“Would return in a heartbeat!”
Review of Puri Gangga Resort

Puri Gangga Resort
Ranked #39 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I am a woman in my 30's travelling with a friend. We travelled looking for both adventure and relaxation. We stayed here in February 2014. This was my favorite hotel of all our hotels during our 5 weeks of travel (Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia). This is slightly off the beaten path (which i enjoyed). It's a bit of a distance (drive) to Ubud, but a lovely quiet resort. It is located right next door to a beautiful temple area ($5 entrance, wear a sarong). The resort is surrounded by rice fields and lush vegatation. Hotel staff picked us up at the aiport and were amazing from the get go. Our driver stopped so we could get food after a long flight. He provided us with moist, aromoathery oil-infused face clothes to clean up a little on the drive to the resort. Our room was incredible. We had a room overlooking the pool. Our room had two amazingly comfortable twin beds (a far cry from the rock hard beds in Thailand!). The room is beautifully decorated. The bathroom was gorgeous (pebble stone shower, big soaker tub). The smells at the resort were wonderful. There was aromatherapy scents in our towels. It was lovely. Not overpowering. The restaurant was amazing. Great dishes every night. The staff were so friendly and accomodating. They arranged a private yoga session for me when i asked. Apparently yoga only occurs regularly in the morning. In spite of this, i had a relaxing evening session all to myself. The infinity pool overlooking the temple and vegatation was a dream. Room service was perfect. They even provided a little cake and personalized letter on Valentines day! lol. I wish i had more time at this resort. I hope to return here in the future. I believe we received a reduced rate booking online, as the hotel is new and fairly quiet still. Other fun activities/day trips from resort: Canyoning through waterfalls with "Adventure and Spirit", scuba diving the Liberty wreck in Amed (pick up at hotel was a shocking 5:30 am! lol), shopping at family run silver stores in Ubud, touring various temples around Ubud. Would try some of the hotel's own tours/activities next time also (did not have sufficient time for this).

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool. It's gorgeous.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunshineKid80
Puri G, General Manager at Puri Gangga Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Dear SunshineKid80, Om Swatiastu and warmest greeting from Puri Gangga Resort. We thank you for your compliments. We love to hear that our resort now became your favorite place to spend your time in Bali. We committed to maintain and improve all of them to welcoming you return to our Home in A Living in future.
Dewa

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The resort is very nicely located close to the village of Sebatu, 30 min drive from Ubud. The surroundings (rice fields, dense vegetations) are really nice. The rooms (very nice bathrooms!) are big and clean. The garden and the pool are lovely. Perfect to relax and to have a romantic dinner, the chef is great! We also enjoyed the treatments at the beautiful spa. If you want to go around we suggest to rent a scooter by yourself in Ubud, it's much cheaper than if you ask at the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FedeTrt
Puri G, General Manager at Puri Gangga Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Valued Guest, Om Swastiastu and warmest greeting from Puri Gangga Resort. We would like to thank you for your comments in trip advisor. We glad to know that overall you enjoyed your staying with us. We are located in the middle of a rural Balinese village, where we can offer beauty of Balinese nature and we committed to improve our products and services to welcoming you return in our Home in A Living Culture in future
Dewa

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Our little family - mom, dad and babygirl - were amazed from the beginning.

This is truly a great place to relax. It is a quiet, little hotel - perfect for families and couples.

The view is wonderful. We live in a suite on the second floor - and in front of us we have the most beautiful, green forest and rice terracces.

The rooms are very clean, and the food in the restaurant is great.

The staff is also very smiling and helpful.

Our best recommandations.

/Kasper.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank kasperblomgren
D_Sudarta, Manager at Puri Gangga Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Kasper,

Warm greetings from Puri Gangga Resort Sebatu " A Home In A Living Culture"

Thank you for your sharing information on the tripadvisor
We will keep our spirit and improve our service to our guest

Hope we will accommodate you again when you back to Bali specially to Puri Gangga Resort

Best Regards,

I Wayan Sudarta
Operation Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I spent one week from 29 Jan till 4th Feb 2014. very hard to fault this hotel the whole place is kept spotless. After a very smooth check-in I was shown to my beautiful room (seems like a palace). It is obvious the staff feel it is their main goal in life to make sure your holiday is the best ever and nothing is too much trouble. staff were always courteous and helpful. I recommend it to everyone is looking for peace & tranquility. Really amazing. Dr. Kamal Safwat

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kamal S
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked a last min 2 night stay at the Puri Gangga Resort, and boy did it exceed our expectations!! We booked a couples package that included a airport pick up, room upgrade, candle light dinner.

So where do I begin.

