We first stayed at Kayumanis in Ubud when it first opened in 2003. It has nearly doubled in size now, with many new villas. The older ones (we stayed in the 3-bedroom) are showing their age. In Bali's climate, I guess it is hard to keep up with mold, ants and electrical problems. After a day of running the aircon, and notifying the staff, the wet smell and the ants went away and although the kitchen was dark, most of the lights were working.
The new swimming pool is beautiful but not used by many. No one seemed to walk down to sit at the cafe near by. That's probably because the private swimming pools are so nice and so easy to enjoy, just steps from the room.
The spa was fantastic. Our package included complimentary treatments and we topped up with extras at a very reasonable cost.
Breakfasts were excellent, although service was a bit slow. More food and choice than we needed. The staff is friendly and attempts to be helpful, a bit handicapped by lack of English. They organized an excellent driver with a comfortable car to show us around. He was very cooperative, did not insist we visit particular places, and suggested a good, reasonabley priced lunch on the beach for us. Transportation into Ubud is free.
We knew Kayumanis so that is why we chose it. There may be better venues but this is in a good location, close to Ubud. Unfortunately, the traffic in Bali is now as bad as Jakarta. It took us over two hours to get from Ubud to the airport. That's progress, I guess, but it puts a damper on much sight-seeing. You could do worse than relaxing behind the walls of your private villa at Kayumanis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kayumanis Private Villa & Spa at Ubud is a refreshing retreat that takes travellers away from the demands of modern living. Gently nestled on a serene parcel of landscape above the flow of the Ayung River, a total of 23 luxuriously appointed villas offer total privacy from the outside world. Each villa is set within its own tropical compound with a private pool and open-style bathroom. Tastefully themed interiors draw attention to the artistic heritage of the Indonesian archipelago. All villas feature a gourmet kitchen and other high-end facilities to ensure that every stay is one of pure indulgence. A newly launched Spa environment, designed to focus on personal wellness, incorporates five treatment pavilions, a small restaurant, an infinity edge swimming pool and a series of inspiration decks. The Dining Corner is an intimate restaurant at the property offering sweeping valley views and a signature menu of authentic Thai cuisine. Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa do not accommodate children under 16 years old ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA and Hotels.com so you can book your Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa Hotel Ubud
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa And Spa
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa Bali