not the one from the movie. I asked for all the traditional ways of doing things there to not offend anyone at the wedding or Balian and they were really helpfull. Even lending me a sari for the temples and wedding or Balian.
Thanks to Made, Kadek, Dharma, Mul and the rest of the staff for making my stay memorable, pamperring me and making me feel at home. They even were intrested in learning some spanish. Qué pasada tíosssss!
I would have stayed more but it was totally booked. See you next time I visit Bali! Nataly

Room Tip: Take a flash light. The streets in the area do not have too much light.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Nataly1275
Wayan W, General Manager at Pajar House Ubud, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
dear nathaly

thank you've written an excellent review
yes we did our location in the center of the village in bali so nomal if d morning to hear the sound of roosters crowing, because everyone's got a rooster for cockfighting preparation when there is a ceremony at a temple in our village, because it is a culture in bali should we preserve, and experience that you can only get in Pajar house ubud, and look directly bali family activities from morning to night
Our place 4 km from central Ubud, still natural, traffic that is not crowded
we also still be the way to the field and meet directly with farmers and direct view of their activities, we believe strongly in maintaining guest comfort and ready to do my best as long as you stay at our place
we wait you and your family visit us again when you came to ubud
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Clean, great service, big and comfortable rooms, AMAZING bathroom!
Free transport to ubud ( cellphone for calling the driver is provided), free wifi and good breakfast (very nice on the terasse).

Highly recommend it!

Thanks so much for your hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Julia-Elisaa
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am a backpacker and its my first time to bali, spent 4 nights and had a fruitful stay at Pajar Ubud. I was overwhelmed with the bungalow, because its an ideal place I ever dreamt. I could feel the balinese ambience and the place is well decorated. It is run by a family and the staffs are all friendly and kind. They cater all your needs from day tour tours and a free lift to a nearby local market driven by their personal drivers. Each day is greeted with their warm smile which makes you enlightened too! As a nature lover myself, i really feel close at home, with an open concept shower, I could spent time listening to the sounds of wild insects and rooster, when at night you could ponder at the open space and watch the stars, relaxing to the sound of crickets. They also provide free mountain bike which able you to cycle the area, and dont miss the rice paddy. Just a few meters away. Its best to cycle around noon, though its hot but breezy with beautiful view of the blue sky and you could meet the local villagers too:) This place is full of serenity and peace, far away from the hectic town of bali. If you're looking for a similar 5 class luxurious villa, but with affordable price, I would highly recommend you to Pajar Ubud, you're welcome with friendly and family oriented staffs and well prepared free breakfast at your patio. Thank you to Kadek and Family, for making my stay in Bali a memorable one. Will definitely come back again for my next visit. Love from Singapore:)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends