“Easily the best pizza in town . . . no wait , of the whole island !”
Review of Uma Cucina

Uma Cucina
Ranked #28 of 838 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Uma Cucina is an Italian-inspired restaurant and lounge bar at COMO Uma Ubud. Informal and convivial, with outdoor terraces and a large communal dining table at the heart of the space, Uma Cucina reflects the homely 'kitchen' spirit behind its name ('cucina' means kitchen in Italian).Menus are strong on fresh, locally-sourced produce and the flavours of Italy. Seasonal vegetables, seafood and slow-cooked meats are rendered in colourful, easygoing options, perfect for sharing with friends. House specialities include handmade pastas, cheeses and sausages, woodfired pizzas and breads, as well as classic Italian gelatos and granitas.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Being a frequent visitor of Ubud ( my brother lives here ) , I tried my share of food around here . Although I mostly prefer to eat at the local Warung’s I sometimes crave something un-Bali like . Like pizza . Which is is mostly a big disappointment around here . Today I gave it another shot with a lunch at Uma Cucina .

I start of with a nice glass of cold water and a drink that is named ‘ Mango Sacrifice ‘ . It has a flowery and refreshing taste and is pretty looking too . The mango flavor is a little too subtle for me though . The light sparkles are okay , but personally I could do without and drink this flat .

The menu offers a wide variety of Italian food , arranged in shared plates , first plates , main plates , side dishes , pasta & rice dishes .and of course Pizza’s . Most of the dishes I know well , some of them are less familiar . It seems that this place is really serving some strong Italian cuisine . This menu should boast at least one favorite dish for anyone , but in my opinion there are actually too many choices on the menu . So my decision what to eat was swift , but it was not an easy one . I go for the pizza “ Prosciutto di Parma “ , with marinated mushrooms , sweet onions , arugula , Reggiano Parmigiano and truffle oil .

They serve me some sour dough bread and spicery bread with olive oil and vinegar , which is a perfect little start of the lunch . The olive oil has a really rich flavor and together with the vinegar it goes smoothly with the warm , crunchy bread . I do not really mind waiting for my pizza right now .

The pizza looks incredibly delicious when it arrives at the table . There are quite a few things that can go wrong with a pizza , but none of those happened to this one . From the very first bite I’m having a party in my mouth . The dough is thin and thick at the right places and perfectly crisp . The flavors are all well balanced and all ingredients are present , but none of them are overwhelming or overpowering the others . I am thoroughly enjoying this pizza , which is quite rare in a country that is not Italy or Amsterdam . I actually eat the whole thing , meaning not leaving the outer ring parts that have no topping ( people with tiny stomachs probably know exactly what I mean ) .

Dessert time ! Again , choosing isn’t made easy here . There are a few mouthwatering options . With a slight hesitation I go for the “ Semifreddo “ , white chocolate , ginger , coffee poached pears and walnuts . The white chocolate has the heavenly texture of a firm and creamy gelato that you still would love to eat when quite stuffed already . There’s always some room left for this one . The coffee poached pears are a true discovery . Wow ! The thinly sliced ginger and walnuts finish of an excellent dessert .

In my opinion , Uma Cucina is a wonderful place to eat . The staff is friendly , but not too friendly ( if you know what I mean ) . My pizza was maybe not the very best pizza I ever had the pleasure of eating , but surely the best pizza I had in a long , long , long time . Easily the best pizza in town , no wait , of the whole island . No doubt !

I look forward to my next visit here and trying out some other dishes on the menu .

3  Thank Hendrawanto

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We came and had dinner at Cucina 2 nights in a row and we were not disappointed. Staying in the hotel itself, the restaurant proves to be a great stand alone with good food and service.

On our first night, we had the arancini balls to share and baby chicken and the pork belly for main. Both mains were cooked well and if you particularly love a good crackling, you can't go past the pork belly!

We were given a free dessert after the cocktail was brought to us a little late - but it wasn't a big deal as we reminded them during the meal.

Second night we ordered the arancini to share again-it was so yummy we have to have it again! For mains we ordered 2 pasta and it didn't disappoint.

The ambience was good - mood lighting with lots of candles. Definitely a good choice for italian in Ubud!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Amazing food, the quality of the meals is incredible. Best arancini ever. The staff is extremely kind and makes sure you have the best time. The decor is even better looking than in the pictures!!! Beautiful restaurant, best italian food ever. Try the gelato!!! I will definitely go back, its a must if you want good italian food in Bali! And the waitress Poutri is simply lovely, shes very kind.

1  Thank Annie8229
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We are pleased to have chosen Uma Cucina for dinner on our last night in Bali. The food was delicious and the portion was generous. Only one thing is that we wish the menu was bigger with more variety. The restaurant is nicely designed and the ambiance is just right. The staff remember and actually address you by your name every time when they speak to you - impressive!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just loved everything- sublime Ambience, great unique & appealing menu - that didnt disappoint!
The chef visits each table - just for a chat- which adds to the personal touch.
What was there to dislike- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
Traci Webb- Travel Coordinator and fine foodie