“Very good Italian food in Ubud”

Restaurant Uma Cucina
Ranked #23 of 780 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Uma Cucina is an Italian-inspired restaurant and lounge bar at Uma by COMO, Ubud. Informal and convivial, with outdoor terraces and a large communal dining table at the heart of the space, Uma Cucina reflects the homely 'kitchen' spirit behind its name ('cucina' means kitchen in Italian).Menus are strong on fresh, locally-sourced produce and the flavours of Italy. Seasonal vegetables, seafood and slow-cooked meats are rendered in colourful, easygoing options, perfect for sharing with friends. House specialities include handmade pastas, cheeses and sausages, woodfired pizzas and breads, as well as classic Italian gelatos and granitas.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Uma Cucina Friday night. We were received and seated by the very friendly staff, and the good service continued throughout the evening.

We ordered two glasses of Prosecco while we studied the menu. I ordered burrata as a starter and baby chicken for main course, while my wife ordered the bruschetta and the tiger prawns.

Both starters were excellent with good distinct flavors and different textures. As for the main courses, my wife was very happy with her grilled tiger prawns. My baby chicken tasted very good, but the leg was undercooked so I dropped eating it. We each had a nice glass of red wine with our main courses.

For dessert my wife had the chocolate nemesis (excellent) while I had the pumpkin and olive oil cake which tasted much nicer than it sounds.

All in all an excellent meal, although on the pricy side with a total of 1,8 million rupiah. Surely one of Ubuds best restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Uma Cucina

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I wouldn't ordinarily choose to eat Italian food in Bali however on our recent trip to Ubud we decided to try Uma's new restaurant Cucina Uma. We've stayed at the hotel twice before so had high expectations, we weren't disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful and has a real wow factor. The service was outstanding, attentive but not intrusive. The food was delicious,so good that we returned for pizza and a glass of wine for lunch on our last day. The staff recognised us spoiling us with complimentary dessert.
In my opinion Uma can do no wrong.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Well designed, appointed upscale Italian restaurant on the main road into Ubud.

From the moment we arrive the staff were attentive and congenial. Well honed service with attention to detail and heightening the customers experience.
Luckily we received an outer verandah seating that combined a lounge and a somewhat hard chair for one diner (me).
Wonderful mood lighting and decor. Bali styling at a high standard.

Food - table bread with olive oil and balsamic
Trio salad - 3 types of lettuce tossed in Anchovy oil - delish
Linguine Crab - called Spaghetini
Pappardelle Rabbit Ragu
Wine
To compliment the mains the Hob Nob, French Pinot Noir. Superb.
The food and wine were all great with a small comment regarding the Pappardelle, a little more pasta would have made this meal divine. Apart from this all meals were fresh, delicious and light.
More cred to Uma as they produce all their food on site.
A dessert of Chocolate Nemesis was ordered, savoured as an additional pleasure of dining here should be.

Downside - Government tax adds considerably to the bill.

Highly recommend this restaurant for a dining experience. Uma opened in 2013.

Further to this visit.
We dined here again a week later as our farewell dinner in Ubud. The staff remembered our names and gave us the same table. I would add that if you return the appreciation for what's offered at Uma is greater.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went to Uma Cucina for lunch on the recommendation of a friend and were delighted by the wonderful food and service we experienced! The arancini and burrata starters were very tasty and beautifully presented! We had the Bucatini pasta dish (beef ragu) which was seriously delicious. Uma Cucina has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the service was impeccable, one of the best meals I have had in Bali!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Impressed by F & B Service staff they seems really happy with their job, serve passionately even they're know that we are not staying in UMA and only coming for dinner.
Chef will spend some time to have a look the crowd, thanks.
Food is tasty, beverages are fine.
Overall satisfied with the service.
Definitely will come back.