We arrived late from our flight with tiger airways, and being our first time in bali, we didn't realize how long the check out process was. After clearing customs we immediately saw our driver with my name on it. I was worried that we weren't going to see him, but what made him stand out was he was wearing a traditional Indonesian outfit (or at least I think it was) which made it easy for us to spot. He was extremely friendly and took us on our way to the resort. It was already late so we didn't get to the resort until about 10:30pm (about an hour/ hour and 30 min) The check in process was fairly quick, except we were STARVING after a long flight and drive. We were told the kitchen was closed after 10, and nothing around was in sight. We got upgraded to the GARDEN villa. It was VERY nice, right beside the infinity pool. The room was amazing! And to top it off our check in person was able to get us some sandwiches to help with our hunger :) a perfect way to end the day after some rough traveling.

They served an amazing 3 course meal breakfast, which was included in our package. Took a free shuttle into ubud market where we decided to shop and get some full body treatment there ( much cheaper there, 1 hour - 3 hour massage range from $6 - $30 CDN)

We had a candle light dinner scheduled for 7:30pm, and boy did it exceed our expectation. The table was set up right beside the infinity pool with flower pedals surrounding the table in the shape of a heart and candles on and around our table. It was like a scene out of a movie. We earlier (I think during breakfast) told them we were from Canada and was surprised us with a beautiful Centre piece made of fruits and veggies that represented canada! They then began serving our 4 course meal, which I have to give my hats of to the chef Ketut! Thanks for creating us an amazing dinner and to our waiter, he was also amazing!!

The next morning we took the rice field tour, which was very nice to see, my only complaint about that would be if our tour guide gave us more information about the rice fields. We then went to a waterfall where we made an offering (offerings prepared by the resort costed us $36 CDN for two. I believe we could have had a local prepare us one for a MUCH lower price or even for free or even show us how to create one. I was told they make offering each day). and soaked our bodies to "clear away the black magic" it was pretty surreal. All guest should experience this if you are unfamiliar with Indonesian culture.

The only cons I had was the wifi was not very good, I asked for the password multiple times, which they gave me, but I could never connect. They have a open connection which was fairly slow as well. Also the bathroom needs some better products as one night we took a bubble bath but the water did not foam at all, even after using the whole bottle.

Over all we had an amazing time here at the puri gangga resort!! I would definitely recommend this place for a couple who wants to get a peaceful get away.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam L
Reviewed 12 February 2014

For my 5 years living in Bali and travelling around, trying new places and resorts almost every month, i was surprised when i found this absolutely amazing place in the jungle. For a good value you will get more than you expect. For me definitely like top star hotel with big ambitions in the future.

Resort is open just two months, so everything is new. Even if they are still building new rooms, they waited until we leave the resort to start make some noise.

All the rooms looks like on pictures, comfy bed, view to the garden and forest, huge bathroom with tub, TV, wireless, AC, fridge and fresh fruit and water every day.

Staff is more then friendly, unbelievably helpful and still smiling, wishing us beautiful day and anytime we had some questions they answered more then we asked:) Never had this experience before with so kindly and nice people like here! Miss them already.

Food is just wow. Chef is just 19 years old boy but the food is 5 star. After every meal he came to ask how was it and If everything was ok. All the time some complimentary food and breakfast were one of the best i've ever had.

Free yoga every morning, free shuttle to ubud, free trips on bicycle, free running, waving from coconut leaves, chilling around the pool.........no need to write more review.

FULLY RECOMMEND this place. I will definitely go back soon. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Veronqua
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First, this place was absolutely AMAZING! The staff was excellent and made us feel so comfortable and special during our stay. The resort is fairly small and very relaxing, if you are looking for a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle this is exactly where you want to be. It is about 30 minutes from Ubud but they provide free shuttle service which was so convenient! The restaurant food was agreeably the best we had in Indonesia. The prices for food and drink were very reasonable too! We stayed in a garden villa and I have to say I felt like such a princess. The only issue is that you may run into some "visitors" but I don't blame that on the hotel, we are in the middle of the jungle so I wasn't too bothered by it, we just called the front desk and they had someone take care of it. We also had a tendency to leave the doors wide open while we stayed because the weather was absolutely perfect. The TV didn't really have any channels to really watch but again, no big deal, who wants to watch tv when they are in paradise anyway? My biggest upset was that I did not know that we needed to book the spa in advance and by the time I tried to book, the times that worked for us were unavailable. It is a very small, like 2 staff, spa that only takes one person or couple at a time. So just be aware of that and you wont have a problem! Also, there are plenty of spas in Ubud so crisis was averted! The resort is beautiful and you will probably be broken hearted when you have to leave, I definitely was!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GabgabTX
D_Sudarta, Manager at Puri Gangga Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear GabgabTX,

Om Suastiastu

Warm greetings from Puri Gangga Resort " A Home In A Living Culture"

Thank you very much for your kind review. Thank you for you stay with us and delighted to know your experience met all expectations.

Please rest assured your comments will be shared with our team who are genuinely motivated and inspired by your feedback, all contributing to more excellent experiences for our guests in future.

Looking Forward to welcoming you again to Puri Gangga Resort next time