Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa
US$219
US$721
US$553
Agoda.com
All reviewsdining cornerprivate villaour honeymoonthe riveroutdoor bathroommain poolcinnamon toastcomplimentary high teabutler serviceafternoon tealiving roomwelcome homesmall kitchencomplimentary massagelarge poolinfinity poolopen air
Reviewed 2 September 2011

There are many choices of hotels and villas in Ubud, all worth going to I'm sure. But Kayumanis (which mean cinnamon in Balinese) is definitely a place of choice. First the location (15mn by car from Ubud),then the tranquility, and the best of all the sincere friendliness of the staff. We had a great villa (Bile) with a huge pool (not a plunge pool most hotels offer today), and our butler Edy did all he could to make our stay the best possible. There is a lot of free offer in their package, which have a real value. Try the free morning walks in the paddy fields and in the river. Also the free limousine to Ubud until 11pm is a great service no other hotel offers. It enables you to go test the finest restaurants in the area. And you should as food is unfortunately the strength of Kayumanis. But you have in Ubud the outstanding Mozaic, the good Cascades, and the OK bridges (a must do - see my reviews on them), to compensate. One more thing to maximise your stay: Know what you want and instruct the staff to do or book it for you. In conclusion, just try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank HongkongInvictus
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This official review title can't say it any better. There is something so captivating of Kayumanis Ubud that for the first time my boyfriend and I decided that we will definitely come back for a longer getaway, or maybe for some important dates!

Having seen so many promising reviews here, we had no doubt of Kayumais' quality, but it just went far beyond our expectation! The impressive experience started with a friendly driver who escorted us from the airport to this very hidden gem in the farmland area in Ubud. Then the receptionist would be there to give you fragrant welcome flowers! I agree with the previous review, they are indeed hospitality experts! They think into every single detail for you. For our SPA treatments, for our transportation, even for our in-villa services - everything was so well explained and taken care of.

Of course there are different levels of villas, but I'm sure all the 23 villas are of the same superb quality. Ours is BUNUTAN, a middle-size villa with an outdoor lounge, private kitchen, private pool, outdoor bathtub and shower (WOW). The lush trees and colourful flowers spanning all over the premise and our villa promised it's an out-and-out escapeaway. They were even so thoughtful to prepare electrical and traditional mosquito repellents, and a lounge CD to come with a Bose player. I love the cinnamon smell of all toilet amenities, including shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath gel, soap and bath salt!

Definitely recommend a trip to the Spa. The packages they offer are not particularly outstanding, nor can it be anything compared to Hyatt, Shangri-la, Mandarin Oriental etc. But staying in this little hut next to the river, listening to the running water is a unique experience!

One to add - I ordered a 'star light dinner' to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. It was supposed to take place on a platform overlooking the river and hill. But the rain forced the staff to relocate all the hard-made settings to Delight Corner (I appreciate their efforts a lot!). It was a superb experience having such a private time with someone important, whilst everyone on duty was really serving with their utmost sincerity. We had a customised menu, a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, then we enjoyed the six-course dinner surrounded by flower pedals and candlelights. I was particularly impressed that no one mentioned the cake I requested before our arrival in front of my boyfriend, but at the end of our dinner they suddenly showed up with birthday candles and a complimentary cake! It ended up RP2000K, not bad!!

But Kayumais is not without flaws. The villa could have been cleaned better. I saw some brown stains on the couch covered by cushions. And some on the mosquito net. And the Kayumanis Karma spa treatment I received is just a very simple foot bath + hot stone massage (which was not too "to the point" honestly) + a very simple cleansing facial which took just 15 minutes.

But anyway, my boyfriend and I are already talking about visiting again!

Room Tip: Maybe say it's for a special occasion.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ren W
Reviewed 24 August 2011

There is nothing more welcoming after a long flight from England than the cool, shady and luxurious surroundings and the beautifully tendered gardens of Kayumanis, Ubud. And there is no better personal welcome than that from the staff at Kayumanis, who are hospitality experts.

The villas are stylish yet have a warm Indonesian charm and are extremely comfortable and immaculately clean with fresh white towels replaced daily. The villa pools are generously sized and we slept wonderfully in the huge bed. The outdoor nature of the villas (we had an outdoor living room, bathroom and shower) was so uplifting and we enjoyed the villa so much it was hard to tear ourselves away for excursions.

The rest of the hotels facilities are of an equally high standard. The walk to the spa over a bridge with a river flowing underneath is breathtaking and I would highly recommend you enjoy a relaxing spa treatment during your stay. The infinity pool, which is surrounded by lush, jungle greenery, is amazing and the restaurant will serve you the most mouth-watering food, prepared by their very accomplished chefs, either in the restaurant or at your villa. We also enjoyed cocktails on the balcony of Kayumanis's beautiful restaurant, which were prepared fresh with real fruit - delicious!

But the quality of the staff at Kayumanis, Ubud also really makes the place. They are incredibly warm, welcoming, helpful and friendly. They genuinely want you to enjoy your stay and they anticipate and take care of every detail. The standards they set for hospitality are so high; I feel I can only be disappointed if I stay anywhere else. We were honestly very sad to say goodbye to the place and the staff when it was time to leave. We stayed at Kayumanis, Ubud for three nights and our only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

We also fell in love with Ubud. There is so much to do and see here. The art culture is so strong; you cannot fail to be in awe of the amazing paintings and carvings that line the streets and galleries. Kayumanis, Ubud also offer an excellent range of tours. The Elephant Safari was a particular highlight for us and we really enjoyed a four hour tour provided by Kayumanis which took us to rice fields, temples and galleries and was made all the more interesting because our Kayumanis guide was so willing to share his local knowledge with us.

Without hesitation, I would recommend Kayumanis, Ubud and Bali to you. We both agree it was our best holiday ever!

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are equally amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We wanted a different experience from your usual sea resort and decided to book a villa in Kayumanis Ubud and we were so glad we did. We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary and this place certainly provided the environment for it. The villa and the spa were all good but the key thing that made this place really great was the great staff and great service. Wish we could stay longer but we missed our little back home :) Given a chance, will come back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThomasChoo
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I had the absolute pleasure of staying here with family and friends recently. It was without doubt, one of the most beautiful places I have stayed in. The staff, accommodation and facilities were outstanding. I don't think I have encountered such helpful staff who have such a wonderful understanding of service. If I ever return to Ubud, staying there again is a no brainer...who would stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends