The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
US$539
US$508
HotelsClick
1,349 results
All reviewssunrise poolmain buildingfree shuttledeluxe roomwater featuresshuttle serviceubud townevery hourmonkey forestrice fieldspoolsindochinebaliwoodmassagestatuesdriverlounging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We spent 5 days here and loved the resort. The charm and friendliness of the staff was a bonus. Loved the pool area and were amazed at the design of the gardens.
Found both the SPA and the restaurant very over priced so used the shuttle service to source alternatives in Ubud. I think the owners should reconsider the pricing strategy as would have enjoyed to spend more time utilizing options at the resort.
Breakfast choices were a bit limited.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Governor Suite and it was very luxurious. A five day package is worthwhile. The shuttle buses are adequate for getting to the Upud town centre where spent most of our time.
3  Thank Ian R
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We tried 3 different room here......all wonderful and charming. We booked for one night originally and extended for 5 nights hence the different rooms. We ended at cottonwood pool villa which was just beautiful. We also had a room called kenanga which was beautiful with hot tub outside. The service was excellent and the restaurant serves great food. The gardens are delightful and so relaxing. Great value for money! They offer a free shuttle into central ubud which is useful.
Very happy and will easily recommend this hotel to anyone going to ubud.

Room Tip: All beautiful and unique.
1  Thank emilyh35
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I spent 8 days at the resort and found it overpriced for what you get and what is on offer in Ubud. It is definitely nowhere near the 5 stars that they advertise - probably more 2 star. The plumbing was awful and I did not have hot water for the first 2 days of stay and then another day later on. I did not have water at all for 2 days of the stay. The staff were not very helpful with this and eventually the hot water was only fixed after I demanded to speak to Manager after the second day. The plumbing also made very loud noises (woke me up every night and I am a very sound sleeper) at night which keeps you up, The prices of the spa were ridiculously expensive. The location is quite a long walk from Ubud centre and most tours will not fetch you from the hotel. The worst part was that they charged me double for the trip. I booked via Expedia and paid in advance. When I checked in, I was asked for a credit card for incidentals and when I returned home after the trip, I see that the hotel charged for the full stay again on the credit card. They are still trying to find the "best way", according to the manager, to refund me.

I would not recommend the hotel or go near the place again!

Room Tip: Do not book here
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Paula N
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Approach to hotel and entrance is good. Hotel full of over designed- rich and ornate furnishing. Lots and lots of things everywhere even if it has no aesthetics.

Rooms are laid out like In a sea side resort but the quality and amenities may be just about or below average.

Not particularly a hotel that will be appeal to repeat users or someone familiar with Ubud and market.

But the staff are friendly and smile and do their best to assist you.

1  Thank btakhel
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I can think of lots of little things that were wrong with The Mansion, but overall, the place is fantastic, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. I absolutely loved staying there and, having left there a few nights ago, I know the fondness in my memory for this place will only grow with time.

First, the bad points:
It is a fair way out of the centre of Ubud (about 5km I think). It is fairly much in the middle of nowhere, with nothing of great interest to me within walking distance. There is cafe Vespa that is close, but alas, by the time I realised it was a decent cafe the Galangun (religious celebration) had started and it was closed because of it for the last few days I was there.

This means you have to rely on the Mansion's shuttle service, or taxis, everyday. However, despite previous reviews to the contrary, I found the shuttle service to be very reliable, and never missed out on getting a ride in. They have two shuttle vans, so if one is full they will send the second one out as well. Getting back was a bit less reliable, but most of the time we just got cabs, for 50,000 (equivalent to about $5 Australian; for a trip that would cost about $20 in Australia).

We had a massive bath tub in our room, but the hot water was very limited, and we couldn't fill it more than about 5 inches deep before the water was cold.

We ate at the restaurant on our first night and the food was very ordinary, and expensive. We were there for a week and never ate dinner there again. We didn't bother with our one free dinner after that, which was part of our deal. My wife had duck and it was really terrible, dry to the point of almost being inedible. I had a seafood medley and the prawns looked aged.

Despite all the outdoor pools, and water space, there were no heated spas.

The Wisnu suite, which we stayed in, and which was superb overall, didn't have a closed off bathroom or toilet. It's a separate space, but not walled off.

Finally, we travelled with a 21/2 year old, and we were expecting a separate bedroom, so that we could put her to bed and then spend time together without disturbing her. I would have complained, but the room was just too good to give up for something that may not have been as good.

Now the good:
The Mansion really is a mansion, with a grand entrance and foyer area. The property is very big and well kept, with so many pools and lovely outside lounge areas.

The buildings have a lot of character, which a lot of newer style resorts lack. The quality of the materials they used to build the mansion is very high; no corners were cut when they built this place.

The suite we stayed in was huge, with a balcony over looking the grounds.

The staff were great.

I know some have complained about the buffet breakfasts, but I can't understand why. The food quality and variety was excellent, and the setting is beautiful.

Overall, while it wasn't perfect, it is just such a great and unique place to stay that I couldn't recommend it highly enough. By staying there, you really will feel like you've stayed somewhere special, as I do, especially now reflecting back.

• Stayed: August 2012