Our stay at Kayumanis was the highlight of our trip. If you have a high pressure lifestyle and need to unwind and chillout fast while getting first class service, this is it! I couldn't believe after only one day I was resting blissfully by our private pool totally relaxed.
The villas are very spacious and private, with a separate outdoor living area, bathroom and large pool, which was absolutely amazing. We spent most of our time outside in the living area, which has a lounge and TV. The bed is so comfortable & huge (my partner is 6 foot 1 & I lost him during the night! I have to admit that it won't be suited to everyone and I'll detail that further down.
Being quite hyper I was concerned about the reviews stating that the resort was very quiet, and 15-20 mins from Ubuds town centre. With a free private vehicle available, to take you anywhere at 10 minutes notice, at any time of day (including pick up), this really wasn't an issue. If you want, the driver will happily stop at any location while you check out a local shop etc.
Having a butler (24hour service) come and prepare breakfast & lunch was absolutely fabulous. The food was of a very high quality and close to best we had during our entire stay in Bali. Overall I can't fault the service.
During my stay I had a spa treatment, which although it was on the expensive side for Bali ($150 for 3 hours) I felt that it was totally worth it. You can get a much cheaper basic massage in Ubud centre (about $10 for an hour) which I also tried, but the hotels spa experience was definitely superior.
I mentioned earlier that this resort wont be for everyone: if you're after a view the deluxe villas won't meet the criteria - it is totally private with high stone walls surrounding the entire 300sq mtr villa (great to sunbathe nude though!) There is also an outdoor shower (which feels great to shower outside in the balmy weather) and also an outdoor toilet that may not suit those that are prudish with their partners. Finally, if you're wanting to be at the footstep of the frantic pace & noisy part of Ubud maybe stay at Komaneka Monkey Forest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kayumanis Private Villa & Spa at Ubud is a refreshing retreat that takes travellers away from the demands of modern living. Gently nestled on a serene parcel of landscape above the flow of the Ayung River, a total of 23 luxuriously appointed villas offer total privacy from the outside world. Each villa is set within its own tropical compound with a private pool and open-style bathroom. Tastefully themed interiors draw attention to the artistic heritage of the Indonesian archipelago. All villas feature a gourmet kitchen and other high-end facilities to ensure that every stay is one of pure indulgence. A newly launched Spa environment, designed to focus on personal wellness, incorporates five treatment pavilions, a small restaurant, an infinity edge swimming pool and a series of inspiration decks. The Dining Corner is an intimate restaurant at the property offering sweeping valley views and a signature menu of authentic Thai cuisine. Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa do not accommodate children under 16 years old ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa Hotel Ubud
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa And Spa
- Kayumanis Ubud Private Villa & Spa Bali